XM.com (formerly Trading-Point.com) Review Visit site

Updated: Oct 12, 2018

Former websites of this broker include Trading-Point.com.

Other websites of this company include www.XMTrading.com.

XM Group is a group of online brokers. XM Group offers the MT4, MT5 and WebTrader currency trading platforms. XM.com offers over 50 currency pairs and CFDs on cryptocurrencies, stocks, metals, commodities, equity indices, and energies for your personal investment and trading options.

XM.com (formerly Trading-Point.com)

Join live discussion of XM.com (formerly Trading-Point.com) on our forum

XM.com (formerly Trading-Point.com) profile provided by Chris Zacharia, Mar 28, 2017

XM is a forex broker. XM offers the MetaTrader 5, MetaTrader 4 and Mobile global forex trading top platforms. XM.com offers over 55+ forex pairs, stocks,cfds, equities, indices, metals, and energies for your personal investment and trading options.

The way it is,
Benin,
Oct 10, 2018,

Previous question answered

They answered my question so, I will keep on monitoring my account to see how things go... For the time being, I have no reason to complain.

Oct 4, 2018 - 3 Stars Hi Chris Zacharia,

I'm the user who posted under the guest name "Just as it is"
I complained about my TP not being triggered and you said it doesn't make sense. So, here is my MT4 ID: 13201728

I see it is a complain from most of your client so, I would like to know what happened during the trading week of September 24 to September 28. You will notice that within that period, I manually closed my orders, because I found out that when my TP profits hit, they are not triggered.
Expecting your kind reply.
Peace

Oct 2, 2018 - 3 Stars Hi everybody,

I'm not a disgrunted user or a representative. This is just to let everyone know one fact about this broker: They do not trigger take profits on mico account.

I registered a micro account with them and deposited $5 to check them out. Up till them, everything was fine but, when I started scheduling orders, stop losses and take profits, things went awry.
Xm has never initiated my scheduled orders nor has it trigered my take profit. On the other hand, they almost always trigger stop losses. So, they could not pretend that it is only logistics problems.
Forewarned is forarmed: Don't trust them with your take profits. You cantrust them with your stop losses on the other hand.

Reply by Chris Zacharia submitted Oct 3, 2018 Dear Just as it is,

You make various accusations against XM which don’t make any trading sense. It is impossible for these events which you describe to happen.

I would be more than happy to check your case and transparently reply to you but I will need your account number in order to do so.

Please follow up with your account number.

Reply by Chris Zacharia submitted Oct 8, 2018 Dear "The Way it is",

I have checked your account.

The reason you are thinking your Take Profit (TP) orders are not being triggered is because of the following:

"Sell Orders are closed with Ask Prices and not Bid Prices".

The MT4 chart is generated with Bid Prices always so when you are looking at the chart you must always take into consideration the Spread in order to determine the Ask price which is ultimately the price that will trigger your Take Profit (TP).

As I noted in my previous reply it does not make any sense for XM not to trigger your Take Profit (TP) orders simply because we cannot choose to trigger them or not. If you input them in the system the server does that for you and has nothing to do with XM.

I hope my explanation was helpful and any doubts you may have had are now sorted.

If you have the kindness please change your rating and title on your original review now that the misunderstanding has been cleared out.

Sebotho,
Pretoria, South Africa,
Oct 9, 2018,

Withdrawal fast

My account no is 38016653 i traded with xm about a year now. My experience with them is good. Withdrawal fast;money available in my south african bank account within 3 days. Thumbs up xm...
david,
carribean, Guyana,
Oct 9, 2018,

Scam Broker

this broker 100% scam I have proven it, I have nothing against anyone but the will take your money on trades. but when the time come to remit your winnings (bulls eye ) you have nothing to get but much pushing around which you'll become frustrated and just leave. please please please be advice don't be caught like my self and other into this shady broker. NO GOOD they will lose more and more don't trick people of their hard earn cash. I am going to share this with their logo on social media to protect others from this scam broker. godwilling
Reply by Chris Zacharia submitted Oct 11, 2018:
Dear David,

Its neither fair or ethical for these kind of reviews, to be posted on the FPA.

You make a series of allegations against XM labelling us a “SCAM Broker”, “You say we are scam and I have proven it”.

