XM.com Review Visit site

Updated: Feb 22, 2020
Trading Point of Financial Instruments

Former websites of this broker include Trading-Point.com.

Other websites related to this company include XMTrading.com, PipAffiliates.com, XMArabia.net, XM.co.uk, XMSina.com.

XM.com is part of Trading Point of Financial Instruments UK Limited group. Members of this group include Trading.com.

About XM.com

XM Group is a group of online brokers. XM Group offers the MT4, MT5 and WebTrader currency trading platforms. XM.com offers over 50 currency pairs and CFDs on cryptocurrencies, stocks, metals, commodities, equity indices, and energies for your personal investment and trading options.

Minimum Trade Size:0.01
Maximum Leverage:888:1
Minimum to Open Live:$5
Established:2009
Address:12 Richard & Verengaria Street, Araouzos Castle Court, 3rd Floor, 3042 Limassol, Cyprus
Contact:support@xm.com, +357 25029933
MAM: No
PAMM: No
Deposit Methods:Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Neteller, Skrill
Withdrawal Methods:Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Neteller, Skrill

Join live discussion of XM.com on our forum

XM.com profile provided by Chris Zacharia, Mar 28, 2017

XM is a forex broker. XM offers the MetaTrader 5, MetaTrader 4 and Mobile global forex trading top platforms. XM.com offers over 55+ forex pairs, stocks,cfds, equities, indices, metals, and energies for your personal investment and trading options.

Windhoek, Namibia,
Feb 19, 2020,

They manipulate the markets

I opened a position on the US100 and they stopped it out with a 1 sec whipsaw, it lasted 1 second, I was watching the charts doing analysis. There was no news there was nothing, every other broker I checked did not have such a whipsaw, only them, it was about 1200 pipsof a move 600 down 600 pips up in 1 second imagine. They stopped out my trade at a price that was below my stop and told me it was slippage, due to high volatility. There nothing that caused Nasdaq to spike down, if there was all other broker’s platforms would have reacted in almost a similar way but nope, they just tool my money. Then started throwing bullpoo statement to me.Tried contacting them, but all they had was bu*** excuses, no facts. This broker is a scam please don’t deal with them. They will manipulate the markets.

BARCELONA, Spain,
Feb 13, 2020,

XM SON CRISTALINOS

XM SON CRISTALINOS , ME REINTEGRAN MIS GANANCIAS EN 5 DIAS , LOS SPREDD SON BAJOS , DISPONEN DE MESA DE NEGOCIACION , NO SON ECN , LO UNICO ES QUE A CIERRE DE MERCADO LOS SPREDD SE DISPARAN , Y NO ACEPTAN GAPS , SI UNO PIERDE DINERO ES POR FALTA DE CAPITAL O ARRIESGAR MAS DEL 1 POR CIENTO DEL CAPITAL TOTAL , YO LA VERDAD ES QUE ESTOY CONTENTO CON ELLOS AUNQUE PIERDA DINERO.

Kzn durian amanzimtoti, South Africa,
Feb 12, 2020,

Xm closes my account without a valid reason

This is the message igot after I made profit of 90$ on the Nzd event.

Dear Sir/Madame,

We are writing in connection with your Account no. 60571487 (hereinafter “your Account”) with our company.

In that regard, our Anti-fraud Department has brought to our attention that the trading patterns in your Account(s) raise serious concerns that your Account was being used for ‘arbitrage’ activities.

Pursuant to the terms and conditions such activities are being qualified as fraudulent.

Accordingly, we regret to inform you that, in accordance with the terms and conditions, we have decided, with immediate effect to:

- close all of your trading Account(s);
- nullify all trades carried out in your trading Account(s);

As a result, you are kindly requested to submit a withdrawal request for your remaining balance through the Withdrawals Section of our Members Area and this shall be processed accordingly. If no withdrawal request is received within the next 48 hours, your funds will be sent back to the source.

In view of the above, please note that you will be strictly prohibited from opening any new trading account(s) and trade with our company. Nonetheless, in cases where you may successfully open an account and trade with our company due to any technical and/or human error, we reserve every right to immediately close your account upon identification, nullify any profit/loss generated and refund the original amount of deposit, excluding any deposit and withdrawal charges, back to the same source of deposit.

