AvaTrade Review

AvaFx.com

Updated: Aug 3, 2020 · AvaTrade.com  · Is this your company?

AvaTrade is a forex broker. Ava Trade offers the MT4 and MT5 trading currency platforms. AvaTrade.com offers over 50 currency pairs, cryptocurrencies, gold, silver, stocks, indices, commodities and cfds for your personal investment and trading options.

AvaTrade
June 2020:  An AvaTrade employee has told the FPA that "we are one of 3000 companies to use the same IP."  The FPA wonders about the security of sensitive client personal and financial information with so many offices of so many companies sharing the same IP address.
Summer 2018:  The FPA asks ALL AvaTrade reviewers  to please include their account number in their review.

If you submit a review and it is not approved within 5 business days, please CLICK HERE, read the message, and fill out the form if necessary.  EVERY person who submits information from the form will get a reply from the FPA.

September 2013:   AvaTrade has not been able to provide the FPA with information about how the company can tell what is a normal off-market fill vs. what is arbitrage.

Until this issue is resolved, the FPA recommends against using Forex News Gun software or any other news trading software with AvaTrade.com.

Other websites of this company include AvaTrade.co.za.

Established: 2006
Address: Five Lamps Place, 77-80 Amiens Street, Dublin 1, DO1A742, Dublin, Ireland
Contact: cs@avatrade.com, 353 766803327
Regulators: ASIC #406684, CBI #C53877, FFAJ #1574, FSA #1662, FSCA #45984, AD-FSRA #190018, BVI FSC #
Trading platforms: MT4, MT5, WebTrader, AvaOptions, AvaTradeGO, DupliTrade
CFD: (500+) Gold, Silver, Stocks, Stock Indexes, Bonds, Oil, Other Commodities
ZuluTrade: Yes
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Boleto, DinPay, FasaPay, gCard, Neteller, PaySec, SafeCharge, Skrill, VoguePay, WebMoney
Withdrawal Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Boleto, DinPay, FasaPay, gCard, Neteller, PaySec, SafeCharge, Skrill, Tranzila, UnionPay, VeriTrans, VoguePay, WebMoney

Join live discussion of AvaTrade.com on our forum

AvaTrade.com profile provided by AvaTrade CCare, Apr 13, 2020

AvaTrade is an award-winning online broker offering Contracts for Difference (CFDs) on Commodities, Stocks, Indices, Cryptocurrencies and more. The company is regulated across 6 jurisdictions with a global clientele in over 150 countries.

Shahram,
Montreal, Canada,
Apr 22, 2020,

Awful customer service

They never answer you at proper time. They never read your email and only replay you an old email. It is better to find a better broker.

Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Apr 23, 2020:
Dear Shahram,

We kindly request you to provide us with your customer service reference number if you have one please; failing this, you may provide your trading account number and registered email by contacting us directly via our Live Chat function from our website or by emailing us at cs@avatrade.com; this will enable us to establish whether you are indeed a client of AvaTrade.

We can then, of course, respond and assist, accurately, within our capacity to do so.

Madrid, Spain,
Apr 22, 2020,

Technical errors and money disappeared from my account

Yesterday, 21st of April, I created an account with AvaTrade and I deposited $1000. I followed up by opening a position, wich eventually goto to a $3000 profit, and this is when I encountered the first issue. I was unable to close the position no matter how many times I tried. When I finally closed the position, the profit was $1590, so I lost money due to server delay or another technical issue. The money reflected into MyAva, a total of $2590. Shortly after, the system kicked me out from the platform and I was unable to log in for about 40-45 minutes.
When I managed to finally log in, the account's equity was $0, the position was closed and did NOT reflect in the MT4 history. Today, 22nd of April, the position is finally shown in the MT4 history, and it is reflected as a negative order. The account was not even margin called as it should have been.
Visual proof are available to prove everything said above. If the issue is not resolver quickly, I will take further action by concacting AvaTrades's Regulators, and/or take legal action
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Apr 23, 2020:
Dear Ignacio,

In order for us to assist we kindly ask you to contact us directly by emailing us at cs@avatrade.com or via Live Chat from our website providing us with the details you mention here, along with your registered email address and any supporting details you have; and we will of course check for you.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Quebec, Canada,
Apr 21, 2020,

Unable to withdraw 390 USD, no answer

I hate doing this, but it came to a point where I do not trust Avatrade anymore, they are not telling the truth and I’m worry that I won’t get my money back.

