• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Trade.com (Lead Capital Markets)

General discussions of a financial company
Interesting. I wonder what's the trouble. And I'd love to see some screenshots, if you've got any.

Most of the forex charts are built by bid price. If you do a short trade, your stop loss is going to be executed by ask price, which might be the root of the above trouble. That's difficult to say anythins without additional screenshots. That's true.

That would be my best guess too. I've worked long enough with trade.com to know that they actually have ok executions.

I've always wanted to ask whether you guys trade with trade.com webtrader or use MT4 for this purpose? If you tried both did you see much of the difference?

I only used webtrader so far. it seems to me that I've seen the table somewhere with trading spreads offered for different platforms and I've seen that webtrader spreads were lower than mt4 spreads that had higher minimums. The approach I use for my handtrading does not require any custom indicators to the choice was pretty obvious. I wonder though if mt can gurantee better execuitions? it seems that webplatforms can have worse latency because of the browser limitations.

Thanks for your advice. I haven’t thought about worse latency on Webtrader due to my browser restrictions. I don’t think that it would be critical for execution. However, tighter spreads on Webtrader seems to be a strong argument in favor of the latter.
I heard a lot about customized technical indicators but I’m reluctant to try them. Maybe I will try them later. As of now, I don’t need them. When I took several trading courses, only default indicators were reviewed. What’s more, I heard that indicators are mostly late no matter whether they are customized or default. So, I’m going to stick with Webtrader.

Some traders claim that they greatly benefit from the use of customized indicators, but I find it a placebo.

Your attention may be distracted if you allow it to do so. It’s pointless to blame technical indicators for this. The main thing is that a great number of people still don’t know how to use technical indicators, even default ones. There are classical clues, provided by indicators and these clues always work. For example, it’s divergence that points to a reversal.
When people are learning to use technical indicators on specialized courses, they are taught not to rely on just one indicator when making trading decisions because confirmations are required from several other indicators, but folks often ignore that crucial tip.

Back