Plus500 Review

Updated: Oct 9, 2020 · Plus500.com  · Is this your company?

Plus500 is a CFD broker. Plus 500 offers the Mobile and WebTrader trading currency platforms. Traders with Plus500 accounts can trade CFDs on underlying financial instruments such as currency pairs, cryptocurrencies, gold, silver, stocks, commodities, options and indices.

Plus500
2017-04-19: The Belgian FSMA ordered the shutdown of plus500.be and for all branches of Plus500 to stop providing services to clients in Belgium.  CLICK HERE to confirm.
February 2016:  There is an FPA Traders Court vote against Plus500.  Unless this issue is resolved, the FPA recommends a very high level of caution dealing with Plus500.

October 2012:  Plus500 fined over 200,000 GBP by the FSA

FSA Penalty Details

Other websites of this company include www.plus500.co.il

Established: 2008
Address: Building 25 Matam, Haifa, 319160, Israel
Contact: support@plus500.com, +972 4-689-2154
Regulators: ASIC #417727, CySEC #250/14, FSA-S #SD039, MAS #CMS100648-1, FSCA #47546, FCA #FRN 509909
Trading platforms: Plus500
CFD: (20+) Gold, Silver, Other Precious Metals, Stocks, Oil, Other Commodities
Deposit Methods: VISA, MasterCard, Local Bank Transfers, PayPal, Skrill
Withdrawal Methods: VISA, MasterCard, Local Bank Transfers, PayPal, Skrill

Join live discussion of Plus500.com on our forum

Keiron West,
Bauska, Latvia,
Mar 18, 2016,

I withdrew money on the 3rd March 2016, it is now the 18th March 2016 and I am still waiting, they will tell you to contact plus500 customer service, but I can tell you that is pointless, they work off a script and they do not respond in any sensible time, 1 week and I am still waiting for them to tell me what has happened to my money. I have another big withdrawal from the 15th March 2016 but I doubt I will see that money either, just a bunch of thieves with pretend customer service, better to get in contact with the financial regulation service according to what people who work from other CFD and Forex companies, they are well known for not paying. they took my money within seconds of depositing it but refuse to give what I earned. nothing but thieves, I am completely approved and verified so there is no reason to not deposit my funds into my bank account.

Hello Keiron,
We have located your correspondence with our support team in this matter and as far as we could understand, You have declared that the issue was resolved.
Should this actually be the outcome, we would be delighted if you reconsider your rating as well.
For any clarification or assistance, please feel free to contact our most dedicated team of supporters - http://www.plus500.com/Help/ContactUs.aspx
RS,
Lisbon, Portugal,
Mar 15, 2016,

I´ve made a profit of €2164.15 from various days and positions in less than a month. When i try to withdrawl €3665 they took a week to tell me - "The term “Scalping” is defined in the Client User Agreement as “a trading method based on the notion that the Client opens a number of positions and closes them in a very short time (within two (2) minutes limit) in order to accumulate quick profits from small price changes”. and "Any profits made by scalping activity were made void. This is what happened on your trading account balance. The amount of your scalping profits in the sum of 975.75 € was deducted from your trading account." So they put back €2669.40 and yesterday i made a withdrawl of €2669. Until now they didn´t aprove my withdrawl, disabled chat, and dont reply back on support page zendesk. I posted this here after reading many of the complaints here and ather sites. I think this have to be REALY REGULATED. On casinos, sportexchanges, sportbrokers, there is a tight regulation, how come in financial products, things like this happen? Its beyond imaginable. I would like to know how can i solve this issue. Thank you.

Hello RS,
Please consider that our terms and conditions are stated in all relevant information sources, such as our website.
We can see that the matter you are referring to is currently being handled by our most dedicated senior staff and you will receive a reply within the relevant correspondence.
Feel free to update us in case you will need more information or have an unresolved matter.
We will gladly assist.
Tony,
Lucca, Italy,
Feb 23, 2016,

They not paying my money, i deposited $500 to test them and after making something around $900 i tried to withdrow $700 just after i sent the request they blocked everything, and telling me i did wrong trades bla bla, they not telling me what are these wrong trades and i used their platform and used their prices. Cyprus need to take action aginst this scam company asap.

Hello Tony,
Note that our terms and conditions are stated in all the relevant information sources, such as our website.
In case you have been informed regarding any abusive use of our trading platform, you are more the welcome to contact our support team for more insights in this matter.They will gladly assist.
Hamza,
Sussex, United Kingdom,
Feb 22, 2016,

I opened an account for 1 week and I had two margin calls they took all my money two times, and after that they stole £900 from my account without reason and now they are trying to think of something each time they change the reason of why they took it. Never invest any money in plus 500. The stop losses don't even work!

