New Zealand Official Lending Rate Trade plan is a little confusing

EVConsultants

Private
Correct me if I am wrong , but I could not digest the NZDUSD trade plan posted on the Forex Signals Section today.

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...ignals-summary-wednesday-march-12-2014-a.html

Now here's the confusion I have about the Trade Plan.

The existing Lending Rate is 2.5%

The new proposed rate is 2.75%, any Lending rate increase itself should push the market up.

Now the Spike trade plan has a 3% trigger on the up side and 2.5% trigger on the down side.

Last month Shorts opened up on NZDUSD when the Lending rate was not hiked and it stayed at 2.5%.

What is the guarantee the same will follow if the Lending rate is maintained ?

Better still aren't we looking at any move at all if the Interest rate is hiked to 2.75% ?? Considering the Rate hike has come after 3 years NZDUSD and NZDJPY should move up.

I can see that the Pair NZDUSD is almost overbought as of now and a huge move to the upside is unlikely but a 50 to 100 pip total spike up is quite possible if the Release comes at 2.75%. Next resistance is between 0.8659 to 0.8675 which is also at Monthly Resistance 2 Pivot Level.

Please Correct me If i am wrong.

What say Guys ?

Movement will depend on how solid expectations are. If the bulk of analysts are sure it's going up to 2.75%, any upspike on such a move won't be nearly as great as it would if everyone was sure it would stay at 2.5%. If there's great uncertainty about which way the rate will go, there should be some movement whether it stays at 2.5% or moves to 2.75%.

When it comes to news spikes, overbought/oversold and other technical indicators don't have much effect (if any). Those will only really kick in once the markets starts to settle down as the initial reaction fades.

Correct me if I am wrong , but I could not digest the NZDUSD trade plan posted on the Forex Signals Section today.

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...ignals-summary-wednesday-march-12-2014-a.html

The new proposed rate is 2.75%, any Lending rate increase itself should push the market up.

Now the Spike trade plan has a 3% trigger on the up side and 2.5% trigger on the down side.

Last month Shorts opened up on NZDUSD when the Lending rate was not hiked and it stayed at 2.5%.

Better still aren't we looking at any move at all if the Interest rate is hiked to 2.75% ?? Considering the Rate hike has come after 3 years NZDUSD and NZDJPY should move up.

I can see that the Pair NZDUSD is almost overbought as of now and a huge move to the upside is unlikely but a 50 to 100 pip total spike up is quite possible if the Release comes at 2.75%. Next resistance is between 0.8659 to 0.8675 which is also at Monthly Resistance 2 Pivot Level.

What say Guys ?

look at the chart as a snapshot of how the world feels about that rate at each price.Remember RBNZ 's statements before shorting began.

Ah, New Zealand. The land of Hobbitses. Having just moved out here from the UK, I can tell you guys that the pace of life is a lot slower here than in America or the UK.

What say Guys ?

Increase in lending rate not always result in a rally of national currency. If trend lacks power (because of low-impact fundamental outcome) you may not get the favourable movement, despite of obvious and clear logical conclusion.

Back