AvaTrade Review

AvaFx.com

Updated: Sep 15, 2021 · AvaTrade.com  · Is this your company?

AvaTrade is a forex broker established in 2006 with offices located across 5 continents and licensed by ASIC, FSA, and other regulators.

AvaTrade offers MetaTrader 4 and 5, AvaTradeGo, AvaOptions, and WebTrader platforms with over 50 currency pairs, cryptocurrencies, vanilla options, as well as CFDs for ETFs, Indices, Stocks, precious metals and commodities.

Please read AvaTrade Reviews below and share live trading experiences with this broker.

AvaTrade
June 2020:  An AvaTrade employee has told the FPA that "we are one of 3000 companies to use the same IP."  The FPA wonders about the security of sensitive client personal and financial information with so many offices of so many companies sharing the same IP address.
Summer 2018:  The FPA asks ALL AvaTrade reviewers  to please include their account number in their review.

If you submit a review and it is not approved within 5 business days, please CLICK HERE, read the message, and fill out the form if necessary.  EVERY person who submits information from the form will get a reply from the FPA.

September 2013:   AvaTrade has not been able to provide the FPA with information about how the company can tell what is a normal off-market fill vs. what is arbitrage.

Until this issue is resolved, the FPA recommends against using Forex News Gun software or any other news trading software with AvaTrade.com.

Other websites of this company include AvaTrade.co.za, AvaTrade.es.

Established: 2006
Address: Five Lamps Place, 77-80 Amiens Street, Dublin 1, DO1A742, Dublin, Ireland
Contact: cs@avatrade.com, 353 766803327
Regulators: ASIC #406684, CBI #C53877, FFAJ #1574, FSA #1662, FSCA #45984, AD-FSRA #190018, BVI FSC #
Trading platforms: MT4, MT5, WebTrader, AvaOptions, AvaTradeGO, DupliTrade, Trading Central
CFD: (500+) Gold, Silver, Stocks, Stock Indexes, Bonds, Oil, Other Commodities
ZuluTrade: Yes
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Boleto, DinPay, FasaPay, gCard, Neteller, PaySec, SafeCharge, Skrill, VoguePay, WebMoney
Withdrawal Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Boleto, DinPay, FasaPay, gCard, Neteller, PaySec, SafeCharge, Skrill, Tranzila, UnionPay, VeriTrans, VoguePay, WebMoney

Join live discussion of AvaTrade.com on our forum

AvaTrade.com profile provided by AvaTrade CCare, Apr 13, 2020

AvaTrade is an award-winning online broker offering Contracts for Difference (CFDs) on Commodities, Stocks, Indices, Cryptocurrencies and more. The company is regulated across 6 jurisdictions with a global clientele in over 150 countries.

Steve,
Ontario, Canada,
Dec 15, 2017,

Scary company to deal with

Thank God I didn’t send them any money but when I registered they call me for five times but I sleep during the days I work nights when I wanted to contact them to send money I can never get through by phone number by their chat line or by emails to their customer service as I’ve tried at least 4 times emailing three times chatting and at least six times calling it tends to hang up after one or two minutes your phone conversations while you’re waiting they have no customer service no support to me it’s a Fraudulent company stay away I feel bad that I did send in a picture of my drivers license and my utility bill for proof I hope it’s nevers used against me for corrupt purposes or false identification stay away Scary company to deal withstevfrom AvaTrade everybody Steve from Canada

Apr 22, 2009 - No Rating People are talking a ton of trash in here and 90% of what they say is a waste of effort to read.

I have been trading AVA for abotu 3 months. My accoutn is up 143%. The platform is great. I never disconnect and I have no problem with order execution.

I see lots of complaints about with draw problems. I have not tried to make a withdraw yet. However, when I see people posting that they tried to withdraw thier profit and then the account goes bust befor they get the funds that tells me that these people are trying to withdraw money that is still invested. If you don't sell a positions do not expect to withdraw the profit... wake the F up people. People crying over losing money is also pointless, these accounts are leverages 200:1. Its easy to lose money. If you place stops too close to the market then expect them to get called. When markets move fast you will not see every point of data on a 5 minute chart... try a tick chart. Try not trading 5 minutes trades. My trades last from several hours to several weeks. I just set my trades and walk away. I will update this when I start making withdraws.

I have have great customer service untill recently when I have been trying to fund a new account. The wire instruction was wrong and we have been waiting for over a week to get the wire returned. I hope that the withdraw proccess works much smoother than this.

At this time I would rate these guys 4/5.

Dear Steve,
We would like to inform you that AvaTrade have recently acquired an unprecedented number of new clients. As a result, we are currently experiencing a high volume of calls, chats and email requests, and a backlog of pending withdrawal requests has accumulated in our system. Therefore, our reply time during this period is greater than expected.
Providing you the best support possible is our priority; hence we are fervently working to process your request as soon as possible.
Attila,
Budapest, Hungary,
Mar 17, 2015,

I was an Ib with them, i got all of the commission and promised fee.
Disadvantage bigger spread than usual, advantage, fast withdrawals correct execution, professional hungarian support.

sandton, South Africa,
Sep 18, 2017,

Non Existing Customer Service, Failed Promises

PATHETIC, NON-EXISTENT SERVICE

Don't bother attempting to do business with this company as it will only end in frustration. The call centre cuts off calls repeatedly. It takes at least one hour to receive a response from the Live Chat. The account manager is not bothered to respond to emails, and still waiting on customer service to respond more than one week and several failed attempts later.