Here are what happened:

On April 6th I made several requests to withdraw by credit card which went well, I received my money two days later. On that day, I had to request a withdrawal by bank wire of 390 USD, the remaining amount, since I already withdrew the maximum amount with my credit card. For some unknown reasons Avatrade doesn’t allow users to withdraw funds greater than the amount invested by credit card.

Each time I make the request on the platform I get an error ''something went wrong'', as if my account was blocked on purpose. I tried on multiple browsers, on different computers/mobile, the same problem occurs. I even verified with a friend of mine who also has a Avatrade account to see if he had the same error as me and he told me that everything was fine on his hand.

Between now and April 6Th, I called Avatrade Customer service 22 times and talked to only 3 different agents about this problem. These days it's nearly impossible to talk to the customer service, sometimes calls don't even go through.

The first agent I talked to opened a query on April 8th. To this day, the ticket is still opened, I get this automatic message by EMAIL saying this:

Kindly note that your query #374509 is still being resolved by the relevant department we escalated it to.

The second agent I reached was on April 15th. A manual withdraw request was made on that day. Since then, I’ve received no EMAIL confirmation and the funds have not been sent.

Last time I talked to an agent it was on 17th. He told me that my manual withdrawal request was sent to the relevant department and that the money would be sent on Monday (Yesterday).

So here I am, two weeks later, still trying to withdraw my funds from Avatrade, losing time and patience. If it is impossible to send me my money, why don’t they tell me the truth so that I can take the necessary measures???
Dear Julien,

We wish to confirm that we have been in touch with you personally via customer service ticket 374509, to inform you that your withdrawal request has been processed and to apologize for the inconvenience.

We thank you for your sincerity and patience, and our Customer Service Team will continue to communicate with you and assist as needed.

Thank you for choosing AvaTrade, it is great to have you on board.

Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium,
Apr 20, 2020,

Rollover fee of 958 euro??

You will get scammed by this broker!! Depositing is no problem but e rollover fee of 958 Euro after e position that is made in one week ???
The crude oil is going up but my account money is going down, this is completely Scam all over, dont make any deposit with this broker!!!
Thank u ava trade for this nice rollover fee and ripping of the people s money.
The next contact will by; Dear mister Demoor we will look at this problem please contact us personally what means, we will take your money and hope you understand thats how we ripping off people like you who believe trading with us can make you money!!
Dear Guy,

Our Customer Service Team has been communicating with you via customer service ticket 382832, relaying to you that The Crude oil contract was rolled over.
Crude Oil moved from the May ‘20 contract to the June ’20 as highlighted by our team.

For any further assistance or clarification please do not hesitate to communicate with us directly via ticket 382832.

Alex,
Zurich, Switzerland,
Apr 19, 2020,

Fake company

Don’t make the biggest mistake in your life to trade with this faking brokers. I swear, I will make a big problem with them. They stolen my 50.000EUR. This is normal? Just go to hell and have s** with yourselves.
Dear Alex,

We kindly request you to provide us with your trading account number and registered email by contacting us directly via our Live Chat function from our website or by emailing us at cs@avatrade.com to enable us to establish whether you are indeed a client of AvaTrade.

Potodeevo, Russian Federation,
Apr 5, 2020,

illegally deducted from my account 490 USD

Hello! My name is Alexander Prosin. My account number on AvaTrade.com is 6036939.
 On March 26, 2020 I replenished my account with AvaTrade.com for $ 474.37. On March 29, 2020, I made a profit of $ 3,313. Then, within a week, I withdrew 3287 USD in several transactions. This week, from March 29, 2020 to April 3, 2020, I did not make any transactions on the account, as evidenced by the history of transactions in MT4 (there are screenshots). On April 3, 2020, after transferring 10 USD from account 6036939 to account 6036297, 490 USD remained on account 6036939. But on April 3, 2020 at 15:08 (according to the time of the trading terminal), all remaining money was deducted from my account, that is, an amount of $ 490. My account is reset. It was 490 USD, it became - 0 USD. However, I did not make a single transaction.
The write-off comment states: "Roll Over Adjustment". That is, if I understand correctly, AVATrade.com wants to explain this write-off as a fee for transferring the position to the next day? Then the question is: why did the company wait a whole week before debiting my money? After all, I opened the deal on March 26, 2020 and closed it on March 29, 2020, and the position transfer fee was written off only on April 3, 2020. And this is a very large position transfer fee - 490 USD. Don't you think? At the same time, I replenished the account with only 474 USD. This is similar to AVATrade.com fraud. I think they just appropriated my money, referring to Roll Over.
I ask AVATrade.com to cancel the illegal debit from my account 490 USD and return my money, in the amount of 490 USD, to my account 6036939.
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Apr 6, 2020:
Dear Alexandr,

We firstly wish to highlight we are pleased to be in direct contact with you through our Customer Service Team who are assisting you in answering your questions.

