FXCM.com Review Visit site

Updated: Mar 30, 2020
February 6, 2017:  FXCM fined $7 million by the CFTC for defrauding retail forex customers.  FXCM to deregister from the CFTC. CLICK HERE to read and discuss the CFTC announcement.
August 18th, 2016.  The CFTC has filed charges against FXCM related to undercapitalization during the SNB-CHF crisis of January 2015.  One of the charges is that FXCM guanteed client accounts against negative balances.  Evidently, this form of client protection is against CFTC rules. CLICK HERE to verify.

February 26, 2014:  FXCM.uk fined by the FCA. Click here to read about it in the FPA's forums, along with FXCM's response.

October 3rd, 2011:  FXCM fined by the CFTC. Click here to read about it in the FPA's forums, along with FXCM's response.

About FXCM.com

FXCM is a forex broker. FXCM offers the MetaTrader4, Trading Station, Ninja Trader, and Zulu Trade top forex trading platforms. FXCM.com offers over 35 forex currency pairs, cfds, index, gold, silver, oil, bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies for your personal investment and trading options.

Minimum Trade Size:0.01
Regulators: ASIC #AFSL 309763, BaFIN #122556, FSCA #46534, FCA #217689
Trading platforms:MT4, NinjaTrader, FXCM Trading Station
Currencies:(35+)
Cryptocurrencies:(3) Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum
CFD:(25+) Gold, Silver, Other Precious Metals, Stock Indexes, Oil, Other Commodities
ZuluTrade: Yes
Deposit Methods:Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Neteller, Skrill
Withdrawal Methods:Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Neteller, Skrill

Join live discussion of FXCM.com on our forum

FXCM.com profile provided by FXCMAffiliate, Mar 20, 2020

FXCM is a leading provider of online foreign exchange (FX) trading, CFD trading, spread betting and related services. Founded in 1999, the company's mission is to provide global traders with access to the world's largest and most liquid market by offering innovative trading tools, hiring excellent trading educators, meeting strict financial standards and striving for the best online trading experience in the market. Clients have the advantage of mobile trading, one-click order execution and trading from real-time charts. In addition, FXCM offers educational courses on FX trading and provides trading tools, proprietary data and premium resources. FXCM Pro provides retail brokers, small hedge funds and emerging market banks access to wholesale execution and liquidity, while providing high and medium frequency funds access to prime brokerage services via FXCM Prime. FXCM is a Leucadia Company.

south sulawesi, Indonesia,
Feb 22, 2020,

excellent broker

Excellent, I've never had problems withdrawing funds, everything works very well with its original Marketscope 2.0 platform, it's super complete and very efficient.
They don't have limitation for pending orders too. Excellent broker

Jakarta, Indonesia,
Feb 1, 2020,

Very slow service

service to the promised bonus takes a very long time, 5 working days. withdrawal of funds 2-5 working days via skrill. and execution of trading reqoute.

wasting too much time trading on this broker.
Essex, United Kingdom,
Jan 11, 2020,

Disappointing, unprofessional

I have traded with FXCM for almost 15 years and although there have been a few issues, overall they have been good. I have traded almost every day in that time and have not experienced the issue that happened on 2nd January 2019.

I placed a trade on the NZD/JPY at the price that was displaying on the FXCM trading station platform. I noticed nothing happened and it went into pending. I then check ed the charts to see that the price was vastly different to that which the trading station was reading, something like an 80 pip difference, I tried several times to cancel the trade whilst it was pending, but the system would not do that.

I contacted FXCM after and they declined to pay me back citing 'gapping'. That was not my understanding of this as the trading station [rice was frozen and I was not to know that this was not the current price.

Being such a long time client I was really disappointed with their attitude. I have recommended 6 others to the company over the years as I have always trusted them, but the way they dealt with this issue was really poor.

Nov 29, 2019,

Bad Operations team and Customer Service

Deposit money to this broker. Instantly deducted in my bank. But never appeared in my fxcm account. I ask many times to their customer service if I need to send a document since I’m not active with them approximately 1 year. They said No need.

After 3 days not appeared on my account. I send and email and also contact their team to cancel my deposit... almost 1 week. My money is not refunded.

Which authority should I report regarding this matter. I already open others broker which I already start to trade.
Munich, Germany,
Nov 20, 2019,

Good platform and quick execution

I have been trading live with FXCM for about two years now. Execution is fine and platform very stable. There were also no issues with withdrawals or deposited. I only needed customer support a very few times. My questions have been answered within one day.

burhan,
jakarta, Indonesia (Really FCXM's offices in the USA),
Oct 23, 2019,

Broker untuk orang indonesia yang berpengalaman trading

Trading di FXCM sudah lama, dan merasakan kepuasaan yang berbeda dengan broker lain. Dimaa tdk batasan trading. Live chat, email semua dibales secepat mungkin dan professional sekali. Tidak banyak bonus yang engga engga.

4 Star rating removed.  This review came from FXCM's offices in the USA.

Per FPA policy, the rating on this review has been set to Zero stars.
Gulf, Qatar,
Sep 16, 2019,

very good broker and an excellent customer service

dear all greeting,
i do respect all the opinions about this company even the negative ones, but in fact my experience was and still very good with them. my first account was in 2011 (UK Branch) and since then i leave for year or more and come back to the same company many times with ease. i lost money many time but it was my fault and lack of experience ( notice it was easy to blame them!!).
i even recommended this broker to many friends of mine and no one faced any difficulties to withdrawal or even close their accounts.
right now Sydney branch hold my account for almost one year ( because i live in Gulf Area )and they are very supportive, easy to deposit and withdrawal or transfer money between my accounts accounts.
i wish all of you good trading and thanx FXCM.
and
Abd,
England, United Kingdom,
Sep 2, 2019,

Bad customer care service

very bad customer care service,,,, took them two weeks to reply to my email to switch my account to swap free account... so I decided not trade from the begining
Evaton West, South Africa,
Jun 27, 2019,

Very bad broker, actually a proffessional scammer

I deposited 300$ into fxcm, I opened one trade then it was closed once at profit, surprisingly my account decreased instead of increased balance. I tried to withdraw the rest of my balance which was above 200$ it declined then I was able to withdraw 110$ which they wrote me an email saying it's a pending approval from march until today.
I send them emails regarding my complaint thy didn't respond until today.

Very cruel broker
Jun 3, 2019,

Deposit issue, terrible customer support, scam, stealing money system

I have made a deposit of $1000 when my usable margin dropped to 50% in order to avoid margin call by credit card. Normally it will appear in my account immediately due to FXCM website. However, this time it has never come. When I contacted FXCM customer support, they informed me that the new system will take few hours to 1 day for the fund to come, which hasn't been informed on the website nor email.

After that, they kept transferring me around and promised to ask the operation team to expedite my deposit. Firstly, it was 20 mins, then another 30 mins and by the time writing this complain, the fund has never showed in my account. They even lied to my that "the operations are doing the expedite for me manually" and "the fund will arrive now", but then saying they couldn't find my deposit in the system after several hours waiting. After all, no one knows where is my deposit and when it will arrive. This has led to the margin call and lost of $3000. If they didn't lie to me, I would have closed my trades earlier and limit my losses. Now I have lost nearly all my equity, the opportunity cost and been very frustrating with this unreliable service.