FXCM Review

Updated: May 9, 2022 · FXCM.com  · Is this your company?

FXCM is a forex broker. FXCM offers the MetaTrader4, Trading Station, Ninja Trader, and Zulu Trade top forex trading platforms. FXCM.com offers over 35 forex currency pairs, cfds, index, gold, silver, oil, bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies for your personal investment and trading options.

FXCM
February 6, 2017:  FXCM was fined $7 million by the CFTC for defrauding retail forex customers.  FXCM to deregister from the CFTC. CLICK HERE to read and discuss the CFTC announcement.
August 18th, 2016.  The CFTC has filed charges against FXCM related to undercapitalization during the SNB-CHF crisis of January 2015.  One of the charges is that FXCM guanteed client accounts against negative balances.  Evidently, this form of client protection is against CFTC rules. CLICK HERE to verify.

February 26, 2014:  FXCM.uk fined by the FCA. Click here to read about it in the FPA's forums, along with FXCM's response.

October 3rd, 2011:  FXCM fined by the CFTC. Click here to read about it in the FPA's forums, along with FXCM's response.

Related sites include FXCM-Markets.com, FXCMBullion.com.

Minimum Deposit: $50
Mobile Trading: ✅ Yes
ECN: ✅ Yes

Trading Instruments

Cryptocurrencies: (3) Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum
CFD: (25+) Gold, Silver, Other Precious Metals, Stock Indexes, Oil, Other Commodities

Trading Conditions

EAs/Robots: ✅ Yes
News Spike Trading: ✅ Yes
Scalping: ✅ Yes

Managed Accounts & Social Trading

ZuluTrade: ✅ Yes
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire (Bank Transfer), VISA, MasterCard, Neteller, Skrill
Withdrawal Methods: Bank Wire (Bank Transfer), VISA, MasterCard, Neteller, Skrill

Join live discussion of FXCM.com on our forum

FXCM.com profile provided by FXCMAffiliate, Mar 20, 2020

FXCM is a leading provider of online foreign exchange (FX) trading, CFD trading, spread betting and related services. Founded in 1999, the company's mission is to provide global traders with access to the world's largest and most liquid market by offering innovative trading tools, hiring excellent trading educators, meeting strict financial standards and striving for the best online trading experience in the market. Clients have the advantage of mobile trading, one-click order execution and trading from real-time charts. In addition, FXCM offers educational courses on FX trading and provides trading tools, proprietary data and premium resources. FXCM Pro provides retail brokers, small hedge funds and emerging market banks access to wholesale execution and liquidity, while providing high and medium frequency funds access to prime brokerage services via FXCM Prime. FXCM is a Leucadia Company.

Jun 3, 2019,

Deposit issue, terrible customer support, scam, stealing money system

I have made a deposit of $1000 when my usable margin dropped to 50% in order to avoid margin call by credit card. Normally it will appear in my account immediately due to FXCM website. However, this time it has never come. When I contacted FXCM customer support, they informed me that the new system will take few hours to 1 day for the fund to come, which hasn't been informed on the website nor email.

After that, they kept transferring me around and promised to ask the operation team to expedite my deposit. Firstly, it was 20 mins, then another 30 mins and by the time writing this complain, the fund has never showed in my account. They even lied to my that "the operations are doing the expedite for me manually" and "the fund will arrive now", but then saying they couldn't find my deposit in the system after several hours waiting. After all, no one knows where is my deposit and when it will arrive. This has led to the margin call and lost of $3000. If they didn't lie to me, I would have closed my trades earlier and limit my losses. Now I have lost nearly all my equity, the opportunity cost and been very frustrating with this unreliable service.
Castro, Brazil,
Apr 2, 2019,

Money stuck

My account is still locked since my first deposit, nobody replies my emails, I want my money back
France,
Feb 3, 2019,

