Upcoming Signals Overview (June 20 ~ June 24, 2011)

Henry Liu

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hey Folks:

This week's market was like a roller coaster ride as the on going saga with Greece dominated the entire trading arena. Speculators sold Euro on news that bailout for Greece is delayed, and bought Euro on a whiff that agreements were reached... it was a tough week to say the least, but overall I believe we are likely to have a nice strong EUR momentum ahead of us... Here's why:

1. According to the latest headlines, A bailout package in the amount of 150 Billion Euro is in the works and may be passed this Sunday.

2. Greece PM Papandreou was able to control his administration and now has the votes needed for new austerity measures.

3. ECB is still going to hike interest rate in July, so...

I believe EUR may start to normalize and pick up steam as traders shift their focus on something else... Which means EURUSD may start to move upward in a slow yet gradual manner...

Moreover, the fact that next week we'll be getting FOMC Rate Decision on Wednesday, and judging recent data, I can't really expect the Feds to be positive... So I believe EURUSD is likely to move upwards, pending on the outcome of FOMC Statement on Wednesday...

Aside from that, the next big news release will be UK's MPC Minutes, as it will be crucial for the GBP... if anyone on the MPC changed his/her votes, then expect some monumental change in GBP...

Here's what we'll be trading next week:

1. Tue June 21, 2011 - 8:30am NY Time - CA Core Retail Sales
Historical Chart & Data

2. Tue June 21, 2011 - 10:00am NY Time - US Existing Home Sales
Historical Chart & Data

3. Wed June 22, 2011 - 4:30am NY Time - UK MPC Minutes
Historical Chart & Data

4. Wed June 22, 2011 - 12:30pm NY Time - US FOMC Rate Decision
Wed June 22, 2011 - 2:15pm NY Time - US FOMC Statement

Historical Chart & Data

5. Thu June 23, 2011 - 10:00am NY Time - US New Home Sales
Historical Chart & Data

... of course we also have a few untradable releases, such as the German ZEW and US Durable Goods, because they have not been reliable market movers.

Also pay attention to all of the PMI's out of Europe on Thursday, if they show surprises to the upside, expect some more momentum in the EURUSD.

Thanks,

henry-sig.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks,

I've updated my Google calendar with the release times above.

If you don't already have it, it gives you the following:
  1. Translates the time into your local timezone
  2. Allows you to see your personal appointments alongside when the news releases are happening
  3. And if you have a Google Calendar account - notifications to your mobile phone via SMS (for free!)

Instructions (you only need to add this once and it will appear every week)

Adding to iPhone:
  1. Send an e-mail to your iPhone with the e-mail body of "webcal://www.google.com/calendar/ical/06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics" (without the quotes and remove the extra space before the '.com')
  2. On your iPhone, open the e-mail and click on the link.
  3. When prompted "Subscribe to the calendar: 'FPA's Trading Signals'?", click "Subscribe".
  4. Open your calendar and it will say "The Calendar 'FPA's Trading Signals' has been added"
  5. Click "Done".

Adding to your own Google Calendar and setting SMS notification (see accompanying screenshots attached):
  1. Log into your Google calendar and go to "Other Calendars"
  2. Type in "06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k@group.calendar.google.com" (without the quotes and the .com should be one word - you'll need to remove the space)
  3. Now click on the drop-down for your newly added calendar "Henry Liu's Trading Signals". Click on "Calendar settings"
  4. Click on the tab "Notifications". Fill in the reminders you'd like - E-mail, SMS and Pop-up.

If you don't see "SMS" as a drop-down option, you need to configure the settings for your mobile phone in Google. Go to your "Settings" (top right) and choose "Mobile Setup" or check Google Calendar Help.

I update this calendar based on news listed in the FPA & ForexFactory calendar (up to a few months in advance) and then update every week shortly after the official FPA trading signals come out, so you should only need to add the calendar once and from there on you'll get reminders every week to help you news trade :)

Hope this helps,

Huwee.

Attachments

• Trading_Signals_Calendar_Instructions.jpg
    Trading_Signals_Calendar_Instructions.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Trading_Signals_Calendar_Google_Sample.jpg
    Trading_Signals_Calendar_Google_Sample.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Trading_Signals_Calendar_iPhone_Sample.jpg
    Trading_Signals_Calendar_iPhone_Sample.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 2