FXCM Review

Updated: Oct 28, 2020 · FXCM.com  · Is this your company?

FXCM is a forex broker. FXCM offers the MetaTrader4, Trading Station, Ninja Trader, and Zulu Trade top forex trading platforms. FXCM.com offers over 35 forex currency pairs, cfds, index, gold, silver, oil, bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies for your personal investment and trading options.

FXCM
February 6, 2017:  FXCM was fined $7 million by the CFTC for defrauding retail forex customers.  FXCM to deregister from the CFTC. CLICK HERE to read and discuss the CFTC announcement.
August 18th, 2016.  The CFTC has filed charges against FXCM related to undercapitalization during the SNB-CHF crisis of January 2015.  One of the charges is that FXCM guanteed client accounts against negative balances.  Evidently, this form of client protection is against CFTC rules. CLICK HERE to verify.

February 26, 2014:  FXCM.uk fined by the FCA. Click here to read about it in the FPA's forums, along with FXCM's response.

October 3rd, 2011:  FXCM fined by the CFTC. Click here to read about it in the FPA's forums, along with FXCM's response.

Established: 1999
Address: 20 Gresham Street, 4th Floor, London EC2V 7JE, United Kingdom
Contact: info@fxcm.co.uk, +44 20 7398 4050
Regulators: ASIC #AFSL 309763, FSCA #46534, FCA #217689
Trading platforms: MT4, NinjaTrader, FXCM Trading Station
Cryptocurrencies: (3) Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum
CFD: (25+) Gold, Silver, Other Precious Metals, Stock Indexes, Oil, Other Commodities
ZuluTrade: Yes
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Neteller, Skrill
Withdrawal Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Neteller, Skrill

Join live discussion of FXCM.com on our forum

FXCM.com profile provided by FXCMAffiliate, Mar 20, 2020

FXCM is a leading provider of online foreign exchange (FX) trading, CFD trading, spread betting and related services. Founded in 1999, the company's mission is to provide global traders with access to the world's largest and most liquid market by offering innovative trading tools, hiring excellent trading educators, meeting strict financial standards and striving for the best online trading experience in the market. Clients have the advantage of mobile trading, one-click order execution and trading from real-time charts. In addition, FXCM offers educational courses on FX trading and provides trading tools, proprietary data and premium resources. FXCM Pro provides retail brokers, small hedge funds and emerging market banks access to wholesale execution and liquidity, while providing high and medium frequency funds access to prime brokerage services via FXCM Prime. FXCM is a Leucadia Company.

Munich, Germany,
Nov 20, 2019,

Good platform and quick execution

I have been trading live with FXCM for about two years now. Execution is fine and platform very stable. There were also no issues with withdrawals or deposited. I only needed customer support a very few times. My questions have been answered within one day.
burhan,
jakarta, Indonesia (Really FCXM's offices in the USA),
Oct 23, 2019,

Broker untuk orang indonesia yang berpengalaman trading

Trading di FXCM sudah lama, dan merasakan kepuasaan yang berbeda dengan broker lain. Dimaa tdk batasan trading. Live chat, email semua dibales secepat mungkin dan professional sekali. Tidak banyak bonus yang engga engga.

4 Star rating removed.  This review came from FXCM's offices in the USA.

Per FPA policy, the rating on this review has been set to Zero stars.
Gulf, Qatar,
Sep 16, 2019,

very good broker and an excellent customer service

dear all greeting,
i do respect all the opinions about this company even the negative ones, but in fact my experience was and still very good with them. my first account was in 2011 (UK Branch) and since then i leave for year or more and come back to the same company many times with ease. i lost money many time but it was my fault and lack of experience ( notice it was easy to blame them!!).
i even recommended this broker to many friends of mine and no one faced any difficulties to withdrawal or even close their accounts.
right now Sydney branch hold my account for almost one year ( because i live in Gulf Area )and they are very supportive, easy to deposit and withdrawal or transfer money between my accounts accounts.
i wish all of you good trading and thanx FXCM.
and
Abd,
England, United Kingdom,
Sep 2, 2019,

Bad customer care service

very bad customer care service,,,, took them two weeks to reply to my email to switch my account to swap free account... so I decided not trade from the begining
Evaton West, South Africa,
Jun 27, 2019,

Very bad broker, actually a proffessional scammer

I deposited 300$ into fxcm, I opened one trade then it was closed once at profit, surprisingly my account decreased instead of increased balance. I tried to withdraw the rest of my balance which was above 200$ it declined then I was able to withdraw 110$ which they wrote me an email saying it's a pending approval from march until today.
I send them emails regarding my complaint thy didn't respond until today.