If you wish to leave reviews that could be appreciated as real it’s advised to

a) Leave your account number so we can be able to investigate and provide a reply
b) Tell us exactly what your complain is
c) Let us know what you mean when you say “XM is a scam and I have proven it”

Without the details of bullets a),b),c) you are simply leaving an unverified review with no grounds for defence or reply.

I personally find it both unethical and not fair since I make an effort to reply and investigate all questions/comments/complaints posted on this page and make sure everything is resolved when needed.

Martin,
Nairobi, Kenya,
Oct 6, 2018,

Thank you XM, I used the ARN number you gave me and my bank was able to locate the money, I have the cash in my bank account. I'm happy. I have a request, can Xm increase their maximum leverage from 1;888 to 1;1000

Sep 18, 2018 - No Rating XM Kindly deposit the money I withdrew from this account 3243460. you keep on informing me that I should wait for 5 working days and ARN number for my bank to follow that money. please do something I'm really frustrated.

Reply by Chris Zacharia submitted Sep 24, 2018 Dear Martin,

I am sorry to hear that it is taking longer than usual to receive your funds.

Please note that your withdrawal request was processed within the normal 24 hours from our side, however depending on the bank you use it may take several days until you actually receive your money.

Also please let me add that your concern about the withdrawal delay has also been escalated to your personal account manager and she is monitoring the situation in order to make sure that we can assist you in case for any reason your withdrawal is delayed any more.

newrules,
Australia,
Oct 4, 2018,

Not possible to withdraw profits.

Horrible experience.
The short version is, that is not possible to withdraw your profits from xm without loosing 10% of your withdrawal. For details see below.

I am in Australia and tried to withdraw my AUD deposit. I was unable to do so because my deposit had been in xm so long that they were unable to reverse it via credit card.
An XM customer service representative recommended I withdraw my deposit via skrill so I did. Unfortunately skirll converts the money from aud to usd and because I am in Australia they have to convert it back to aud for me to actually receive it in my bank. This currency conversion costs equaled 10% of my withdrawal.
I complained to XM before removing my money from skrill. XM said there was nothing they could do as it was not a "fee" (skrill actually says they charge a 3.99% fee on currency conversions) but all other fees are covered. So I was politely told it was not their problem.
I asked skrill about reversing the transaction and they were happy to do so depending on XM. XM refused to allow the transaction to be reversed.

The poor review is based on the fact that I lost 10% of my money in withdrawal fees and XM refused to help when they could have.
I also do not believe it is possible to withdraw profit from xm.

Note I am in Australia using AUD. I suspect it might be possible in USD.
Reply by Chris Zacharia submitted Oct 8, 2018:
Dear newrules,

The title of your review is “Not possible to withdraw profits”.

I think the title of your review does not really match what the problem in your case was and it’s a little misleading to users of the FPA.

Anyhow, firstly if you have the kindness can you please follow up with your MT4/MT5 ID in order for me to be able to check your account.

Now although I don’t have your exact MT4/MT5 from what you explain in your review what I understand is the following:

Depending on type of credit card/debit card used, the card companies and processing companies have rules which say for example:

That a card used to deposit can only accept back money from the same merchant within XX days. After those days pass the merchant (in this case XM) cannot send money back to the card (The card company or the processor) does not allow it.

Although I 100% understand your frustration about this, this is not a rule set out by XM but from the card companies and the processing companies. So its not in XM’s power to send you back your funds to the card you used to deposit.

So what happens in these cases is that the client needs to choose an alternative method of withdrawal.

Depending on the country it can be:

Wire Transfer, Neteller, Skrill (e.t.c) and so many others depending on the country.

In your case you choosed Skrill, but Skrill charged you a fee because your funds where in AUD. I understand this is not pleasant but please understand that Skrill’s fees are not related to XM.

Now in regards to the last part of your review about XM not accepting to take back the funds from Skrill if you leave me your account number I will happily check that and revert.

