Plus500.com Review Visit site

Updated: Feb 20, 2020
February 2016:  There is an FPA Traders Court vote against Plus500.  Unless this issue is resolved, the FPA recommends a very high level of caution dealing with Plus500.

October 2012:  Plus500 fined over 200,000 GBP by the FSA

FSA Penalty Details

Other websites of this company include www.plus500.co.il

About Plus500.com

Plus500 is a forex broker. Plus 500 offers the Mobile and WebTrader trading currency platforms. Plus500.com offers currency pairs, cryptocurrencies, gold, silver, stocks, options, commodities and cfds for your personal investment and trading options.

Plus500.com

Minimum Trade Size:0.01
Maximum Leverage:30:1
Minimum to Open Live:$100
Established:2008
Address:Building 25 Matam, Haifa, 319160, Israel
Contact:support@plus500.com, +972 4-689-2154
Regulators: CySEC #250/14, FMA #486026, MAS #CMS100648-1, FSCA #47546, FCA #FRN 509909
Trading platforms:Plus500

Join live discussion of Plus500.com on our forum

Portsmouth, United Kingdom,
Feb 10, 2020,

Price fixing

Price Fixing. Plus 500 will alter the market price of an instrument in their favour . the will keep the price of an instrument 5 - 10 cents below the market value so profits are not hit and stop losses are hit easier. Ive had a very interesting conversation with support who just wont give a straight answer .

Reply by Plus500 submitted Feb 13, 2020:
Hi Chris and thank you for your valuable feedback.

Be informed that Plus500 quotes prices with reference to the price of the relevant underlying financial instrument and its spread.

For any given financial instrument Plus500 will quote two prices: the higher price (ASK) at which the Client can buy (long) that financial instrument, and the lower price (BID) at which the Client can sell (short) it. Plus500’s prices can be found on our website or trading platforms.

This price is obtained from a range of independent third party reference sources, various nominated independent financial market data providers, who source their price feeds from relevant exchanges.

Plus500 offers a fixed or dynamic spread for its instruments. The calculation of the Spread can be conducted by subtracting the sell price from the buy price of the instrument. The Dynamic Spread can change during the period of which your position is open, whereas the fixed spread remains unchanged at all times.

In addition, please note that a part of our instruments (most commodities and indices) are future based contracts, thus the rates indicated on our platform are derived from the price of the futures contract and not the Spot Price of the underlying instrument.

You can see the information regarding the spread and a future contract in the “Details” link next to the instrument’s name on the far right hand side in the main screen of the platform.

Should you require further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Social Media Team
Jan 1, 2020,

Sports direct for trading

its cheap, cheerful and simple but if you ever want to go an extra yard, you wont find it there. I used plus 500 as my first broker out of university because most of the students in my finance club were using them. But as soon as I wanted to develop my trading i.e. analysis, news, fundamentals, they are so limited. Plus dont ever expect to speak to anyone there be it customer service, account managers or trading, you can never get them on the phone. They are mostly automated or email/chat only. So all in all, they are great t start with but if you are serious about trading, its best to find a more professional platform.

BOGOTA, Colombia,
Dec 25, 2019,

PLUS 500 ES UN BROKER TRAMPOSO Y ESTAFADOR

In September pf 2019 I opened an account in Plus 500, I started trading, and on November I began to have suspicions because the operations that had more profits were invested in me, and thus I always lost and my account seems closer to finishing. I made the claim to the supposed technical support, they compensated me $ 30 and the problems continued, I complained again and the answer is the same everything is fine. PLEASE DON'T FALL INTO THESE TRAPS. DON'T SAY I DON'T WARN YOU.

En Septiembre 2019 abrí una cuenta en Plus 500, comense a operar, y el me de Noviembre comencé a tener sospechas porque las operaciones que tenia mas ganancias se me invertían, y pues así siempre perdía y mi cuenta da ves mas cerca de acabarse. Hice el reclamo al supuesto soporte técnico, me compensaron $30 y los problemas siguieron, volví a reclamar y la respuesta es la misma todo esta bien.

ASÍ QUE NI SE LES OCURRA CAER EN ESTAS TRAMPAS.

DESPUÉS NO DIGAN QUE NO LES ADVIERTO.