Very cruel broker
Jun 3, 2019,

Deposit issue, terrible customer support, scam, stealing money system

I have made a deposit of $1000 when my usable margin dropped to 50% in order to avoid margin call by credit card. Normally it will appear in my account immediately due to FXCM website. However, this time it has never come. When I contacted FXCM customer support, they informed me that the new system will take few hours to 1 day for the fund to come, which hasn't been informed on the website nor email.

After that, they kept transferring me around and promised to ask the operation team to expedite my deposit. Firstly, it was 20 mins, then another 30 mins and by the time writing this complain, the fund has never showed in my account. They even lied to my that "the operations are doing the expedite for me manually" and "the fund will arrive now", but then saying they couldn't find my deposit in the system after several hours waiting. After all, no one knows where is my deposit and when it will arrive. This has led to the margin call and lost of $3000. If they didn't lie to me, I would have closed my trades earlier and limit my losses. Now I have lost nearly all my equity, the opportunity cost and been very frustrating with this unreliable service.
Castro, Brazil,
Apr 2, 2019,

Money stuck

My account is still locked since my first deposit, nobody replies my emails, I want my money back
Pakistan,
Mar 22, 2019,

$50K Stuck // Terrible Experience//

Terrible Experience, Terribly lazy support

I have over $50,000 ($50K) stuck with FXCM. Four issues here:

1- I made deposits via wire transfer and now upon withdrawal, they are refusing to send funds back to my bank account. They keep asking for docs and I have provided each and everything (bank statements, deposit receipts)

2- They forced me to take a withdrawal via Skrill. I had to make an internal transfer of funds from AUD account to USD account and they charged a fee of over $375. Why should I pay this fee, I don't even want to withdraw funds in Skrill as it's extremely expensive.

3 - My funds are stuck there for more than a month now and I can't trade them, I should have made over 10/15% profit on them. Who is responsible for this loss?

4- Their support is weird. Different guys call and ask the same info and then there's no progress on the issue.

Fellas, take this review seriously, it's over $50,000 we are speaking about right now no $50 or $500.

I hope they refund my funds and compensate me for the loss.
France,
Feb 3, 2019,

Don't trade EVER there

This coompany is as bad as its soound. I lost more than 40K with them they never refund me. Don't deposit or trde there you'll loose big time;
India,
Jan 27, 2019,

My account no is96067844 i opened account in mid 2017 and there are ups and downs in my trading and i do some withdrawal. I deposited through Skrill and withdraw through Skrill but now i deposited through Skrill 50$ because of Skrill not verified my account so that FXCM not accepting my deposit. And top of that fxcm asking me proof of my income and nature of my business, so as a seaman i given my seaman book and last ship sign on and sign off details, but they rejected this document because this is not proof of my business, And asking my utilities i have only electicity bill in my name but in my regional language, hello fxcm can u accept that? Instead of that I submitted my last month bank statement, Don’t you enough? And reply when I send email in clear way, oh my god online chat it is irritating those guys are half boil.....

How good is FXCM?

Unbiased traders reviews on ForexPeaceArmy is the best way to answer how FXCM is doing as a forex broker. https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-reviews/78/fxcm-forex-broker

Additionally, we'd recommend to check recent FXCM community discussions: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/community/tags/fxcm/

How do I open FXCM account?

Opening an account with FXCM takes 3 main steps:

• Select your country of residence and desired trading platform to get started.
  • You will then be directed to FXCM server to complete the online application.
  • Log in to the MyFXCM client portal, deposit funds, and start trading.

What is FXCM?

FXCM is an online forex broker. FXCM offers access to trade following assets on MetaTrader 4 and Trading Station.

• Forex
  • Shares
  • Indices
  • Commodities
  • Crypto

Is FXCM regulated?

FXCM Group is a holding company of Forex Capital Markets Limited, and regulated in 3 countries.

• Forex Capital Markets Limited ("FXCM LTD") is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) with registration number 217689.
  • FXCM Australia Pty. Limited ("FXCM AU") is regulated by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (AISC), AFSL 309763.
  • FXCM South Africa (PTY) Ltd Ltd is an authorized Financial Services Provider and is regulated by the Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSC) under registration number 46534.

Why did FXCM get banned?

On February 6, 2017, FXCM was banned from operating in the U.S. after the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) found the retail currency broker had defrauded their retail forex customers.

CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage.
74.74% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with FXCM.
You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.