Hello Hamza,
Checking the issue, we can see that it was already reviewed and handled by our senior staff and after their last reply, you have not contacted us again.
In case you have any further questions or be in need for further clarifications, feel free to contact our support team http://www.plus500.com/Help/ContactUs.aspx
and they will gladly assist you.
Graham,
Dundee, United Kingdom,
Feb 8, 2016,

DO NOT GO NEAR THIS BUCKETSHOP PLUS500....I HAD THREE SMALL TRADES RUNNING WITH THREE BROKERS . TWO BROKERS CLOSED MY TRADES AT STOP LOSS. PLUS 500 CLOSED MY POSITION 103 PIPS LOWER. THEY EXPLAINED THEY COULD NOT CLOSE MY TRADE AT MY STOP LOSS. TINY TRADE AND IT WAS EUR/USD, THE MOST LIQUID PAIR.. THEIR REGULATOR IS LOOKING INTO IT......STAY AWAY FROM PLUS 500

Hello Graham,
As we can see, the matter you are referring to was already reviewed and handled by our senior staff.
Unfortunately, we have nothing more to add, then the information that was provided to you within the correspondence.
Should you have any questions in this matter or be in need for assistance regarding our trading platform, feel free to contact our support team http://www.plus500.com/Help/ContactUs.aspx
Jegor,
Tartu, Estonia,
Jan 17, 2016,

Hello.
I opened account with Plus500 couple weeks ago, they gave me free 25 euro bonus. So i started trading with that money and week later i earned 800 euro. So i sent to them my ID and bill and after 5 minutes they verified my account. Then i decide to withdraw 400 euro to my personal bank account, but after i did that, next day they closed my account. They said that i already have account with them and i was not eligible for a 25 euro bonus and my account will remain closed. The problem is that this is my first account and i had never traded before in my life. I don't know what to do and i feel totally scammed. They don't answer me, i asked them if you want take your 25 euro bonus back, but give me my honestly earned 775 euro. Plus500 just answered your account will remain closed and i have to trade on my another account, but i have only one account which they closed.
People please be very careful with them, they can just close your account if you are too successful with your real deposited money and you will never see them again. I'am very happy that i didn't deposit my own money.
Plus500 scammers

Reply by Plus500 submitted Nov 13, 2016:
Hello,
Please note that our bonus offer, as stated on our website, is limited to only one account per "household".
Read more about it in our help pages - www.plus500.com/Promotions/Bonus
Also have you reached out to our most dedicated support team for further information regarding this matter?
We are sure that they will be able to provide with a detailed and personalized reply and change your opinion on us.
www.plus500.com/Help/ContactUs.aspx
Regards Plus500
pieter vogel,
gent, Belgium,
Oct 15, 2015,

Issue escalated to Traders Court pieter vogel vs plus500.com | RESOLVED
The FPA is pleased to announce that this issue has been resolved.

bad broker, blocks account if you make big profit.
I have made withdrawal and it's still open after 9 days. No answers from plus500..

Matt Diamond,
France, France,
Aug 10, 2015,

My account is "restricted" since May.
It's been 4 months and I can't trade with the money I deposited,

and I can't withdraw. WTF This is BULL**** i'm telling you. F*** plus500, they can die in hell.

Hope they like the money they've stolen to me and to other people.

Their stupid Cysec is only an association,
and only putting plus500 to court can make me get back my money...

Review Moderation Team Note: Cysec appears to belong to the Cyprus government. There is also a Cyprus Financial Ombudsman which can take complaints.

tonyg,
singgapore, Singapore,
Jul 19, 2015,

After waiting for more than 4 months, I still could not withdraw my account balance

Sam,
Paris, France,
Jul 18, 2015,

Well, i was happy until i saw their platform is not working. I put 6000 euros + in my account and they blocked everything. To explain why i 'm angry please check these 2 picture which are from the same day :
http://hpics.li/c486f55 and http://hpics.li/f7f2103 - they apologize to me and offered me 1000 compensation which i declined

Lucrecia,
Rome, Italy,
Jul 14, 2015,

L' account "nenetrade " è stato da plus500 dichiarato è verificato conforme alla nuova normativa antiriciclaggio ed attivo ma il saldo di oltre 35k presente sul conto è sparito. Sempre disponibile a documentare quanto detto
The 'account' nenetrade 'was declared by plus500 occurred it complies with the new legislation against money laundering and active but the balance of over 35k in your account is gone. Always available to document what was said

Lucrecia Ortiz,
Rome, Italy,
Jul 13, 2015,

The account 'nenetrade' was declared by plus500 occurred it complies with the new legislation against money laundering and active but the balance of over 30k in your account is gone. This platform is the much-hyped? Each of the readers his conclusions. Always available to document the above, available with tips and suggestions to solve this age-old story that goes on for months.

Ossi Partanen,
Espoo, Finland,
Jul 9, 2015,

Hey all,

I made 2000€ withdrawal on 10 Jun 2015 and after one month and tens of emails they - so far - never gave me my money.

Very lousy customer support - no live chat - no telephone numbers.

When using email (presumably a robot) sends a reply in seconds telling that :
"Please note that we are currently experiencing a larger workload than usual and it will take us longer to respond your query" .
After this it might take weeks to get a mail from actual cust. support member ..