Please note that, in accordance with the terms and conditions, our decisions are final and binding on all participants and that, other than the notification set forth herein, no further correspondence will be entered into.

Kind Regards

XM Team
Middle Office

Capetown, South Africa,
Feb 7, 2020,

ACCUSED ME OF FRAUD BECAUSE THEY COULDN'T HANDLE MY STRATEGY

This broker accused me of arbitrage because they couldn't handle my trading strategy. They closed all my accounts and banned me from ever opening an account with them.

Dear MZWP1290,

I have investigated your case,

You say XM could not handle your so called "trading strategy".

You have been found opening so far a total of 7 accounts under different names from the same device.

This is not really a strategy and I would advice you to stop attempting to practice it because it will have the same result and that is you will be once again set to "BLOCKED".

You have attempted the same thing 7 times so I would advise you stop since it will have the same result.

Any attempt to abuse promotions given by XM in good faith is a serious violation of our terms and conditions.

Dectria puspitho,
Indonesia, Indonesia,
Feb 7, 2020,

Scaming/ cheating the xm broker

I experienced cheating when trading on xm all my funds disappeared quickly without me understanding

Dear Dectria Puspitho,

After investigating your case I have found that you have also filed an official complain with our compliance desk.

The reason your account has been stopped out is NOT due to "cheating" as you noted but because of a stop out which occured during the last Non Farm Payrolls release in which the market had sharp movements similar to most Non Farm Payroll Announcements.

Some of your order hit stop loss levels and one of your trades got stopped out.

Nigeria, Nigeria,
Feb 6, 2020,

Excellent t

I first heard about XM in 2014 through a friend, i only eventually registered with them in 2016,,
How would I review them?
Customer service: 10 /10
Withdrawal : 10/10,(I even withdrew via Skrill this morning)
There spread is average,so its good,

Slippages during high volatile news may occur,,but one is often told to avoid high volatile news,,
So on and average ,would I recommend XM? Any day ,any time,,

XM is the best,,my account no with them is 48011552,
Secondly ,I would advise anyone to go for brokers that are like big banks,,XM is one of such,,,as you can also request for card for withdrawal purposes when your account reaches a threshold.

I love XM

Feb 1, 2020,

Great

XM is. A great broker never had issues with them, I love the set up . Don't see any reason why people are making negative comments. Read terms and conditions and stop the senseless comment after you have been caught trying to cheat the system. I Love you XM please keep it up

Belarus, Belarus,
Feb 1, 2020,

Withdrawal problems and delay

Placed 3 withdrawal ever since i started making profits and non has reflected on my account yet

Dear Williamz Elvis,

I have investigated the case,

As per my investigation on the 3rd of February you received an email saying:

“Dear Valued Client,

We would like to hereby inform you that from your withdrawal request of USD 522,75.00 we were able to send back to your card(s) the amount of USD 199,00.00 since all your available card deposits processed within the refundable period allowed by our payment processors have been already refunded.

As for the remaining amount of USD 323,75.00 please kindly note that it has been credited back your trading account and you are kindly requested to submit a new withdrawal request choosing an alternative withdrawal method.”

After this email you tried to submit a withdrawal to a Webmoney account which was not under your name and our back office desk rejected the withdrawal and asked you to provide a Webmoney account which is in your name.

Bloemfontein, South Africa,
Jan 29, 2020,

XM more than 2 years with them then this s*** happens.

Look I don't know let me explain what happened then you guys tell me what you think.(I will just paste what I wrote to them with their responses)

Dear XM Team

I have been looking at what has happened and the timing thereof and something that really does not make logical sense, what follows is a breakdown of events:

On the 22/01/2020 at 08:16 and at 08:17 I placed 2 long orders on Gold which were successfully opened , shortly after that approximately 09:00 I noticed that MT4 bottom right connection status said "invalid account". I thought there was just a system problem with your servers so waited a couple of minutes thinking it would work soon.After a few minutes I decided to try and log in at xm.com , when trying that it said to me incorrect username or password. I then contacted live chat for the first time and chatted with Diana and explained what happened and that I can't log in to my account.She said I must use the correct password , in other words I am typing the incorrect password in.

