ThinkMarkets.com Review Visit site

Updated: Feb 12, 2020
Formerly ThinkForex.com

About ThinkMarkets.com

ThinkMarkets is a forex broker. Think Markets offers the MT4 and MT4 Mobile trading currency platforms. ThinkMarkets.com,offers over 25 currency pairs, cryptocurrencies, gold, silver, indices, commodities and cfds for your personal investment and trading options.

ThinkMarkets.com

Minimum Trade Size:0.01
Maximum Leverage:500:1
Minimum to Open Live:$1
Established:2010
Address:TF Global Markets, 4th Floor, 30 City Road, London, EC1Y 2AY., United Kingdom
Contact:support@thinkmarkets.com, +44 203 514 2374
Regulators: ASIC #424700, FSCA #49835, FCA #629628
Trading platforms:MT4, MT5, Trade Interceptor
ECN: No
Currencies:(35+)
Cryptocurrencies:(5+) Bitcoin, Ethereum
CFD:(1200+) Gold, Silver, Stocks, Stock Indexes, Oil, Other Commodities
Deposit Methods:Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, BitPay, BPAY, FasaPay, Neteller, PayPal, Skrill
Withdrawal Methods:Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Neteller, Skrill

Join live discussion of ThinkMarkets.com on our forum

Australia, Australia,
Dec 30, 2019,

Was good till i was up over 1000% profit then things changed dramatically

I was trading with think markets December 2018 till late Feb 2019.
To start with the feed and execution was great then it got worse and worse until I couldn't win a trade as they're a market maker so have their own charts as such and can do whatever they like with your trades I can't go into detail as they have stated if i share any case related information that has been provided they will try and halt my case with AFCA, so I'll share more once that is over.

This issue and there constant lies have gone on for 11 months now so if you are a full time trader or aim to be one day stay away from this broker as they don't work with you in anyway they just cause you issues as they're greedy and all about there profits and stealing from clients,

There's another case in the scam threads were a hedged trade was margin called costing a client 200k they cost me over 100k and another person i know over 100k so its okay running your small accounts with a poor win rate but if you make money off them they will just manipulate your feed and steal your money as seen in the hedged trade scam alert..

Stay away from them even if you're a small trader as they will never act in your best interest and will steal your account when ever they get the chance to..

Check out the other reviews over last few years everyone says once profitable they can't turn a profit and I'm not sure who would have a good trading experience and think awww im going to go log onto a site and leave a good review so I would be looking at bad reviews before any good ones..

I have alot of information on the unethical ways they handle clients accounts I will be posting AFCA full review once they complete it and show all of the breaches they have made.

Also visited them afew weeks ago but they wouldn't see me and called security as I was happy to wait to see someone and go over the information i had
Bangkok, Thailand,
Nov 13, 2019,

Forex only, no problems since joining

I trade Majors, Crosses, Gold & WTI (oil).

I do not trade Stocks, CFD's, Indices, Exotics or Silver as either spread is high as most other reputible brokers or as current world fundamentals are just too unpredictable. I find if you mostly scalp Forex & Gold these are the correct instruments to make money in this climate. Up 25% 2.5 weeks into this month, dd 10%. Long term trades have high drawdown at the moment, I will avoid them until 2x Trade Wars, Brexit, Hong Kong voilence and general economic outlook looks better (mid-end 2020?).

Back to Thinkmarkets, I am fortunate to be able to monitor my trades 20hrs/5days and only not have sight of my trades during US afternoon which is fine, because then I am sleeping.

I am on their ThinkZero plan which has 0.2 to 2.5 pip spread during Asia session, and 0.1 - 1.8 pip in the big sessions depending which pairs you trade. The higher spreads are really on 1 to 2 pairs ONLY (GC, GN). Their commission is $7.0 per round turn ($3.5 per side i.e. open $3.5 then close another $3.5 per 100 000 units thus 1 Lot). Obviously it is pro-rated down if you only scalp say 0.01 lot it is as low as 7cents.