Ehansa1,
colombo, Sri Lanka,
Oct 1, 2018,

very unsatisfied customer service.deposit and withdrawal problems

13187753 my account number.i can not deposit with credit card.when i saing it they telling everitine 'this issue of not a our side.everything going well.please clear cashe and cookies and change browser' ok .i have did that methords hundred times.bu that issue of xm system.
Reply by Chris Zacharia submitted Oct 3, 2018:
Dear Ethansal,

I have checked your case and what I see from our end is the following:

We cannot see any failed attempt to deposit via credit card. What we can see is that you visit the credit card deposit page but you do not complete all the steps in order to deposit therefore the transaction is never complete.

The only way I could possibly help you is if you send me a few screenshots of the screen you see when attempting to deposit via credit card.

martinlamarque,
Vantoux, France,
Sep 29, 2018,

DANGER !!!!

Many logistical errors, such as lack of liquidity and therefore impossibility to execute orders at open market hours (I have evidence, screen, and money lost, at least given)

Mar 6, 2018 - 1 Star Company that refuses to pay me back and refuses to listen to me for my defense! Case to follow, but categorical refusal of response to my emails about my complaint, no response to the private message to Mr Zacharia (XM.com representative on FPA), nor efforts for an amicable solution. In case of problems, you will have to be very patient (AMF file, Cysec, etc.) and spend money to defend yourself, which I will do very soon if I have no reaction from them.

Feb 19, 2018 - 1 Star My account has been blocked without any valid reason, no proof or explanation from XM.com! A new claim has been filed but in the meantime my account is blocked!

Reason: modification of log files

Problem: concerns with the MT5 platform, so I send my log files for analysis and refund and XM.com accuses me of having them changed! It's wrong !

I contacted Metaquotes for more information, they assured me that only the customer holds the MT5 log files of his account in his personal machine and that no broker can have them. So impossible for XM.com to question the authenticity of my log files.

I sent this message privately to MX.com a few days ago, without an answer, so I publish it publicly!

My message:
MetaTrader 5 build 1649,
iPhone (iPhone10,6) iOS 11.2.5

Problem description
Hello XM,
Following the first decision of the department (closing my account), which is unaccountable since I did nothing (about the modification of my log files) and I had no explanation about it , I filed a second official complaint (Complaint Reference Number: TI20180003). While waiting for the final verdict, I would like to let you know that I have already contacted Cysec and FCA and prepared the first files with FPA and Financial-Ombudsman, ready for publication.

Expected result
I would like you to send me a detailed report (with proof) of the first investigation, which resulted in the closure of my account. I want proof of what you are saying because it is absurd.

*I'm contacting you here because the response times via middleoffice's email address are way too long, and my patience has limits!

Additional details (1)
If all went well (without error platform) I would be today with trades up to more than 30000 €, gold, currently, I am 0 € and my account is blocked!
You do not have to do this, while waiting for the answer of the second investigation, I can not trade any more, I will ask, with the help of FPA and Financial-Ombudsman of the compensations (proportional to the potential trades which should have remained open without error of the platform) because it is unacceptable.

Additional details (2)
In addition, I will not hesitate to openly publish your suspicious behavior, I also had the same problem with the platform a few days before (I was refunded) but after three attempts to complain to the department:

I°/ First answer: "You were not connected after" x hour ", but I had closed about forty position after this time, everything was visible in my history and I had no trouble challenging their verdict so much. was rude.

1) My first analysis: If I would not close positions after this "x hour", I could not prove that I was well connected and I would not have been refunded, NOT PERMISSIBLE!

II°/ Second answer: "there was no attempt to close a position". I had to go myself check this, copy / paste to my manager the party failed to redo an analysis.

2) My second analysis: If I did not identify the problem by myself, I would not have been refunded, NOT PERMISSIBLE!

III°/ Third answer: "Indeed you are right". What incompetence and lack of proffesionalism! This is unacceptable on the part of a department. And today I have a big problem with them!

3) My third analysis: a competent department? I doubt !

Conclusion
1) I wish you to answer me about the first survey (see "Expected result")
2) I am ready today, with the help of FPA and Financial-Ombudsman, to publish this openly to the public (I kept all the e-mail exchanges) and with the experience that I had afterwards, to put back cause the blocking of my account, to ask for penalties and compensation, to be refunded as soon as possible!

Best regards,
LAMARQUE Martin"

Reply by Chris Zacharia submitted Feb 21, 2018 Dear martinlamarque,

Your account has been blocked and you have very well been explained the reason which it was blocked.

