XM Review

Trading Point of Financial Instruments

Updated: Jan 20, 2021 · XM.com  · Is this your company?

XM Group is a group of online brokers. XM Group offers the MT4, MT5 and WebTrader currency trading platforms. XM.com offers over 55 currency pairs and CFDs on stocks, metals, commodities, equity indices, and energies for your personal investment and trading options.

XM

Former websites of this broker include Trading-Point.com.

Other websites related to this company include XMTrading.com, PipAffiliates.com, XMArabia.net, XM.co.uk, XMSina.com.

Established: 2009
Address: 12 Richard & Verengaria Street, Araouzos Castle Court, 3rd Floor, 3042 Limassol, Cyprus
Contact: support@xm.com, +357 25029933
Regulators: ASIC #443670, IFSC #IFSC/60/354/TS/18, CySEC #120/10
CFD: (940+) Gold, Silver, Stocks, Stock Indexes, Oil, Other Commodities
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Neteller, Skrill
Withdrawal Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Neteller, Skrill

Join live discussion of XM.com on our forum

XM.com profile provided by Chris Zacharia, Mar 28, 2017

XM is a forex broker. XM offers the MetaTrader 5, MetaTrader 4 and Mobile global forex trading top platforms. XM.com offers over 55+ forex pairs, stocks,cfds, equities, indices, metals, and energies for your personal investment and trading options.

johari,
, Singapore,
Mar 16, 2013,

My account had been hacked...someone been trading my account and when i woke up my deposit is all gone...i have submit numerous email and i wonder how long it takes for my case to be solved...so dissapointed this happen to md

blaze132,
Okinawa, Japan,
May 20, 2013,

Sorry,the USDCAD was my mistake...I look at different quote...but still the trade GOLD short is still unsolved...

2013-05-191Star There is one more trade that had been spoiled by them...When I opened long on USDCAD @1.02973,it quickly reversed..and when I check the data window,the highest was only 1.02947....where did 1.02973 come from?? there couldn't be any mistake with the MT4 platform...Please,I need someone from FPA to look at this matter.Thanks

2013-05-18 1 Star Account no : 11116439..order no. :21359 short @1376.71,closed automatically without any warning @ 1379.67...

YOU BLAMED ME FOR CLOSING THE TRADE,BUT IT WAS YOU WHO DID IT,YOUR DEALING DESK WHO DID IT RIGHT?!

2013-05-16 1 Star I'd just been manipulated and I try to start an account with this broker,and I found out that there are some complaints so I would skip this broker out..thanks to oscar,prabu and others for highlighting this up....I lost too much of my money mainly to these manipulations.

Rebuttal: Added by Chris A. Zacharia on 2013-05-17
Dear blaze132,

You have left a claim on FPA below without sharing your MT4 ID.

We will be waiting for your follow up with your MT4 ID to take action and transparently present the full data of your claims.

Carol P. – Official Representative of XEMarkets (Trading Point of Financial Instruments Ltd).

Reply by Chris Zacharia submitted May 24, 2013:
Dear blaze132, In regards to your order number 21359 the request to close the order was received from the same IP address used to login to your platform, therefore you will need to check from your side whether an automated trading tool is placed or if someone has logged in to your account using your IP address. In regards to your complain about the USDCAD, the price that you checked from the chart shows the bid price only, whereas the price of 1.02973 is for the ask price. You claimed to open a long position however in fact you have opened a short position. Please bear in mind that sell positions are being opened on bid price and closed on ask price, in order to display live ask price line on your chart please right click on the chart window >>>properties >>>common tab >>> tick ?show ask line ?. In case of any further question regarding this or any other matter please kindly contact our support team which will gladly assist you with all the queries you may have. In regards to your GOLD trade we have already replied to you with the screenshots. Thank you Carol P. ? Official Representative of XEMarkets (Trading Point of Financial Instruments
Jun 3, 2011,

Chris A Zacharia, representative of Trading Point of Financial Instruments

Dear Mr. Norsaiful,

It is my understanding that the comments you pose further below, have been also posed to us in private some time ago, to which our compliance department and back office had explained the situation and had made perfectly clear our execution methodology here at trading point.

As always we pride ourselves in being fully transparent with our clients and as such we have placed the below comments in response to your review post further below:

In response to your pending orders, please note that we will always execute your orders at the best available market price.

We will not, however, execute your order at an off market price which we cannot ourselves obtain and hence cover your order at.

As we make our profit from the covering of our client’s positions (hence it is in our benefit for our clients to keep winning as then they will then trade more and in bigger volumes), it is important for us to be able to obtain a rate which is, at minimum, the same as your requested rate, so that we may make a profit from such an action.