Even if you WANT TO TRADE with AVATRADE you WILL NOT BE ABLE TO as they simply make it impossible to do so. Worst ever. Their loss..

Reply by AvaTrade submitted Sep 20, 2017:
Hello Hein,
I'm sorry to hear that, and want to help you.
Please send us your account number to: feedback@avatrade.com. We will look into it and get back to you shortly.
Thanks,

E. G.,
Toronto, Canada,
Aug 12, 2013,

Issue escalated to Traders Court Tradetowin vs. AvaTrade.com | RESOLVED
The FPA is happy to report that this issue has been resolved.

I have been scammed by Ava. Ava has decided to delete profits of nearly $10k, all detailed here http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/scam-alerts-folder/26607-avafx-avatrade-cancelled-profits-9188-54-a.html

Anyone who is considering doing business with this broker and intending to make a profit please RUN!!!

Wellington, New Zealand,
Nov 23, 2017,

Trading CFD's in my view is a scam where use charts only for direction

I just placed a trade with Ava Trade NT4 platform.It was Ethereum where upon entry was 407 with a stop at 375.48.Immediately on execution it was stopped out.This doesnt look good & in my opinion seems dishonest.
On scanning the chart it seems this is happening to most trades.Looking at other trading platforms they all appeared to be free of this spiking.

Reply by AvaTrade submitted Nov 27, 2017:
Hello Charlee,
Kindly send your account number and your claims to feedback@avatrade.com, we will check your accounts and contact you shortly.
Thank you!
Leigh Cole,
Perth, Australia,
Jan 1, 2012,

Hi
Iv been trading futures on the avatrader platform for a year now.
The platform is great and Iv never had any problems with deposits
or bad customer support.
HOWEVER
Reading all these negative reviews concerning withdrawals, (which i havnt done yet) is making me think twice about continuing trading with them.
Whats even more disturbing is the cofirmed phony review that originated from avafx offices (thanks FPA for picking that up).
So you must question the legitimacy of the positive reviews.

I will be withdrawing some money shortly and will let you know how it goes. If the withdrawals work( even with a 5 day delay) i would give avatrader platform 5 stars with avafx.

Australia,
Feb 18, 2018,

AvaTrade owe me $2000.
If anyone from AvaTrade is reading, my account number is 5188734.
Can you please tell me why it is taking so long to receive the funds you owe me.
Its been 2 months now !!
Cheers

Reply by AvaTrade submitted Feb 19, 2018:
Hello CLIENT PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION REMOVED,
Apologies for the delayed response.
There are a couple of withdrawals request from you, some of them got through. Could you please confirm us the amount and the date of the request that you would like to inquire about.

AvaTrade Administration Team

FPA Forums Team Note: Exposing private client data is unethical and probably illegal.

AvaTrade has been warned against using client names in representative comments when the client has not shared that information in the reviews. Now this has happened again.

If there are any more incidents like this, AvaTrade's ability to submit comments in the reviews will be blocked.
Germany,

AvaTrade is disgusting

Ava trade is the most pathetic brokerage trading platform i have ever used.

just lost 100 euros on it and do not know how. I tried to send several emails to customer service but no reply and the call is going on hold for hours.

I am so frustrated and feeling so helpless :(

I will not recommend this broker to anyone in the world.

Dear Fintechpro,
Thank you for contacting us.
We would like to inform you that AvaTrade have recently acquired an unprecedented number of new clients. As a result, we are currently experiencing a high volume of calls, chats and email requests. Therefore, our reply time during this period is greater than expected.
We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this temporary delay may cause and appreciate your patience.
South Africa,
Dec 15, 2017,

Shocking. Opened account Monday 11 Dec. Sent through all verification documents and made payment same day. Received an email confirming account verification within 24 hours. Today is Saturday 16 Dec - still nothing. So no account verification. And no funds shown in account as yet as it's awaiting verification. No email received for other documents. Account Manager checked uploaded documents and he said all documents are fine, no need to send anything else. I email customer@avatrade.com - no response. Customer care line in SA also does not work - never ever gets answered and I've tried consistently over 4 days!! Brokers are not allowed to advertise 24/5 support when there is ZERO support!!
THIS IS RIDICULOUS!! I WANT MY MONEY BACK AND I'M CLOSING MY ACCOUNT. AND I'M REPORTING YOU TO THE FINANCIAL SERVICES BOARD FSP45984!!

Dear Geunae,
Thank you for uploading your documents.
We would like to inform you that AvaTrade have recently acquired an unprecedented number of new clients. As a result, your account verification process may take longer than usual.
Rest assured we are working around the clock on getting your documents processed as soon as possible.
Brisbane , Australia,
Dec 5, 2017,

Avatrade wont pay

Avatrade will not give me my money back, I made a small deposit and they claim I have to withdraw the money to the same account I have deposited with. I do not have access to that account for years, and they are impeaching me access to my money claiming that I still have ownership of the money, but only if I travel overseas for more than 2000 km and get a letter from the bank I have deposited with saying that I have closed my account. Now I have spoken with these people and made me wait more than two weeks, even though their website says they resolve all withdraw in 5 days or less, I waited 14 days, and on the 15th day when I contacted them through chat they said that my withdraw has been cancelled because I did not withdraw to the right account. I also have to mention that I have contacted them when I made the withdraw and I was told that they won't be a problem with it.

Reply by AvaTrade submitted Dec 7, 2017:
Hello,
In order for us to help, kindly send your account number and your claims to feedback@avatrade.com, we will check your accounts and contact you shortly.
Thank you!