Signals Review (Dec. 13 to Dec. 18) +115 pips

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi there :)

This is Crazy Cat, with the review of the week.

This week, we were watching 9 economic indicators. 1 of them hit the triggers that I sent to you. Let's review them...

1. Thursday, Dec. 17, 04:30 am (UK Retail Sales) +115 pips (SUCCESS)

I wrote to you that if UK Retail Sales m/m comes out at 0.0 or negative, GDB/USD would probably go down by 40 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report.

Well, it actually came out at -0.3, and GBP/USD moved down by 115 pips. Please see for yourself what happened on this chart: Forex news trading currency exchange charts

I hope you were able to grab nice pips here. However, like Felix said weeks ago, but I will say it again, it's easy to calculate these pips by looking at the charts after-the-fact. And obviously, it would be completely stupid of me to expect that you made exactly +115 pips. But even if you made 10 pips, that's always good.

When it comes to placing trades in the real market, everything is completely different. These signals are just general expectations of what will happen, whether you can capitalize on them or not is another question.

I was over conservative with my triggers for Australian GDP. I actually changed my mind when I personally traded it and I actually entered a trade and made nice money. Unfortunately, it was too late to change it here in forum so it is officially a no trade. That's ok, we will have more reports to come.

Have an awesome weekend, and wait for my signals next week
-Crazy Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
Forex trading signals - where to get news reports?

I'm interested in trading based on what's expected to happen regarding economic news reports. I've seen good results reported the last several weeks. I'm wondering now how I can view these news reports as they are released. Can you suggest any websites I keep my eyes on for these reports? I would think it's important for me to get the news as soon as it is released.:D

Perhaps you've already covered this, I don't know. I'm new so I'm not sure how to find this info. Thanks for your help.

I use Forex News Calendar from this site (top menu, right). Like someone said it's one of the fastest free calendars around. Still not fast enough to place trades after news release, but enough for me for now. I use straddle technique to trade news (two waiting orders in both directions 20-30 seconds before news publication). Works very well :)

And now if you excuse me, time to trade USD/CAD. Canadian Core Retail Sales m/m is hot, like Crazy Cat said and I have 7 minutes left to set up my straddle :)

Back