The information of Rollovers can be seen here at our website: https://www.avatrade.com/trading-info/cfd-rollover-dates

Should you require any clarification at all, please continue to liaise with us via customer service, and we will, of course, continue to clarify anything you wish.

Moscow, Russian Federation,
Apr 3, 2020,

Withdrawal problems no answer

MT4 Account Details
Server: Ava - Real 3
Currency: USD
AvaTradeGO App

Customer ID = А10718036

There is no withdrawal done for 14 days, no response from customer services either probable problems?

Customer services not aware which entity I am a client of and do not have a copy of my customer agreement

Your query #361074 is still being reviewed
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Apr 6, 2020:
Dear Argentummb,

We sincerely wish to assure you that our Customer Service Team is on the case to assist you, we are pleased to be in direct contact with you and we thank you for your patience in the matter.

Please continue to liaise with our Customer Service Team under ticket 361074, and they will continue working alongside you to resolve everything.

David,
Australia, Australia,
Mar 31, 2020,

Buy limit orders opened in Gap

Watch out for a very sneaky trick employed by AVA Trade. If you have say a buy limit order on over the weekend and lets say Crude oil closes @ $42 on a Friday and opens on Monday @$32 AND you have buy limit orders for $40, $38 and $36 Well well AVA , After the market opens, will go and open your orders NOT at the open price, like every other regulated broker in Australia but at the buy limit price. This violates best practice in acting in the clients best interest . This is unethical practice. Whilst it is hidden in their terms and conditions under the guises "Guaranteeing your order price" it clearly is not in the clients best interest. This is a sneaky tactic and one that is outlawed in most countries and certainly not endorsed or practiced by any other broker. Trader beware this can wipe your account overnight . These are lowlife tactics the likes of Scam brokers employ
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Apr 1, 2020:
Dear David,

We are sincerely sorry to understand you feel this way in regards to your trading experience with us. However, we wish to firmly outline that AvaTrade’s execution practices are absolutely in line with our thorough regulation, spanning six jurisdictions globally.

We kindly remind all that AvaTrade guarantees pricing on all limit orders, but does not guarantee pricing for stop orders; the execution of which will be made at the best price available. All trading conditions are listed within our Terms and Conditions page on our website.

Thank you for choosing AvaTrade.

Ole Rofson,
Mar 23, 2020,

Number one for cryptocurrencies

Didn’t have much trust in cryptocurrencies brokers, and apart from that I wanted to trade forex as well. Under these circumstances AvaTrade was a real find. They have various assets: fiat currencies, CFDs and cryptocurrencies as well. Even though most assets quotes stop for trading halt on the weekends, cryptocurrencies still can be traded on Saturday and Sunday.

Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Apr 1, 2020:
Dear Ole,

We thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us and highlighting your opinion that we are the number one for Crypto Currency trading.

We are most pleased that our 1000 plus instruments available to trade are to your liking, and we wish to express it is great to have you on board with us and we thank you for choosing AvaTrade.

We wish you lots of trading success!

Bearet18,
Ipoh, Malaysia,
Mar 7, 2020,

Brokerage that can be trusted

Avatrade is a kind of a brokerage that can be really trusted. That was, actually, the only one reason why I've choose it. Almost all brokers are the same, that's true. I mean in general, details of course may vary. However, the only thing that's the HIGHLY varied is regulations and client support. Avatrade is extremely good in this regard, it's regulated in the EU, Australia, South Africa and so on. It's extremely important question for me, as I see it, as it's the most important for every trader. How can I trade with a brokerage, if there's doubts in its reliability? I don't know how you deal with this, but I simply can't trade in such conditions, so my choose was obvious - AvaTrade, regulated and, as a result, trusted brokerage.

Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Mar 9, 2020:

Dear Bearet18,

We are delighted to hear your highly positive experience with us, and we thank you for taking the time to share it here.

We are pleased our thorough regulation and attention to our clients are providing great trading conditions for you.

We thank you for choosing AvaTrade, and we wish to express our pleasure at having you on board with us.