In addition to this, after you have opened a complaint with our compliance department, your case was reviewed and a reply has been sent by XM’s compliance department.

We have also transparently replied to your post which is posted at this link on the FPA -> http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/community/threads/complaint-about-xm.54217/

In a nutshell, you have made a complaint about not being able to close an order.

When we asked you to provide a copy of your log files in order to be able to research the case, the copy of log files you have sent to XM were edited.

To be even more precise:

You had complained that you could not close an order because the platform was giving you the message that the market was closed.

However on the log files you have provided:

The message “market closed” was in a parenthesis of this format “(....)”

On a real log file the message is must be in brackets of this format “[...]”.

In this respect, we consider that your behavior, actions and intentions towards our Company were made in bad faith with the sole aim to deceive our Company and claim reimbursement for your loss-making orders.

This issue has been closed on XM’s side and the decision to close your account is final and non-reversible.

Reply by Chris Zacharia submitted Oct 4, 2018:
Dear martinlamarque,

I am attaching below the last correspondence sent to you by our compliance department:

Following review of the issues raised in your email dated 28/09/2018 we can confirm the following:

A. Orders 13343994, 13344043, 13344053, 13344072, 13344083 and 13519951
We can confirm that you raised your dissatisfaction regarding the execution of the orders to the AMF and as such, when the AMF contacted us regarding your
complaint, we provided our detailed response and supporting evidence to the AMF (i.e., email sent by the Company to AMF on 15/05/2018).

Particularly, we had confirmed that your attempts to close the said position on 07/01/2018 were unsuccessful was due to the fact that the 7
th January 2018 was Sunday
(i.e., market is closed on Sundays – please refer to our website for the trading hours for the financial instruments offered by the Company). Also we had confirmed that
there were no technical issues during that timeframe and that your orders were correctly executed. We hereby stress the fact that the orders were closed by yourself (on
08/01/2018 and 09/01/2018), based on your own initiative and based on your trading strategies and risk appetite.
We still remain to our position stated in our response to your and to the AMF. In light of the fact that this matter has already been reviewed and addressed by the
Company and the AMF, no further action shall be taken from our side and no further correspondence will be entered into regarding this matter.

B. Orders 13349311, 13490342, 13490331, 13490322, 13490317, 13490312 and 13519945
We can further confirm that the above mentioned orders had been closed by yourself on 08/01/2018 at 12:15 (server time) (i.e., order 13349311) and 09/01/2018 at
12:15 (server time (i.e., orders 13490342, 13490331, 13490322, 13490317, 13490312 and at 15:42 (server time) (i.e., order 13519945), as per the instructions received
through your mobile device and personal computer.
In addition to this, we can further confirm that there was no technical or other issue to our systems/platforms during the timeframe in question, and in view that you are
not willing or able, as you claim, to provide us with the requested log files, we have no indication that your allegations are truthful or valid. Not only that, but, as per the
information available in our systems, we have confirmed that thousands of orders were successfully and correctly executed (i.e., opened, closed, etc.) during that
timeframe on the same instrument and server you are referring to.

C. Material / Supporting Evidence you provided

As stated in our previous responses to you, our platform providers confirmed that the log files you previously provided to us were modified and we strongly believe that you have done so in order to deceit the Company and find a justification to claim the loss incurred from your trading activity (i.e., based on your trading strategies and risk appetite).

The fact that the log files were indeed altered by you has been also admitted by yourself in your emails to us.

Having said that, following our initial investigation of the information and supporting documentation you provided us with your email dated 28/09/2018, it came to our attention that the images/screenshots included in the document (i.e., pdf file) looked abnormal and could also have been potentially digitally altered. In view of our suspicion, we forwarded the said screenshots to our platform providers for investigation and further review and they have, once again, confirmed that these are indeed modified. Particularly, they have confirmed that a non-modified screenshot from a device such as yours (i.e., iPhone), shall not have the “black gaps” on the top and bottom of the screenshot, as shown on the ones you provided us. Please see the red-circled parts on the screenshot you provided for your better understanding of what we are referring to:

https://d.pr/i/1wDZ8s (Link to the image)

In addition to the above, we consider it strange that you claim not having the log files we requested in order to facilitate our review, but yet you seem to have
screenshots for orders executed back in January. Not only that, but when we requested you to send us the original screenshots as taken from your device, you claimed, that your “phone was stolen” and were not able to. Also, you did not mention having any issues with the orders in question when you submitted your complaint with reference number TI20180003 which referred to orders executed in February.