Oct 16, 2019 - 1 Star ABRI UNA CUENTA CON PLUS 500 EN MES SEPTIEMBRE 2019 Y DESPUES DE OPERAR 15 DIAS ME DI CUENTA QUE SIEMPRE QUE IBA GANANDO BUENAS UTILIDADES SE ME INVERTIA EL CIERRE CON LA APERTURA, Y PUES ASI SE PIERDE, HICE EL RECLAMO POR CHAT, ENVIE FOTOS Y EXPLICACION DE LA SITUACION Y HASTA LA FECHA TAN SOLO ME HAN REINTEGRADO 33 MIL PESOS . EL PROBLEMAS ES QUE FUERON MAS CASOS Y NO ME HAN RESUELTO Y MENOS ME HAN VUELTO A CONTESTAR. ASI ES MUY DIFICIL , LO MAS SEGURO ES QUE SE PIERDA. ES MAS LOS SPREAD SON MAS GRANDES QUE LOS DEMAS BROKERS.

I OPENED AN ACCOUNT WITH PLUS 500 IN MONTH SEPTEMBER 2019 AND AFTER OPERATING 15 DAYS I realized that I was always earning good profits. EXPLANATION OF THE SITUATION AND UP TO DATE SO ONLY 33 THOUSAND PESOS HAVE BEEN REFUNDED. THE PROBLEMS ARE THAT THEY WERE MORE CASES AND HAVE NOT BEEN SOLVED AND LESS HAVE BEEN REPLACED TO ME. THIS IS VERY DIFFICULT, THE SECURE IS MISSED. THE SPREAD IS MORE BIGGER THAN THE OTHER BROKERS.

Reply by Plus500 submitted Oct 18, 2019 Hello and thank you for your feedback.

We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with our procedure. Please, be sure that we strive to improve our services and provide you with the best experience possible.

We recommend you to contact our Support team once again in case you have specific suggestions and they will gladly assist in any matter.

Reply by Plus500 submitted Jan 2, 2020:
Hello,

Thank you for submitting your feedback.

As you are already aware CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

Although with the above, we recommend that you should be aware of the progress of your positions all the time. The market volatility could change at any time and positions that are on profit could turn in loss and vice-versa. At your disposal, you have tools in our platform that could manage the risk and that could bring more control in your trading activity.

If you want to know more about them and how to use them you are most welcome to contact our Support team and they will gladly assist in anything. https://www.plus500.com/Help/ContactUs

Brasov, Romania,
Dec 23, 2019,

Looks like nothing changed

I had an account with them years ago, but as I read the last reviews of them, look like nothing changed. Still not a good company to make money. Back then they had a $50 welcome bonus. I guess they could do that only if they know clients will finally lose it anyway.

Reply by Plus500 submitted Jan 2, 2020:
Hello,

We have managed to make a lot of updates on our platform so now our clients could enjoy even more the trading with CFDs and all the available features in the platform which helps to improve their technical and analytical skills.

You are most welcome to try the Demo mode and see the difference before/after. If you find enjoyable the platform and the way it works, you can register your account and trade with us at any time.

If you need any help please contact our Support team and they will gladly assist you in anything. https://www.plus500.com/Help/ContactUs

UK, United Kingdom,
Nov 30, 2019,

Completely rubbish and Very bad customer Service witch one is ignoring your complain... If you want lost money they Will help you Very well.

Reply by Plus500 submitted Dec 13, 2019:
Hello and thank you for the provided feedback, it is really important for us. We are sorry that you hadn't an agreeable experience with our Customer Support team, and we assure you that we will take action on it if you provide us with more information regarding the case.

We do acknowledge the emails/complaints from our customers on time as we aim to provide the best possible service for you, so it shouldn't happen what you mentioned in your comment, and we kindly ask you to double-check your inbox or to get in touch with us in order to solve your case.

Thank you in advance for the collaboration and understanding.

Niels,
The netherlands, Netherlands,
Nov 5, 2019,

Not a fair company. Making money of poor knowlegd people.

This is a total scam. They make money when people lose. For example: when you put 5000 euros on your account and want to buy something. The positions opens at 4000 euro and you keep 1000 euros as "safe". The stock goes down for 5% and you will lose morgen than you got behind it. So they sell it automatically. Happend to me many times. The stocks are not accurate and sometimes not even up to date or right. DONT USE THIS PLATFORM YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. THEY ONLY MAKE MONEY WHEN YOU LOSE IT. Thats is their bussines. And to make sure no one is going to do something about it they hide in Cyprus. When reporting a complaind they advise to contact te cypres ombudsman. This is of course unpossible because of the langauge barrier. DONT TRADE AT PLUS500
Reply by Plus500 submitted Dec 12, 2019:
Hi Niels, and thank you for your valuable feedback.

CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money. Trading will not always be profitable and can result in the loss of your entire trading account balance (capital and profits).

While with Plus500 you cannot lose more than your entire trading account balance, please ensure that you only invest money that you can afford to lose, in case of unfavorable results.

