Microsoft CEO Sells 30% of his Shares but the Share price doesn't move

cnbc.com/2018/08/10/microsoft-ceo-satya-nadella-sells-30-percent-of-common-stock.html

haha. This tells you that they don't control the shareprice either.

This tells you that they don't control the shareprice either.

Microsoft Corp. MSFT, -0.61% Chief Executive Satya Nadella sold $35.9 million of the tech titan's stock, according to a Securities and Exchange Commission filing late Friday. The 328,000 shares was not part of a pre-planned stock sale and represents roughly one third of Nadella's previous total holdings. Nadella now holds 778,596 Microsoft shares.

Check MSFT outstanding shares number :)

Mr. Rigged, I think you need to consider the scale of this before trying to draw conclusions.

1. The CEO's pay is primarily in stock and stock options.
2. The CEO sold 30% of shares currently owned. That came to 328,000 shares. You might think that a sale of this size would create a market ripple. In fact, there are currently over 7.6 Billion shares of Microsoft, so 328,000 of them represents less than 1/2 of 1% of all current shares of Microsoft.
3. For the last 50 days, the average daily trading volume for Microsoft stock has been over 26 million shares.
4. The CEO also has 2.28 million in underlying shares, which can be vested at will when the right conditions are met. Doing anything to disrupt the current prices of Microsoft would make those underlying shares worth less.

Looks to me like the CEO wanted a new wing on his mansion, so sold some stock. This is a very common thing.

Agree with pharaoh, this was 30% of CEO shares rather than the whole microsoft shares to bring huge fluctuation in share prices. This is one of the gimmicks to draw the attention of the traders and misguide them.

Microsoft is getting back on track in the big game of all this stocks, techonologies and so on, so I am thinking all is not that bad as you may think so Trump will help them to move up entirely and absolutely anyway. Thanks for that!

And I have not noticed that there was some colossal movement here, I think it is time to observe and analyze the situation for the future. It's okay, no one expected it to be that way. So now everyone just needs to adapt, and traders, and companies.

The current situation had a negative impact on many assets, especially since many companies were forced to stop many of their projects, of course this also led to real financial losses, so it just takes time for things to get better.

I think that even if it is true, it will be corrected soon, because this company has a good reputation and they have proved many times that they are capable of a triumphant return. They really can do that.

I like to pay attention to such things.
Because sometimes it shows you that everything in the market is ambiguous and you always need to prepare in detail for a trading session.

Back