D. Review Outcome - Final Response

In light of the fact that:

a) there was no technical or other issue to our systems/platforms; and
b) there are no indications that you attempted to close or your were not able to close the orders in question; and
c) the orders in question were correctly executed as per the instructions we received from you through your trading account/platform (i.e., closed by yourself); and
d) the supporting documentation you provided us to support your claims/allegations were modified in bad faith from you, it is our understanding that you are once again trying to benefit financially against the Company (i.e., claim the loss incurred in the account from your own trading activity) without any valid reason, by making false allegations and using deceitful means.

Taking into consideration all the above (i.e., correct execution of orders,
provision of digitally edited documents, etc.), we explicitly deny all your claims and reject your request for refund.

Please note that this is our final response and no further correspondence will be entered into in relation to this matter. Consequently, and since our business relationship has been terminated, none of the Company’s personnel shall respond nor communicate further with you regarding this matter. We reiterate the fact that the Company does not tolerate such behavior from its clients, and we stress to you that the provision of digitally edited/modified documentation from clients in their efforts to deceit the Company is something that we take very seriously.

Any further emails received by you, containing false allegations against the Company, shall be considered as harassment and the necessary legal actions shall be taken against you.

This email speaks for itself and it is sent to you without prejudice to any legal rights and/or remedies our Company may have in relation to this matter, now
or in the future.

gelaxx_,
PH, Philippines,
Sep 27, 2018,

Here’s to a reply to you Mr. Zacharia

ANSWER AND FOLLOW UP TO MR. ZACHARIA’S REPLY TO MY CHARGEBACK ISSUE.

CLOSED ACCOUNT NUMBER: 31197359

First of all, you are misleading ForexPeace Army users regarding the chargeback issue by saying that I filed the chargeback to recoup my losses because that is not the case. Second, the chargeback amount is 50 freaking dollars.

You want to be transparent to FPA users but you do not even provide them all the details surrounding my issue and just making a client look bad and stupid for 50 damn dollars.

TO SAY THAT I AM FRAUDING XM FOR 50 DOLLARS IS PLAIN AND DOWNRIGHT STUPID ESPECIALLY WHEN I HAVE JUST DEPOSITED AND WITHDRAWN AMOUNTS EQUALLING TO 2000USD.

ANYWAY HERE IS WHAT HAPPENED.
——————————-

I have traded with XM since I started my FX journey in February and I had a lot of losses that would total more or less $8,000-$10,000. AGAIN, THE CHARGEBACK IS $50. so tell me Mr. Zacharia, how would 50 dollars make up for all my losses? HOW DOES THAT “RECOUP” MY LOSSES? How can you say I am attempting to fraud XM for 50 dollars when i have deposited and withdrawn more than that? 50usd is nothing, and if you read my first claim, it is said there that the withdrawal to the card was made on June (chargeback was August, almost a month apart) and when i didn’t receive it, i just let it go and used other deposit methods. I’m sure you can see in my history that after that 50usd withdrawal, I have deposited amounts much bigger than that and withdrawn profits of about 2k USD. 50 dollars is nothing compared to that.

I sent XM an email before complete with all the necessary documents. That stupid chargeback issue, it happened because my stupid card provider misunderstood my email when i sent them the ARN number plus their support is shitty it took them weeks to reply and take action, and I clarified that with my personal manager already.

I do not understand how you can make a client look bad and accuse me of “frauding” XM when it is not the case and I have a goddamn proof. You are stupid for misleading FPA users. Is it really that hard to answer properly and you have to call a former client a “fraud” when you damn know well that I am not? I have sent emails with proof to XM and my Account Manager so i am sure as hell that you have seen those and KNOW THAT I AM NOT A FRAUD.

YOU OWE ME A GODDAMN APOLOGY.
Reply by Chris Zacharia submitted Oct 3, 2018:
Dear Gelaxx,

First of all in your initial post on the FPA you noted “XM BLACKLISTS CLIENTS WITH NO NOTIFYING EMAIL AND HOLDS DEPOSITS!”.