I scalp HEAVILY and often during news time, I do not mind to shovel out 2 pips if suddenly the market turns. I keep on checking their numbers to mine and they are as darn close as you can get it. Granted I may be close to their AUS server, but I believe they have good coverage globally. My Demo server reaction was very close to Live.

They are very strict with their policies and although I had issues which were open to interpretation regarding certain withdrawal procedures, they are as correct and fair as a broker could be. Payments are swift once all your admin is in order.

Their chat support is friendly & suberb and had no issues unresolved. Queries to account department does take a while, but I think it is close to 24hr response which is fair.

I can't comment on other client's experiences, but my slippage and spread is the best I had compared to my 3 previous brokers. They were all "Top 10" brokers, I promise you that.

So, all-in-all, at the moment in 2019 I only had good experiences and I truly recommend them based on my experiences with even heavy disputes with them admin wise, slippage, spread, speed and general warm fuzzy feeling when I open my terminal. Good luck all.

Hello Vullistax,

Thank you for your glowing 5 star review.

The ThinkZero account is very popular with scalpers such as yourself with raw spreads on the majors as low as 0.0.

We do follow strict AML rules which serve to protect both ThinkMarkets and our clients - our clients can rest assured knowing their funds are safe, secure and importantly, accessible quickly.

Our Support Team are highly trained and engaged with the markets so it is great to hear your positive feedback, we will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team.

We appreciate having you as a client and hope you managed to catch some of the recent big moves on gold.

Moscow, Russian Federation,
Oct 29, 2019,

scammers with price and spread

I loose my money on brent
They manipulate with spread and prices and give big slippage.
After profit trades, you are becoming an enemy for this company.
They give me spread 60 points!!!!!!!! on BRENT

Hello Top Secret,

We understand your frustration and would like to review any specific trades, can you please email support@thinkmarkets.com with the ticket numbers and our Trade Support Team will investigate further.

Our typical spread on Brent Crude Oil sits at 6 points.

Z,
Sel, Malaysia,
Oct 15, 2019,

Thinkmarket is a Scam

I have sell positions of Eur/Cad... price and charts were nice..
8 positions all together.

Price ranging Way below my STOP loss. ...

14th October 11:59 they close 6 of my position. even thought the chart and price point way below SL.. In fact there were time when the price was higher , and still my positions remain open. My account margin OK.

Out of the blue .....they closed 6 out of my 8 positions.. all having almost same SL. so what happened to the other 2 remain open??

Bar chart: on 1H TF 14/10/2019 2300: price ranging 1.45959 - 145856
Bar chart on 1H TF 15/10/2019 0000 price ranging 1.45833 - 1.45740

can check all historical data from multiple sites..

My SL was set at 1.46022/1.46027/1.46032 ... 14/10/2019 11:59 6 positions were force close.. 2 remain open ,,,,

The support said it is all due to slippage??

avoid this broker.

Hello Z,

We are sorry to hear about your experience.

We cannot locate your trading account or trades to review, can you please contact support@thinkmarkets.com and we will work to resolve your concerns.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Sep 8, 2019,

Don't trade shares from Thinkmarkets

Thinkmarkets advertise tight spreads and no commissions for their CFD shares. The reality is the spreads for shares can be $5-15 per share. The execution price for buy orders can be $5-15 above the daily high for the stock.

On some stocks the share order can altered to higher volume like 100 times higher. For example, if you place an order for 2 Xiaomi shares, upon execution you purchased 200 Xiaomi shares not 2 shares.

The stocks they offer for trading DO NOT pay dividends.

