ThinkMarkets Review

Formerly ThinkForex.com

Updated: Jul 9, 2020 · ThinkMarkets.com  · Is this your company?

ThinkMarkets is a forex broker. Think Markets offers the MT4 and MT5 trading currency platforms. ThinkMarkets.com,offers over 35 currency pairs, cryptocurrencies, gold, silver, shares, indices, commodities and cfds for your personal investment and trading options.

ThinkMarkets

Established: 2010
Address: TF Global Markets, 4th Floor, 30 City Road, London, EC1Y 2AY., United Kingdom
Contact: support@thinkmarkets.com, +44 203 514 2374
Regulators: ASIC #424700, FSCA #49835, FCA #629628
Trading platforms: MT4, MT5, Trade Interceptor
Cryptocurrencies: (5+) Bitcoin, Ethereum
CFD: (1200+) Gold, Silver, Stocks, Stock Indexes, Oil, Other Commodities
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, BitPay, BPAY, FasaPay, Neteller, PayPal, Skrill
Withdrawal Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Neteller, Skrill

Join live discussion of ThinkMarkets.com on our forum

Vilnius, Lithuania,
May 25, 2020,

...increased value instantly!

...I opened live account with Think Markets about one month only so cannot provide much information on withdrawing, trading and etc but one thing impressed me a lot. I (by mistake) pressed selling button of 0,1 XAUUSD at time when market was closed. Even if trade size is very small (0,1 lot) it would be pitty because market should be closed without any available trades. I contacted customer service and after a few talks they agrred to refund their mistake.

I will provide more information about this broker but at this moment everything works perfectly and such action (refund of their mistake) increased value instantly.

Cairo, Egypt,
Apr 17, 2020,

Think market is a big scam broker

Don't deposit any investment in that broker , they are a big scam .
At the beginning they profe that they have certified from FCA and AFCA.
And when you any problems and try to complain against them , they will state that your contract not regulated to those and you registered in Bermuda.
So you will lost all of your money

london, United Kingdom,
Mar 30, 2020,

Just stealing my money, nothing i can do about it

Opened an account with think markets due to me not being satisfied with the level of service from my previous broker.

i deposited an amount and placed a trade, i found the platform to be slow and very unfriendly to use and the spreads were too big so i closed my trade and withdrew my balance.

i then recieved a call from an account manager that frankly i hadnt asked for, he advised me to use the thinkzero platform if spread was an issue, so i gave them the benefit of the doubt and deposited again in order to try, now 3 weeks on and atleast 35 lots later, covid19 has hit the world hard and being self employed i want to withdraw my money in order to be able to live.

Except thinkmarkets wont let me withdraw without fining me 4 figures, they wont give me a reason why just that no matter what i do and no matter how many trades i place when i come to withdraw they will charge me.

when i question this they tel me its a finance department issue and i should speak to them, except you cant call them you have to email, its now been over a week of me emailing and getting completely ignored. with the added benefit of my idiot of an account manager popping up occasionally just to remind me i will be charged. if you want to keep hold of your mmoney i suggest you use another broker.

the whole world is in trouble due to covid19 this money could be a matter of keeping a roof over my head or feeding my young children but all thinkmarkets seem to care about is ignoring me and charging me.

AVOID AVOID AVOID
Tony,
England, United Kingdom,
Mar 29, 2020,

Avoid. Nothing short of thieving

I deposited into think markets as I was considering them as a new broker. I registered and deposited no issues.
I placed my first trade using my entire margin and closed the trade some hours later. I hate there platform it was very clunky and the spreads were gigantic. So I withdrew.

An account manager contacted me and I told him this and he reccomend there zero spread account.

So I deposited again. Again the platform was clunky and by this time covid was having a real impact and we were on lockdown. I had no money coming in from work so I attempted to withdraw, they told me I hadn't used enough and they would fine mye over 5% of my balance if I withdrew .

Obviously not wanting to lose such as large amount I carried on trading. I then tried to withdraw again and was again told insufficient trades.

I've since asked how much I have to trade in order for this fee not to stand and they refuse to tell me. Not account manager is useless and the finance department dont reply at all.

Since my deposit I have traded in excess of 30 lots. I have used my full amount available time and time again.

Yet still they wont let me withdraw unless the charge me thousands of pounds

I urge you not to use this broker and use literally anyone else.
Australia, Australia,
Mar 16, 2020,

Resolved

My issue was resolved

So putting this to show on my last November post

And i need 75 characters

Dec 30, 2019 - 1 Star I was trading with think markets December 2018 till late Feb 2019.
To start with the feed and execution was great then it got worse and worse until I couldn't win a trade as they're a market maker so have their own charts as such and can do whatever they like with your trades I can't go into detail as they have stated if i share any case related information that has been provided they will try and halt my case with AFCA, so I'll share more once that is over.

This issue and there constant lies have gone on for 11 months now so if you are a full time trader or aim to be one day stay away from this broker as they don't work with you in anyway they just cause you issues as they're greedy and all about there profits and stealing from clients,

There's another case in the scam threads were a hedged trade was margin called costing a client 200k they cost me over 100k and another person i know over 100k so its okay running your small accounts with a poor win rate but if you make money off them they will just manipulate your feed and steal your money as seen in the hedged trade scam alert..

Stay away from them even if you're a small trader as they will never act in your best interest and will steal your account when ever they get the chance to..

Check out the other reviews over last few years everyone says once profitable they can't turn a profit and I'm not sure who would have a good trading experience and think awww im going to go log onto a site and leave a good review so I would be looking at bad reviews before any good ones..