Following on your initial review I have explained that:

a) Your funds have not being held, since they were refunded;
b) The reason your funds were refunded is because our business relationship was terminated;
c) The reason our business relationship was terminated is due to the violation of our Terms and Conditions of Business from your side (i.e., you submitted a chargeback request received regarding a deposit made in your trading account). I had also very clearly explained what a chargeback is to the readers of this forum.
So to come back to your latest claim that “I mislead users”, I deny such statement and reject it as inaccurate; I have simply explained what a chargeback is and why your account was disabled.

Please note that the company takes the protection of its clients very seriously, and as a regulated entity, the Company has strict rules and procedures in place which are designed in such a way in order to prevent any kind of fraud, including potential credit card fraud. To this end, please note that the amount of a chargeback is not the main element to assess when we receive a chargeback request, but the chargeback itself is. That is because by performing a chargeback you are in essence claiming that you never made that transaction. The latter strongly suggests that either you are using a credit/debit card which does not belong to you or that you are using a credit/debit card which belongs to you but you claim to the bank that the transactions were not performed by you (i.e., that the transactions were performed by an unauthorised third party).

Now, I do understand that, as you claim, this might be a mistake from your bank, however, this is something you need to liaise directly with your bank for and straighten out with them.

As already stated, the company follows a very strict procedure in regards to chargebacks and as such, when a client submits a chargeback request, he/she the accounts of such client are disabled with immediate effect regardless of the amount. The reasons for the latter include, but are not limited to, the following:

a) The card used to deposit in the trading account is potentially stolen (in your case it was not and you claim it was an error/misunderstanding with your bank);
b) The client, in bad faith, is trying to deny he performed the deposit in question aiming to potentially get a refund for any loss incurred in the account due to the client’s trading activity (in your case you claim that it was merely an error from your bank’s side)

Although your issue, as you claim, has been a result of the actions of your bank, you used offensive language against me (i.e., you called me “Stupid”) and also asked for an Apology.

I can assure you that I make a very big effort here to solve all queries/problems and/or any other cases our clients may have and I always respond in a respectful and timely manner. As such, I do not appreciate you calling me “Stupid” and I don’t believe that asking for an apology in this case is appropriate, since the company acted fully in line with its Terms and Conditions of Business and you were the one who disrespected and used offensive language against me.

In view of the above, we regret to inform you that we remain to our position regarding the termination of our business relationship. With regards to the chargeback request, since this was a misunderstanding/error from your bank’s side, please liaise with them in case you need to express any further dissatisfaction in relation to this matter.

takashi,
Japan,
Sep 21, 2018,

scam

SCAM!!

TP has been ignored many times.

It is a pity that I can not put any evidence here.

Ignoring TP is a scam!
Please notice the link to the dedicate forums thread on each review page.
Reply by Chris Zacharia submitted Sep 24, 2018:
Dear takashi,

You post an allegation that XM is a “SCAM” however you don’t have the sincerity to leave us any details in order to be able to correctly reply or investigate your “problem”.

We would be more than happy to transparently and publically post a reply to any question/comment or complaint you might have but without an account number or a ticket number there is not much we can help with.

We don’t consider it very polite or ethical to make allegations or label XM with words like “SCAM” if we don’t know your case/account number or details in order to be able to reply.

trovski007,
Morocco,
Sep 1, 2018,

Account archived....HHHHHHHH

hi all traders, my problem with XM is > this broker archived my account with any notification..!!!!! and when i contact them ..a Mr said to open a new account ...!!!
so i understand that archived is DELETED for him...
trading is my occupation now ..and i real all reviews about all brokers here, i noticed that 90% of them are scamming clients , i still now searching for the best online broker that i can trust for.
Reply by Chris Zacharia submitted Sep 4, 2018:
Dear trovski007,

After 90 days of inactivity on a non-funded account our policy is to archive accounts.

However, that does not mean you cannot open a fresh account with XM.

Moreover, if you previously had trades with this archived account which has now been archived due to inactivity and you wish to request your account history this is possible to be sent to you via email after communication with your account manager.

Finally, the 1 star review is not fair at all.