BE WARNED, Thinkmarkets is deceitful

Cluj, Romania,
Aug 26, 2019,

OVERALL A VERY GOOD BROKER

I read the reviews before opening an account with them, and then now when I stopped trading with them.
I agree with all the positive reviews, and of the negative ones only partially with those regarding slippage.
I have a mini account for testing trading strategies, for about 2 years everything went very well. Recently I faced a problem with some orders opened at unrealistic prices, followed by huge slippages for S/L. I completed a request for investigation, promptly and fairly they confirmed that the trades were erroneously opened due to AUDUSD spike and they refunded me. I stopped trading just because it wasn't suited, I mostly placed buy stop orders that were risky at spikes.
The problem with spikes at market opening seems to be trying to solve it, they changed Market Close 23:55 (GMT + 3) on Fridays $ Market Open 00.03 (GMT + 3) on Mondays.
Withrawal was fast and no commission.
Overall a very good broker.

Hello Floppy B,

Thank you for your review.

Our Trade Support Team are happy to review any trading queries and I am glad to hear they resolved yours quickly.

We are always making improvements to ensure clients have a first class trading experiences with us.

We certainly do though pride ourselves on the the ability of our clients to get money in and out of their trading account quickly and easily.

Thank you again for your feedback!

Ar,
Amsterdam, Netherlands,
Jun 13, 2019,

MASSIVE SLIPPAGE

As mentioned earlier I also experienced massive slippage out here. When I placed a stop order for a breakout. The order got executed way above my order level. Then afterwards the stop loss was also got executed way lower. I mean a bit slippage is normal but this is really insane. DAX breakout (stop order) executed 3.5 points above (350 pips) then stop loss again 2.5 points (250 pips) below. When I complaint about it they said a bit slippage is normal in volatile markets and I could fill in a form.

Hello AR,

We are sorry to read about your experience trading the DAX, the DAX is one of our most popular trading instruments given our spreads are as low as 0.7 points.

It wasn’t clear if you have lodged a trade investigation with our team already, can you please email support@thinkmarkets.com with the details. As you say slippage is a normal market occurrence however our Trading Support Team will do a detailed investigation for you.

Samer,
Jun 10, 2019,

More than perfect

Ive been trading with ThinkMarkets since the beginning of the year , No issues so far
and when it comes to spreads they are No. 1 .
They have an amazing support thanks to Mr. Mahmood and the team in Dubai

Hello Samer,

Thank you for your recognition of our ThinkZero raw spreads. Our team work hard to ensure we put together a complete package for our clients – excellent spreads and trading conditions to first class support.

We will pass on your much appreciated feedback to Mr Mahmood.

KESHA,
TORONTO, Canada,
Apr 2, 2019,

SCAM BROKER!!!!

PLEASE BEWARE OF THIS BROKER. THEY ARE A SCAM BROKER. THEY ARE NOT ACTUALLY REGULATED, ITS A FRONT. THEY ARE NOT FCA APPROVED. ONCE YOU REGISTER YOUR TRANSFERRED TO SOME OFFSHORE ACCOUNT WHERE THEY CAN NOT BE TOUCHED IF YOU TRY TO SUE THEM. IVE BEEN WITH THEM FOR 6 MONTHS AND IVE EXPERIENCED THE MOST "SLIPPAGE" EVER. MY ORDER WOULD GET CLOSED OUT BEFORE IT EVEN TOUCHES MY SL. WHEN I ASKED THEM ABOUT IT THEY SAID SOMETHING ABOUT HIGH VOLATILITY AND SLIPPAGE AND IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME. I DID MY RESEARCH AND FOUND OTHER PEOPLE WERE HAVING THE SAME ISSUE AND LOST ALOT OF MONEY WITH THIS COMPANY. PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER WITH THEM. I REMOVED ALL MY MONEY FROM THEM AND LEFT. YOU WERE WARNED !!! THEY ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED !!!

TonyP,
Newcastle, Australia,
Mar 7, 2019,

Quick withdrawals

Super quick withdrawals which is a pleasant change from my other brokers that hold up my withdrawals for all sorts uncomprehendable reasons.