I have alot of information on the unethical ways they handle clients accounts I will be posting AFCA full review once they complete it and show all of the breaches they have made.

Also visited them afew weeks ago but they wouldn't see me and called security as I was happy to wait to see someone and go over the information i had

dubai, United Arab Emirates,
Mar 9, 2020,

the meta trader stopped

i am trading in this company long time ago ,3/3 i was trading the Nasdaq index and i was making money my account was more that 2000$ and i had very big position on Nasdaq and then the Nasdaq just stopped moving for an hour at least and when i call the client customer they just tell me just fill this form and i tell them at least close the trade , they tell me they can not close it , of course i was very upset and confused and i lost money in this day because of this situation .
will not put money in this company again
xiamen, China,
Mar 7, 2020,

I'm greatful with ThinkMarkets.com

I have been trading with ThinkMarkets.com since 2015. It has been a good experience and profitable trades. I started with 300$ account and now I'm with 24k$ account. I didn't deposit any more funds into my account. That I did is I just followed my plan and risk management. Even if my account is 24k$ for now, I have withdrawn 13k$ into my bank account. So, I consider like all of you who reviewed some bad comments with ThinkMarkets.com, you are loosing and it is your fault that you lost your money. Kindly advise you that you need to be educated or just find a good signal provider. Good luck

Liverpool, Australia,
Feb 27, 2020,

Perfect for trading gold

As an active trader that focuses on almost exclusively on trading gold ThinkMarkets is my primary go-to trading account. It is the thinkzero account i use with them as it has the tightest spreads, swaps and great margins (around 0.5% deposit requirements i believe).

I have been using the live account with them for around 6 months and i've not encountered any issues. The pricing, tech and support are bang on, I've also been lucky to be on the right side of the recent gold moves and i'm letting my 5 figure current profits run up - only stops in place, no profit limits as yet. I'm a big gold bull. I do trade some gold options with another broker (ThinkMarkets do not offer gold options) but I'm thinking about stopping that as funding/withdrawing is difficult as it is overseas and pricing is opaque. I'll get around to writing a review about that particular broker another time.

Bangkok, Thailand,
Nov 13, 2019,

Forex only, no problems since joining

I trade Majors, Crosses, Gold & WTI (oil).

I do not trade Stocks, CFD's, Indices, Exotics or Silver as either spread is high as most other reputible brokers or as current world fundamentals are just too unpredictable. I find if you mostly scalp Forex & Gold these are the correct instruments to make money in this climate. Up 25% 2.5 weeks into this month, dd 10%. Long term trades have high drawdown at the moment, I will avoid them until 2x Trade Wars, Brexit, Hong Kong voilence and general economic outlook looks better (mid-end 2020?).

Back to Thinkmarkets, I am fortunate to be able to monitor my trades 20hrs/5days and only not have sight of my trades during US afternoon which is fine, because then I am sleeping.

I am on their ThinkZero plan which has 0.2 to 2.5 pip spread during Asia session, and 0.1 - 1.8 pip in the big sessions depending which pairs you trade. The higher spreads are really on 1 to 2 pairs ONLY (GC, GN). Their commission is $7.0 per round turn ($3.5 per side i.e. open $3.5 then close another $3.5 per 100 000 units thus 1 Lot). Obviously it is pro-rated down if you only scalp say 0.01 lot it is as low as 7cents.

I scalp HEAVILY and often during news time, I do not mind to shovel out 2 pips if suddenly the market turns. I keep on checking their numbers to mine and they are as darn close as you can get it. Granted I may be close to their AUS server, but I believe they have good coverage globally. My Demo server reaction was very close to Live.

They are very strict with their policies and although I had issues which were open to interpretation regarding certain withdrawal procedures, they are as correct and fair as a broker could be. Payments are swift once all your admin is in order.

Their chat support is friendly & suberb and had no issues unresolved. Queries to account department does take a while, but I think it is close to 24hr response which is fair.

I can't comment on other client's experiences, but my slippage and spread is the best I had compared to my 3 previous brokers. They were all "Top 10" brokers, I promise you that.

So, all-in-all, at the moment in 2019 I only had good experiences and I truly recommend them based on my experiences with even heavy disputes with them admin wise, slippage, spread, speed and general warm fuzzy feeling when I open my terminal. Good luck all.

Reply by ThinkMarkets Support submitted Feb 12, 2020:
Hello Vullistax,

Thank you for your glowing 5 star review.

The ThinkZero account is very popular with scalpers such as yourself with raw spreads on the majors as low as 0.0.

We do follow strict AML rules which serve to protect both ThinkMarkets and our clients - our clients can rest assured knowing their funds are safe, secure and importantly, accessible quickly.

Our Support Team are highly trained and engaged with the markets so it is great to hear your positive feedback, we will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team.

We appreciate having you as a client and hope you managed to catch some of the recent big moves on gold.

Kind regards,
The ThinkMarkets Team
Moscow, Russian Federation,
Oct 29, 2019,

scammers with price and spread

I loose my money on brent
They manipulate with spread and prices and give big slippage.
After profit trades, you are becoming an enemy for this company.
They give me spread 60 points!!!!!!!! on BRENT
Reply by ThinkMarkets Support submitted Feb 12, 2020:
Hello Top Secret,

We understand your frustration and would like to review any specific trades, can you please email support@thinkmarkets.com with the ticket numbers and our Trade Support Team will investigate further.

Our typical spread on Brent Crude Oil sits at 6 points.

Kind regards,