For example, suppose that right before the news EURUSD is 1.4110 and you place a Buy Stop pending order at 1.4120. The market right after the news gaps to 1.4150.

Unavoidably you will get filled at 1.4150 where the market price is instead of 1.4120, as we ourselves must be able to cover our exposure, something which we cannot do at a price of 1.4120, as our liquidity providers also must cover their exposure etc.

As a broker we are here to make a profit from the spread, by covering our client’s position at a better price.

As such please be informed that we will not allow a client to create a scenario in which the broker is guaranteed to lose when covering their client’s trade (i.e. Cover the client at a worse price from our liquidity providers).

Furthermore, the video you sent us, we saw also from the ‘Navigator’ tab that you had in fact another account on the same platform, which, upon inspection, was not under your name.

Further to this there was NO PoA (Power of Attorney) with regards to allowing you to use such an account.

With regards to your withdrawal request made on the 12th of May 2011, please note that as your method of deposit (Credit Card) was not part of the CFT (Card Funds Transfer) Program, any excess amount (profit) that you attempted to withdraw, than the amount deposited, could not be sent back as per the conditions of your CC provider.

It is my understanding that this was made clear to you by our back office, within which email they requested that you supply us with bank transfer details to which we may send your excess amount to.

We received your bank details through an email on the 19th of May at 17:03 local time. Your withdrawal was processed the following day when the banks opened and you received a confirmation email.

In conclusion Mr. Norsaiful, we feel that your comments bear little weight, as we have promptly and transparently responded to the issue at hand in the past.

Furthermore, calling us liars when we are upfront and transparent with regards to our execution methodology and our practices is of lie in itself.

We have mentioned to you and have informed you of the ways in which we operate and in which we do not operate; if this is something that is suitable for you then you are more than welcome to join us.

Kind Regards,

Chris

Limasssol, Cyprus,
Aug 30, 2011,

Chris A. Zacharia Official Representative of Trading Point of Financial Instruments

Dear Alex, Khairul, Tim, Nadav and Artur,

Thank you for your comments and reviews. It gives us great joy reading your feedback. We thank you for choosing Trading Point

Dear Mr. Kumar,
As noted in the email which you received and posted below, your withdraw request was successfully processed and sent to you, I confirm that the funds should be with you till this time. We have sent you the confirmation as requested. If for any reason you have not received the funds until this day please feel free to contact us immediately.

Dear Greg,
I would say that after closely reviewing your case your review is at the least not fair at all.

Withdraw
In regards to your withdraw being complicated; you are a German citizen residing in Thailand which had requested a withdrawal to a bank account in Germany without providing the adequate paperwork for that request to be fulfilled as your source of funding was not made by that means.

Additionally please note that in the meantime you had filed for a withdraw request which you personally cancelled because you had decided to withdraw the funds to a different bank which you were obliged to provide documentation for.

Bonus
As noted in the relevant page of our website http://www.trading-point.com/forex-bonus and in the terms of use of the welcome bonus http://www.trading-point.com/download/docs/welcome-bonus.pdf it is 100% clear that welcome bonuses are deducted during a withdraw request.

In regards to EA’s
Ea’s are welcome and they are NOT in any case blocked on Real Accounts, your EA worked perfectly on your Demo Account as your Demo Account is configured to Mirror a Standard Account where your Real Account is a Micro Account and therefore an EA configured to work on a Demo Account which In reality is like a Standard Account will not work on a Micro as the instruments are listed differently.

Spreads
Our Spreads are transparently published on our website and are accessible from the Spreads page on the main website.

Chris A. Zacharia Official Representative of Trading Point

Qalyubia, Egypt,
Apr 6, 2019,

xm take my profits

I Deposited: 300 $ 4-4-2019 23:32:52
I make order buy eurusdmicro lot 50.00 5-4-2019 02:19:20
i end this order 5-4-2019 16:00:44
my profit is 69 : 50 $
xm is canceled my profit and send me message to terminate business relationship with me because i use bonus.
i do not use any bonus.
you can see this
my account number: 46026512
Password: Ahmed123456
Server: XMGlobal-Real 36

Reply by Chris Zacharia submitted Apr 8, 2019:
Dear forextreader2020,

You have violated the rules that you accepted when opening account with XM and, therefore, your account got terminated and may no longer trade with XM.

Please note that the money you have deposited with XM will be returned to you in full as your withdrawal request is completed.

