Upcoming Signals Overview (August 8 - 12, 2011)

Stavro D'Amore

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hello FPA members,

WOW…What a busy and entertaining week we have had. We have seen the Standard & Poor's downgraded the U.S.'s credit rating to AA-plus, (Something tells me this should have occurred earlier) they are citing concerns about the US nation's growing budget deficits. We have had extreme volatility in USDJPY pair because BOJ had extremely intervened in selling the Yen. We have witnessed the steepest weekly decline in the markets since Mar. 2009, while the S&P and Nasdaq posted its biggest fall since Nov. 2008.

We are seeing Gold surging and precious metals heading north as we definitely won't see a rate rise in the US due to current economic conditions. A rate rise in my opinion would be dismal to the US economy.

We have had more depth and insight into the Euro debt crisis and the role Italy intends to play. Italy, EU Have Agreed to Reform Measures; Italy will introduce balanced budget rule in constitution, speed fiscal consolidation. The ECB could purchase Italian and Spanish bonds if Italy commits to certain reforms, therefore we could see small surges in the EUR crosses early this week.

We are seeing the US Debt crisis intertwine with the Euro problems, We have seen Asian markets drop more than 5% overall this week.

After all that exciting news we have the following sentiment releases bellow to look forward to and make some pips this week :). Please be diligent in your trading rules due to current market conditions, strict guide lines is the trading key this week and should be every week.

1. Tuesday August 9, 2011 - 4:30am EDT - UK Manufacturing Production m/m
Historical Chart & Data Rated 3 stars

2. Tuesday August 9, 2011 - 8:15am EDT - CA Housing Starts
Historical Chart & Data Rated 2 stars

3. Tuesday August 9, 2011 - 2:15PM EDT - US Federal Funds Rate
Forex News Trading | Details and History for USD Interest Rate Statement Rated 5 stars

4. Wednesday August 10, 2011 - 9:30PM EDT - AU Employment Change m/m

5. Thursday August 11, 2011 - 8:30am EDT – CA Trade Balance (I will Not be trading this report due to the conflict and current market situation I have left the history here for your research)
Historical Chart & Data Rated 4 stars

6. Thursday August 11, 2011 - 8:30am EDT - US Trade Balance (I will Not be trading this report due to the conflict and current market situation I have left the history here for your research)
Historical Chart & Data Rated 4 stars

7. Friday August 12, 2011 - 8:30am EDT – US Retail Sales m/m

This will be the primary news release that I will focus on and provide signals for you this week, please keep in mind as I can not overstress to be extremely diligent due to current economic conditions

All the best

Stavro D’Amore

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the new star-rating format for volatility potential. It still would be nice to get these on Friday in the future if possible.

I like the new star-rating format for volatility potential. It still would be nice to get these on Friday in the future if possible.

No worries, Friday is hard as time changes on certain reports, also Friday is a very Busy day in FX some times there is large reports that get released, I eventually want to get them out before Monday NY time

Back