• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss MillionDollarPips.com (William Morrison)

General discussions of a financial company
Hi folks, just got the EA.

I was wondering... Do we have to set input values on the EA or just let it run "as is?"
They suggest all these settings in the manual and on the input page, but don't tell you what to set it at or if it is already programmed into the EA inputs.

The manual looks like it was written by a retard!!!

I suggest: Group Orders=true, Max Sim Orders=4 to shorten the communication time between your PC and the broker server (especially if you are trading live). Use everything else default. Your goal is to achieve ECN condition. Your EURUSD spread should be around 1.0.

Demo vs Live (2)

Today I had a huge gain for my FXCBS demo (15.6%) but only ~1% for my live account. I have discovered that this is because of the huge slip in opening trades for the live account (15 pips). There is no corresponding slip for the demo account. It appears that this problem occurs with v1.2. I have already notified the administrator about this problem.

Group Orders

I have discovered that using Group_Orders=true, even though this would shorten the communication load between your VPS/PC and the broker server, could reduce your profits also. If you can afford ForexVPS, choose them, since you can choose either the US or the UK server AND they can tune the server for you so that the average execution time is much shorter. When you have the average execution time reduced to ~ 300ms, instead of ~1000ms, then you can still use Group_Orders=false, Max Sim Orders=8.

MDP told me to set Use_Stop_Orders and Hard_Stop_Trailing to false to take care of the huge open slip problem for the live account. I did it, but the huge slip problem persists.

But I have found that if I can reduce the average execution time to ~300ms and set Group_Orders=false, Max Sim Orders=8, everything else default, I can have the trading results for both demo and live accounts to be very similar to each other.

you need maximum of 8ms to use this EA

I have discovered that using Group_Orders=true, even though this would shorten the communication load between your VPS/PC and the broker server, could reduce your profits also. If you can afford ForexVPS, choose them, since you can choose either the US or the UK server AND they can tune the server for you so that the average execution time is much shorter. When you have the average execution time reduced to ~ 300ms, instead of ~1000ms, then you can still use Group_Orders=false, Max Sim Orders=8.

MDP told me to set Use_Stop_Orders and Hard_Stop_Trailing to false to take care of the huge open slip problem for the live account. I did it, but the huge slip problem persists.

But I have found that if I can reduce the average execution time to ~300ms and set Group_Orders=false, Max Sim Orders=8, everything else default, I can have the trading results for both demo and live accounts to be very similar to each other.

do you use VPS at all? who's your broker?

I use FXCBS and I have found a VPS that is very close to the FXCBS server. The VPS is Ultima Host in Nuremberg, Germany and it has a ping time of 3ms. The average exec/open/modify times are 260/237/198 ms.
There has not been any trades Monday and Tuesday and today only one set of trades so far that gave a small loss.

upload your demo statement

I use FXCBS and I have found a VPS that is very close to the FXCBS server. The VPS is Ultima Host in Nuremberg, Germany and it has a ping time of 3ms. The average exec/open/modify times are 260/237/198 ms.
There has not been any trades Monday and Tuesday and today only one set of trades so far that gave a small loss.

Back