Kind regards,
Abu,
KL, Malaysia,
Dec 22, 2016,

Stop it.

Please stop calling your clients to deposit funds into their accounst every other day. It's getting annoying!!!

XM is becoming like one of those Binary option scam site.

Viet Nam,
Feb 1, 2018,

Can't show profit/loss of open trade at specific time and past

My account number is 2316649
The ID of trade are: 49529888, 50116407,50116408, 50253921, 50258404

Jan 29, 2018 - 1 Star They cut half of my hedging trade in one night without my permission, only inform late that my equity drop below 20 percent at that time. So, I asked them to show my profit/loss of all my trade at that time. And they hide to answer it directly just promise that manager of my account will contact me within 24 hours. And now, after one week , they answer for it is "Please note that your account Manager will call you once available."

Reply by Chris Zacharia submitted Jan 31, 2018 Dear vanquang17,

In order to assist you, please leave here your account number and order number to which you were referring.

Reply by Chris Zacharia submitted Feb 8, 2018:
Dear vanquang17,

As explained by your account manager over the phone, the reason why your trades were automatically closed is that your equity level dropped below 20%.

We have not cut half of your hedging trade, your trades were automatically closed due to lack of equity to support your margin.

If you may need more information about leverage you can visit XM at this page -> https://www.xm.com/margin-and-leverage

Chris Zacharia,
Aug 2, 2012,

Chris A. Zacharia – Official Representative of XEMarkets (Trading Point of Financial Instruments Ltd.)

Dear Martin,

On Friday the following email had been sent to yourself and all customers affected from the failure of the feeds which caused non existing, non accurate and off quote pricing on our servers.

Please note that this incident has affected some accounts positively and some account negatively, which is why all trades had been nullified in order to maintain fairness and transparency across the border.

To be precise we have deleted trades, which were executed in that day (27/06/12) between 11:15 AM to 13:57 PM. not trades from all the week, since the prices in which you were executed during the mentioned timeframe were completely off-quotes and did not correspond to the real market prices. It is only natural that some people have been affected positively and some negatively.

The email sent to all customers affected was the following:
We thank you for choosing XEMARKETS (Trading Point) as your trusted broker.

This is a notification e-mail in regard to trades executed in your account with Trading Point earlier today between the following times 11:15 AM to 13:57 PM.

Please note that the price feeds received by us from our liquidity providers during these times were “off-market”, which caused the corresponding price quotes displayed on our Online Trading Facility not accurately to reflect the then current market rates.

Accordingly, in line with our terms and conditions of business, we have no other choice but to nullify the trades executed in your account between the stated times. It speaks for itself that this will not result in any loss of equity in your account.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to you and would like to offer you a trading credit in the amount of USD ______ as compensation for any discomfort caused as a result of the above.

We trust that you will find this matter to be in order, but please do not hesitate to let us know, should you have any further questions or should you need any further assistance in regard to this matter.
In order to track down all trades affected both in a negative or positive manner in an accurate way our MT4 technicians needed more than 1 hour, to spot and contain the situation with only the trades executed within mentioned time frame in which the off quote pricing occurred as stated in the e-mail (11:15 AM to 13:57 PM.)

The fact that Mrs. Munoz your account manager credited your account with a $1000 credit bonus was clearly a gesture of appreciation and your understanding of this case since the case was transparently explained to all customers affected in both a positive and negative manner.

Dec 19, 2012,

Chris A. Zacharia XEMarkets (Trading Point of Financial Instruments Ltd.)

Dear GladlamGONEfromXE,

Please note that your first withdrawal request placed on Friday 9th of November was processed on November 12 (within 1 working day). Your second withdrawal request placed on November 16th was processed on the same day within 5 hours.

We have provided you with ARN numbers of the mentioned transactions and confirmed with the issuer that your withdrawal was processed successfully.

In regards to your comment about our team not being punctual with following up with you; even after our senior account manager contacted you requesting more information about your issuing bank you never replied back with the required information but rather referred to forums to state your frustration. Our team followed up with your case even with no cooperation from your side.

In the meantime we received a notification form our PSP that your issuing bank reported you as “fraudulent” and as a licensed company and since we comply with EU regulations regarding fraudulent transactions, we have refunded all remaining transactions directly to your issuing bank and blocked your trading account.

Your complaint regarding the value of the charged swap was professionally addressed when our team provided you with full and accurate information on how to calculate the swaps as our swaps are transparently posted on our website under http://www.xemarkets.com/spreads

The use of the word scam is not allowed in that case especially that your money has been returned back to your account and processed since November.