M_racer,
, Italy,
Jun 7, 2015,

stay away with this site, its a scam!!! the dont want to withdraw your money.
sorry for english

Felix W.,
Berlin, Germany,
May 20, 2015,

Plus500 does not really have a good reputation because of the way it treats clients. Bot now if you guys have been following the news, plus500 froze some 55% of it customer accounts and is paying dearly by falling stocks. Just though I share the news before someone decided to join plus500.

Haas FXTrader88.TK,
May 18, 2015,

I knew something was wrong with this broker. My account now has made triple the profit from the bonus amount they gave. And when i tried to verify my account, they keep rejecting it giving stupid reasons like the picture is not clear or there is no expiry date to my CITIZEN National ID card. There is no expiry to my National ID in Singapore and i have not been having problems verifying myself to other brokers!

STAY AWAY FROM THIS BROKER. No Joke, WORST BROKER, c****y trading software.

STAY AWAY! I will blog about this broker, i will make sure it is well shared outside FPA and intro people to FPA to look at this review.

SHUT THEM OUT!

Carina Chan,
, Singapore,
Apr 30, 2015,

I have had experience trading Commodities and Futures in Singapore and was drawn to Plus500 due to the leverage. I had no problems whatsoever with my trading strategy at other platforms. Registration was simple and I verified my documents.

Subsequently, I made profits with a total balance in my account amounting SGD$73,187.34. Initial investment was SGD$10,000 with a SGD$330 bonus. My account was limited due to scalping activity and my withdrawals capped at the initial investment made. I have recently read about several such similar cases as I was worried about recovering my money.

Firstly, refunding me the initial cost still results in a loss for me due to exchange rates and charges incurred by third parties such as Skrill for the refund. Secondly, I took on a substantial amount of risk in order to achieve such a profit. As with every investment, the greater the risk, the higher the reward.

Mike,
, Switzerland,
Apr 26, 2015,

they are the worst sh** I never ever seen !

are scammers ! with license of regulators to steal !

already worked with about 10 brokers and never happened to me what happened with this sh** !

Plus500 breaking the regulator rules . Do not close margin call even after your account balance minus get .

When that result to losses , Plus500 is stealing money from clients to cover them! They take from my waiting withdraw money

if you are losing money all goes well .

when you earn money and want transfer it for your Bank account , the problems begin. you never see your profits.

HS,
, Cyprus,
Mar 26, 2015,

Be aware!

- Closed my position in MINUS
- Canceled my withdraw without permission in order to cover the Minus
- Postponing withdraw more than 5 days.
- Abnormal expensive swap/overnight premium
- Poor quality of costumer support

Alex,
, Australia,
Feb 27, 2015,

I requested to withdraw my initial deposit of $5000, five days ago still haven't received any response.
Two days before I emailed them two times regarding a question that I had, still no response from customer service.
No live chat, no phone number.
I am very disappointed with Plus500.

Dean Wegemans,
Amsterdam, Netherlands,
Jan 18, 2015,

To be avoided at all costs. Suspected of manipulating their graphics for their own benefit. Big wins are being blocked by system failures. It is in fact a Israelian software company not a financial organisation banned from Belize and Cyprus.

huang yuanjiang,
brussel, Belgium,
Dec 12, 2014,

my story: I put 800 euro with a card prepaid of Bpost in my account at plus500, but when i ask withdraw 400 euro to my bank account,they refuse it,saying the card prepaid with no my name.i give them the offiel contrat with my namemy id numbermy addres...always no.what a fu*k logic.just like a banker say no to his client who want to get back money by saying "the notes you gave me last week are not printed your name"....
ps.plus500 without hot-linewithout structure of companywithout CEO introduction without licence number........just a FCA renference. i've been their SG in London,nobody meet me.and someone in the building told me "they are only half dozen here.it's a isreal firm".........
byebye my 800 euro!!!

the day the price of oil krached in US,i have more than 600 euro profit with 2 open position of ~ 100 euro. but plus500 locked the buton "close".i have no choice befor go to bed besides the "stop loss" minimium.......next morning,i saw my gain became to.....~50euro?

Leroy,
, Hong Kong,
Nov 15, 2014,

i get profit from HKD 10000 to now HKD 2.4M but they don't let me withdraw and send me the scalping warning.But the important thing is they don't define what is scalping accurately.i have sent a email to them to ask how short timed postion be defined as scalping , their reply is judging scalping not using time frame standard, using methodlogical as the standard,which is meaning what trading problem they say is right, nothing can be complied with their user agreement.

Justme,
Jun 17, 2014,

Despite this Broker getting negative reviews all over the internet, they managed to get to a $1billion valuation and launched an IPO in London!!!

Bruce,
ontario, Canada,
May 5, 2014,

Horrible!...no phone....claim to have online chat support, they don't...email only...takes 24 hrs to get reply when something is wrong...they are an Israeli group operating out of London...they allow you to deposit via credit card and then won't allow you to withdraw funds after you have supplied all the initial documentation they request when opening the account.

GRAB YOUR MONEY AND RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN AWAY FROM THIS BROKER...THEY AREN'T WHO THEY PROJECT THEMSELVES TO BE.