USD/JPY Daily Video, October 02, 2014

Sive Morten

Special Consultant to the FPA
Good morning,

Near perfect DRPO "Sell" on daily Yen:

The technical portion of Sive's analysis owes a great deal to Joe DiNapoli's methods, and uses a number of Joe's proprietary indicators. Please note that Sive's analysis is his own view of the market and is not endorsed by Joe DiNapoli or any related companies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning, Sive , and thx a lot for this explanations . You are putting all into context, starting with the big picture and than providing an outlook of what possibly could develop . Personally I find USDJPY so exiting to trade now, as again it has potential to be a trade which could last for several days . No rush needed , no screen time needed .... control status of position twice a day is sufficient . "Anybody" has a chance to do such trades . My personal opportunity : improve my patience and not try to enter markets too early . :cool: Very curious to your two studies of today ... KB

Well .... USD getting very strong and Yippy gets close to it´s HH ..... SL at 110,50 .... lets see KB

servus kleinerbroker!
a SL of 110,50 brings the risk of wash&rinse, so usd/jpy goes to 110,15 or 110,20 and then jump back down 300 pips;
but what I am interested in is what#s the opinion of Sive;
it's obvious that usd/jpy runs back too high for B&B; but what to do or how to jump in if currency fall back down;
now is it a DBRPO look alike or has former DBRPO pattern failed, because it came back beyond the 61,8 Retr.?
is the trend too strong cause of the Draghi/EZB decisions?
who knows, right?
whats your opinion;

greetings to Sive also!
Erich

servus kleinerbroker!
a SL of 110,50 brings the risk of wash&rinse, so usd/jpy goes to 110,15 or 110,20 and then jump back down 300 pips;
but what I am interested in is what#s the opinion of Sive;
it's obvious that usd/jpy runs back too high for B&B; but what to do or how to jump in if currency fall back down;
now is it a DBRPO look alike or has former DBRPO pattern failed, because it came back beyond the 61,8 Retr.?
is the trend too strong cause of the Draghi/EZB decisions?
who knows, right?
whats your opinion;

greetings to Sive also!
Erich

Hi Erich,
in this case I think that we should not stick with this DRPO. Reversal could happen, say, due some intraday pattern. (DRPO is just on of them). If you still want to enter short - wait for this pattern. May be it will be butterfly or double top on hourly chart...

Hi Erich,
in this case I think that we should not stick with this DRPO. Reversal could happen, say, due some intraday pattern. (DRPO is just on of them). If you still want to enter short - wait for this pattern. May be it will be butterfly or double top on hourly chart...

thank you Sive for your advice!

It would be very nice and appreciated if you could make an analysis for USD/JPY for tomorrow. Would you?
I missed the development of currencies of the last six hours; retracements on all major pairs are going on and trends are very strong now;
the question is, will USD/JPY form a butterfly sell? but where to sell? 127 ext. in the direction of 111?
who knows, except Sive? :)
greetings, Erich

Back