Now my question , how was my password changed without this email

"Password Reset Request
Dear Valued Client,

We have received your request to reset your account password.

To proceed with resetting your password now, click here.

If you have not submitted a request to reset your password or you have any questions or concerns, please contact us directly by sending an email to support@xm.com.

*This is an automatically generated response, please do not reply to this email."

and also the following email :

"Password Changed
Dear Valued Client,

Your MT4/MT5 Account password has been successfully changed.

If the change of password was not carried out by you, or you have any questions or concerns, please contact us directly by sending an email to support@xm.com.

I received no such email between 08:16am and 11:00am UTC+2 and this is the period my password was changed hence the reason MT4 said invalid account and xm.com said incorrect username or password , because password had been changed.
These 2 emails I received at 12:48pm and 12:50pm when I myself changed the password in an attempt to secure my account.

So there it is how is that possible?

Regards
Terence

On Wed, 01/22/2020 02:58 PM, Compliance Department <compliance.department@xmglobal.com> wrote:

Dear Valued Client,

Further to your claim and concern that your trading account may have been compromised by an unauthorized third party, please note that as soon as we were informed, we immediately took the necessary course of action to prevent any unauthorized activity from taking place in your account (i.e., withdrawal requests, etc.).

Further to the above, we would like to draw your attention to the fact that, as per our Terms and Conditions of Business, you are obliged to keep your account numbers, usernames, passwords and other personal information strictly confidential. Furthermore, please note that our Company acts upon any instruction received via its online trading facility, as it considers in good faith that such instructions were provided by you.

We can assure you that the issue raised is thoroughly investigated by the relevant departments.

Kind Regards
XM Team
Compliance Department
t: +501 223-6696
e: compliance.department@xmglobal.com

The above is only part 1 of my part 2 to follow.

Reply by Chris Zacharia submitted Feb 6, 2020:
Dear GITrance,

I have read your review a few times and I don’t completely understand what you 100%.

I also did some internal investigation and below are my findings:

You reported to XM that someone hacked your account (my assumption is somebody managed to hack your email account).

Our compliance department noted the following to you:

“We highly urge you to change all passwords related to the accounts and devices you use to access your trading platform (i.e. pc / mobile devices / email address / trading accounts, etc.) also due to security reasons, you need to provide us with new unique email address that belong to you and clear selfie holding your Proof of Identity in order to be able to fully re-activate your trading account.”

As I said above, I don’t completely understand the case based on what you are explaining but as a general assumption if what you are asking is how could a hacker manage to change your password without you finding the “Change Email” in your inbox my logical assumption would be that if you were indeed compromised the hacker would delete the email after he made use of it.

Although it’s a menace being hacked or compromised I just wanted to add here that any hacker logging into your account at XM would not be able to withdraw funds to 3rd party accounts so as far as that chapter is concerned you are safe.

I will be awaiting your feedback so we can investigate this further.

Nirobi, Kenya,
Jan 28, 2020,

Orders closed at a manipulated spreads

I have been with xmglobal since the days of Trading Point of Financial Instruments. A client of 9years with account 15090, everything been well. Lately, they scammed me contributing to a loss which if it never occurred, the last time I send an email to them my orders could have been 120$ in profit. At around 23:00 server time, we know the spreads widen, but xm took advantage of the situation. They scammed me. I will post all orders in detail. I contacted them, they said my issue has been solved, I went further to write to compliance department and also they replied and taking long to solve my issues.
This broker is becoming a big scammer the moment they spotted to xmglobal.they are simply THIEVES. Becareful opening an account with them. Until they pay me or provide order book receipt from the liquidity provider who filled my orders, to me they still remain scammers. Newbies becareful otherwise you will be scammed. Am taking out of experience, been with them for 9years. Not a joke. ACCOUNT 15090.
Reply by Chris Zacharia submitted Feb 6, 2020:
Dear Albert Kyalo,

I have investigated your case, and before I continue further on, I hope you understand that coming to the FPA and labeling XM a scam for an amount of $20 is the least to say totally Absurd. I hope you understand that XM serving over 2.5 Million Clients has no benefit to “SCAM” any client either that’s $20 or $200,000.

