Thoughts on G-20

Rambo35

Corporal
The G-20 is often criticized for existing and many compare it as nothing more than an unofficial club with no real membership requirements which therefore makes it void to many who simply don’t care what happens during the G-20 summit.

I think they are similar to the UN just with even less to say and things they discuss are simply not relevant as there is no real execution.

I think they are less powerful and influential than they think they are, but what are your thoughts? Do you care about the G-20 summit and does it have any influence on you as a trader?

G-20. Well, there are a lot of things to be said. However, my point of view is in the closest future the world will be divided into the regions instead of countries. Those regions will be more or less unified with the same life standards. The international trading will be reduced, since the regions will be able to produce almost all they require.
As for G-20, I'd say that it is mainly useless because it includes very different countries with absolutely different points of view on the existing situation. As for me it has no power at all.

This is an important time to be thinking about the future of international economic governance in general and the role of the G20 in particular. Despite the battering that trade and financial flows took during the global financial crisis, globalisation continues to tie the world's economies closely together, with the result that spillovers from things going wrong – or right – in one part of the global economy quickly have important implications for the rest of us.

G-20. Well, there are a lot of things to be said. However, my point of view is in the closest future the world will be divided into the regions instead of countries. Those regions will be more or less unified with the same life standards. The international trading will be reduced, since the regions will be able to produce almost all they require.

I agree that we may see this regional divide as you mentioned it, however I do think that trade will very much remain a big part of it as some regions will lack certain things, but have an abundance of others. Trade has always been a big part in our history for that matter and I believe it will continue to expand.

Back