Moreover, if you now feel that trading CFDs is no longer suitable for you or you have concerns regarding your trading activity and would prefer us to close your account, please let us know as soon as possible.

If you require any further assistance, please feel free to contact us at https://www.plus500.com/Help/ContactUs

Nitin prabhat,
Muscat, Oman,
Sep 4, 2019,

Avoid at all costs

Do not trade with Plus500, the moment you start making money they will freeze your account claiming that your docum are not verified. It will take you months to try to verify your account because of their 0 client supports and in the end you will loose your money.
Plus500 are just a bunch of thieves

Reply by Plus500 submitted Sep 5, 2019:
Hello.

Firstly we are very sorry to hear you feel this way.

Please bear in mind that it is highly important for Plus500 to verify your personal details. This is in order to protect both you and us from fraud as well as guard your privacy.

As well, in trading you can profit as well as lose your funds. Trading involves risks and therefore requires skills, knowledge and understanding.

Since we are unable to locate your account based on the information you provided here, you are welcome to contact our support team and we can assure you we will further assist.

Chris,
Cheltenham, United Kingdom,
Aug 22, 2019,

It's true what people say here

Plus500 is a scam. I've been trading currencies for like 15 years and I think I know what I'm doing, yet..

Made 2 open trades 2 weeks ago with close at profit of 20 pips. As I know this market well, I just sat and waited to get a lot of profit in around a week.

Literally 20 hours after opening trades, both trades were closed. My maintenance balance was well over 10k, as I only used half the money I had on both trades.

Ended up with a loss. I will just claim fraud with my bank as this is the most effective way of flagging those p****s. I'm also in a process of reporting Plus500 to the police. I'll surely take it further because I can.

Steer away from Plus500 and find another broker, unless you really want to lose your money!
Reply by Plus500 submitted Aug 26, 2019:
Hello.

Firstly, sorry to hear this is your experience.

Please note that Plus500 is a fully regulated worldwide trading company.
You are welcome read more on it here -> https://www.plus500.com/FAQ/Regulators.

As well, Trading will not always be profitable and can result in the loss of your entire trading account balance. Trading involves risks and therefore requires skills, knowledge and understanding.

Since we are unable to locate your account based on the information you provided here, you are highly advised to contact our support team and we can assure they will review your query in the most professional way. http://www.plus500.com/Help/ContactUs.aspx .

amsterdam, Netherlands,
Aug 3, 2019,

not able to withdraw profit

It is very easy to deposit and verification is very fast.

But once you make profit.
They ask verification after verification. Suddenly the verification that passed is not good enough. They keep asking for other documents and things that don't exist.

STAY AWAY. THIS BROKER SHOULD HAVE BEEN MARKED AS SCAMMERS A WHILE AGO.
ALL THE REVIEWS ON THIS WEBSITE ARE THE TRUTH!

Reply by Plus500 submitted Aug 7, 2019:
Hello,

Firstly, Plus500 is a fully regulated CFD trading company as you can read in our website: https://www.plus500.com/FAQ/Regulators

As well, it is highly important for Plus500 to verify your personal details.

In order for you to thoroughly review the mentioned, you are highly recommended to contact our support team in the following link -> http://www.plus500.com/Help/ContactUs.aspx

Regards.
Greater Poland, Poland,
Jul 30, 2019,

2 years

Stay away from Plus500 - its a total scam. Carefully review Uset agreement so you will come to final conclussion that they can do with your money whatever they want, I mean wave, cancel your balance, steal your money basing on tricky clauses.
Do not try to trade options as they will charge you using hedging strategies - but they can do so as its written in theur 2018 financial statements. Do not try to open and close trades straight away as they will call you a scalper and will steal your money - but if they do so its fine - same is written in 2018 financial statements.
I've been using this platform for more than 1,5 year and it was ok as far as I have not been earning mouch money and account balance was around 5.000 EUR.
But when I grew my account was closed, monies stolen end of story - 31.000 EUR lost.

Reply by Plus500 submitted Aug 7, 2019:
Hello.

Please bear in mind that Plus500 is a fully regulated CFD trading company as you can read in our website and online - https://www.plus500.com/FAQ/Regulators.

Our customers are eligible to open withdrawal requests for their available funds at any time.

In case you have encountered any difficulties regarding your withdrawal request, balance or positions, and since we are unable to locate your account based on the information you provided here , you are kindly being advised to contact our Support team (http://www.plus500.com/Help/ContactUs.aspx)

We can assure you our team will provide you with the most professional service.

Regards.