As per my research you have already also filed a complaint regarding this matter for which our compliance desk has responded to you.

Below the email you have been sent by our compliance dept:

Dear Sir,

Kindly note that we have thoroughly reviewed the issue raised in your emails and we can confirm that your Sell orders 57940799, 57940621, 57940627, 57940962, 57941021 and 579409
account during the timeframe under question.

Particularly, there was a market movement (i.e., midnight hours/market opening hours) which was not in your favor, resulting in your margin level falling below the minimum required of 20% a
out mechanism starts by closing the most loss-making order every time the account has reached the stop-out phase.

For your better understanding, please note that, based on the journal file of your trading account as well as per our calculations, the available equity in your trading account at the time of stop out
that time was USD 18.4.

The latter means that your margin level was below the minimum required of 20% (i.e.,18.4%) and as such, your order was correctly stopped-out.

Due the fact that you are an old client of XM, the compliance department went a step further and offered to re-imburse your account with a 20USD gift.

Having said all the above I consider this case closed.

Is XM a good broker?

The best way to answer if XM a good broker is to read the unbiased traders reviews on Forex Peace Army. Please come back often as broker services are very dynamic and can improve or deteriorate rapidly.
Additionally, we recommend to check recent XM broker community discussions: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/community/tags/xmcom/

What is the minimum deposit for XM Broker?

XM brokers offers several account types. Micro and Standard accounts have a minimum deposit of $5. Other account types vary in their minimum deposit requirements by region.

How do I deposit money in to my XM broker?

XM's broker deposit procedure is fairly straightforward. Once the account is registered and approved, follow these simple steps:

• Login to XM broker members area.
  • Select the deposit method (Credit and Debit cards, Neteller, Bank Wire Transfer or other).
  • Select the XM account and specify the deposit amount.
  • Enter the appropriate payment details.
Funds availability depend on the funding method with card deposit being "instant". If you have any questions or problems contact XM broker live chat.

How long does it take to withdraw from XM?

XM broker says they process nearly all withdrawal requests within 24 business hours. Then it may take another 2-5 business days for the bank to process wire or for card transaction to be reflected in your account.
For faster XM withdrawal you may opt for the XM Card or e-wallet, these payments are received the same business day.

Can I withdraw XM bonus?

Profits made by trading XM bonuses are withdrawable. However, you can not withdraw XM bonus itself.
Check the terms and conditions of any bonus program before accepting a bonus.

How much can I withdraw from XM?

XM's minimum withdrawal amount is $5 for credit/debit cards and e-wallets and is $200 for the bank wire.
The maximum withdrawal amount from XM is determined by the payment method with Bank Wire limits being the highest.
Please be aware of the XM withdrawal priorities; if you deposited money with the credit card or e-wallet, then withdrawal is processed via the same method up to amount deposited before you are able to select other withdrawal methods.

Does XM allow scalping?

XM allows scalping as well as trading during time of increased volatility.
It is always a good idea to check fresh reviews on Forex Peace Army to see if traders recently encountered any serious problems with scalping using XM trading platforms.

What is XM zero account?

XM Zero accounts feature near-zero spreads (EURUSD average spread is as low as 0.1 pips) and a no requotes execution policy with all trading styles welcome.
The trade off is a broker commission of $7 per lot roundturn charged when opening the trade.
Some regions may have different account options.

Is XM a regulated broker?

XM broker is regulated by several government regulators:

• Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC), registration #443670;
  • Belize International Financial Services Commission (IFSC), registration #IFSC/60/354/TS/18;
  • Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC), registration #120/10.

Does XM charge commission?

XM broker offers several account types:

• Micro Account and Standard account are commission free
  • XM Zero account features ultra-thin spreads but charges commission of $7 per round lot traded payable at the order opening time
  • Some regions may have other account types

What is XM leverage?

XM offers flexible leverage from 1:1 to as high as 888:1 that can be instantly changed in your account members area.
Higher leverage allows to trade the borrowed capital which increases both the profit potential and the risk of loss. Some trading strategies like automated scalping may require high leverage while many professional traders do not use much leverage.
Please trade responsibly selecting the leverage based on your risk appetite and loss tolerance level. Some regions may only offer lower leverage.