Upcoming Signals Overview (June 13 ~ June 17, 2011)

Henry Liu

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hey Folks:

Last week we saw a general risk adverse market trend developing on the back of Bernanke's speech which indicated further quantitative easing is desired. Then on Thursday, despite Trichet confirming a July ECB rate hike, market chose to focus on the negative, which is the future of Greece. With Germany adamantly calling for private sector involvements in future Greece bailouts, Trichet and ECB's stance is just the opposite. It seems that the June 20 finance ministers meeting in EU will not end with definitive answers for the sovereign debt issues in Greece, thus market is reacting with lack of confidence to the Euro.

In Asian currency front, we saw further strengthening in the Kiwi following RBNZ Bollard's rather surprisingly positive statements... It is my view that NZDUSD may reach the 0.8500 level until we see support to the upside, thus making Kiwi perhaps one of the hottest currency to be LONG. Japanese Yen also gained strength on the back of risk aversion sentiment, however with BOJ and other central Banks looking to intervene on any "disorderly" market movements, I believe JPY will weaken in the coming weeks. AUD suffered on the back of disappointing Employment Data and stronger NZD. The AUDNZD pair has lost more than 2% since the RBNZ Rate Decision, this may be the new trend for the pair.

We'll be trading 4 news releases and here is the list:

1. Tue June 14, 2011 4:30am NY Time - UK CPI y/y
Historical Chart & Data

2. Tue June 14, 2011 8:30am NY Time - US Core Retail Sales
Historical Chart & Data

3. Wed June 15, 2011 8:30am NY Time - US Core CPI
Historical Chart & Data

4. Thu June 16, 2011 4:30am NY Time - UK Retail Sales
Historical Chart & Data

I believe the focus for next week would be the Core Retail Sales out of U.S. as consumer spending makes up 2/3 of the US GDP... a surprise positive release will most likely boost risk appetite sentiment once again,

Thanks,

henry-sig.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks,

I've updated my Google calendar with the release times above.

If you don't already have it, it gives you the following:
  1. Translates the time into your local timezone
  2. Allows you to see your personal appointments alongside when the news releases are happening
  3. And if you have a Google Calendar account - notifications to your mobile phone via SMS (for free!)

Instructions (you only need to add this once and it will appear every week)

Adding to iPhone:
  1. Send an e-mail to your iPhone with the e-mail body of "webcal://www.google.com/calendar/ical/06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics" (without the quotes and remove the extra space before the '.com')
  2. On your iPhone, open the e-mail and click on the link.
  3. When prompted "Subscribe to the calendar: 'FPA's Trading Signals'?", click "Subscribe".
  4. Open your calendar and it will say "The Calendar 'FPA's Trading Signals' has been added"
  5. Click "Done".

Adding to your own Google Calendar and setting SMS notification (see accompanying screenshots attached):
  1. Log into your Google calendar and go to "Other Calendars"
  2. Type in "06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k@group.calendar.google.com" (without the quotes and the .com should be one word - you'll need to remove the space)
  3. Now click on the drop-down for your newly added calendar "Henry Liu's Trading Signals". Click on "Calendar settings"
  4. Click on the tab "Notifications". Fill in the reminders you'd like - E-mail, SMS and Pop-up.

If you don't see "SMS" as a drop-down option, you need to configure the settings for your mobile phone in Google. Go to your "Settings" (top right) and choose "Mobile Setup" or check Google Calendar Help.

I update this calendar based on news listed in the FPA & ForexFactory calendar (up to a few months in advance) and then update every week shortly after the official FPA trading signals come out, so you should only need to add the calendar once and from there on you'll get reminders every week to help you news trade :)

Hope this helps,

Huwee.

Attachments

• Trading_Signals_Calendar_Instructions.png
    Trading_Signals_Calendar_Instructions.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 320
  • Trading_Signals_Calendar_Google_Sample.png
    Trading_Signals_Calendar_Google_Sample.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 317
  • Trading_Signals_Calendar_iPhone_Sample.png
    Trading_Signals_Calendar_iPhone_Sample.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 316