We strictly advise that you refer to your bank in order to check on the status of your blocked funds as XEM returned all your funds in accordance with our compliance regulations. We are ready to provide you with all relevant correspondents.

Additionally to maintain transparency please follow up with your bank’s response on the forex peace army.

Chris A. Zacharia XEMarkets (Trading Point of Financial Instruments Ltd.)

Mark,
Indonesia,
Aug 12, 2011,

I ve got similar e-mail such as Light, Singapore. Here is my review for other sites :
----------------------
I received an e-mail from the broker stating that I got a no-deposit bonus of $ 20 if sign up through that link. I have registered and wait for more than 72 hours but the bonus does not appear in my account. I purposely did not contact them because I want to prove that the bonus is automatically reflected in 24-48 hours. Apparently the promotion is a lie.

Here is part of e-mail :

"Register a real account here, and allow 24-48 hours for the $ 20 credit to Appear in your new trading account. That only account have been registered by following the links in this exclusive mailers Will qualify for the $ 20 No Deposit Bonus as this is an exclusive offer limited circulation."
------------------------------------
and the answer is similar too, hahaha, they use tricky promotion.
Hahahaha it shows that they are not honest broker .... they have no money to make a good promotional stuff or adv.
If they use third party to make such e-mail promotion, tell that party that no-deposit bonus no longer valid, but they dont hahahaha.
But, anyway thanks for the e-mail, so it has proved what such broker is.

Is XM a good broker?

The best way to answer if XM is a good broker is to read the unbiased traders reviews on Forex Peace Army. https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-reviews/7214/xm-forex-brokers.

Additionally, we recommend to check recent XM broker community discussions: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/community/tags/xmcom/

What is the minimum deposit for XM Broker?

XM brokers offers several account types. Micro and Standard accounts have a minimum deposit of $5. Other account types vary in their minimum deposit requirements by region.

How do I deposit money in to my XM broker?

XM's broker deposit procedure is fairly straightforward. Once the account is registered and approved, follow these simple steps:

• Login to XM broker members area.
  • Select the deposit method (Credit and Debit cards, Neteller, Bank Wire Transfer or other).
  • Select the XM account and specify the deposit amount.
  • Enter the appropriate payment details.
Funds availability depend on the funding method, with card deposit being "instant". If you have any questions or problems contact XM broker live chat.

How long does it take to withdraw from XM?

XM broker says they process nearly all withdrawal requests within 24 business hours.

Then it may take another 2-5 business days for the bank to process wire or for card transaction to be reflected in your account.

For faster XM withdrawal you may opt for the XM Card or e-wallet, these payments are received the same business day.

Can I withdraw XM bonus?

Profits made by trading XM bonuses are withdrawable. However, you can not withdraw XM bonus itself.

Check the terms and conditions of any bonus program before accepting a bonus.

How much can I withdraw from XM?

XM's minimum withdrawal amount is $5 for credit/debit cards and e-wallets and is $200 for the bank wire.

The maximum withdrawal amount from XM is determined by the payment method with Bank Wire limits being the highest.

Please be aware of the XM withdrawal priorities, if you deposited money with the credit card or e-wallet, then withdrawal is processed via the same method up to amount deposited before you are able to select other withdrawal methods.

Does XM allow scalping?

XM allows scalping as well as trading during time of increased volatility.

It is always a good idea to check fresh reviews on Forex Peace Army to see if traders recently encountered any serious problems with scalping using XM trading platforms.

What is XM zero account?

XM Zero accounts feature near-zero spreads (EURUSD average spread is as low as 0.1 pips) and a no requotes execution policy with all trading styles welcome.

The trade off is a broker commission of $7 per lot round turn charged when opening the trade.

Some regions may have different account options.

Is XM a regulated broker?

XM broker is regulated by several government regulators:

• Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC), registration #443670;
  • Belize International Financial Services Commission (IFSC), registration #IFSC/60/354/TS/18;
  • Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC), registration #120/10.

Does XM charge commission?

XM broker offers several account types:

• Micro Account and Standard account are commission free
  • XM Zero account features ultra-thin spreads but charges commission of $7 per round lot traded payable at the order opening time
  • Some regions may have other account types

What is XM leverage?

XM offers flexible leverage from 1:1 to as high as 888:1 that can be instantly changed in your account members area.

Higher leverage allows to trade the borrowed capital which increases both the profit potential and the risk of loss.

Some trading strategies like automated scalping may require high leverage while many professional traders do not use much leverage.

Please trade responsibly selecting the leverage based on your risk appetite and loss tolerance level. Some regions may only offer lower leverage.