Don't trade EVER there

This coompany is as bad as its soound. I lost more than 40K with them they never refund me. Don't deposit or trde there you'll loose big time;
India,
Jan 27, 2019,

My account no is96067844 i opened account in mid 2017 and there are ups and downs in my trading and i do some withdrawal. I deposited through Skrill and withdraw through Skrill but now i deposited through Skrill 50$ because of Skrill not verified my account so that FXCM not accepting my deposit. And top of that fxcm asking me proof of my income and nature of my business, so as a seaman i given my seaman book and last ship sign on and sign off details, but they rejected this document because this is not proof of my business, And asking my utilities i have only electicity bill in my name but in my regional language, hello fxcm can u accept that? Instead of that I submitted my last month bank statement, Don’t you enough? And reply when I send email in clear way, oh my god online chat it is irritating those guys are half boil.....
Caracas, Venezuela,
Jan 4, 2019,

Excelente

Excellent, I've been a client for 6 years and I've never had problems withdrawing funds, everything works very well with its original Marketscope 2.0 platform, it's super complete and very efficient.

Excelente, soy cliente desde hace 6 años y nunca he tenido problemas para retirar fondos, todo funciona muy bien con su plataforma original Marketscope 2.0, es super completa y muy eficiente.

Reply by Jason Rogers submitted Jan 7, 2019:
Hello jcarmelos,

Happy new year and thank you for your continued support.

FXCM
Morocco,
Nov 12, 2018,

Hi i trade with fxcm close to 1 year now ! everything good ! one thing i don't like with fxcm is withdrawal time take between 2 days and 5 days that just to much !
i hope fxcm make withdrawal time faster

Reply by Jason Rogers submitted Dec 14, 2018:
Hello rachidramhi,

Thanks for trading with FXCM and I'm happy to hear everything is going well.

Your feedback is also appreciated. Withdrawals are typically processed within 1-2 business days and the amount of time it takes to arrive in your account can vary by bank processing times. For example, domestic wires take approximately one to two business days and international wires can take three to five business days to arrive. However, I will relay this feedback to our management team as we are always looking to improve our services to make your experience even better.

Wishing you an early happy new year!

New Hampshire, USA,
Nov 5, 2018,

Bad broker and has terrible trading conditions..
Stay away everybody is staying away from them here in the USA.
FXCM has not accepted US clients since February 2017.
Reply by Jason Rogers submitted Nov 12, 2018:
Hi eresic,

While you may not be familiar with FXCM's trading conditions, we release execution stats on a monthly basis. The latest was released on Friday which can be found here https://docs.fxcorporate.com/october-execution-release.pdf

Highlights from October 2018 indicate that
- 64.2% of orders executed at price requested
- 24.3% of orders executed with positive slippage
- 11.4% of orders executed with negative slippage

Client trades here cover stop, limit, “at market”, and entry orders. Certain non-direct clients are excluded from the data. Limit and limit entry orders would only execute at the requested price or better and cannot receive negative slippage. Price improvements are subject to available liquidity.

During the month of October, the SPX500 had an average effective spread of 0.3 and GER30 of 1.2 for active trader spreads. Spread data for additional symbols can be found in the October release https://docs.fxcorporate.com/october-execution-release.pdf. This data is compiled forex and CFD trading data from FXCM’s Active Traders for 1 October, 2018 to 31 October, 2018.
The data reflects the spread at which trades were executed by FXCM clients during all trading hours.

The trading experience at FXCM for our traders is a top priority for us which is why we are very transparent with the monthly data release.

Jason

78.58% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
Cambodia,
Oct 10, 2018,

I place positions JPN225 for 100 on 9/24/2018 till 10/04/2018, I just realized fxcm charge me $140.04 for dividend, Uk100 for 20 on 08/03/3018 till 08/15/2018 they also charge me $50.49 for dividend, I contacted they, they said it charge from other JPN225 and UK100. i ask them, how can I know when and how much they will charge for it, They just told me they absolutely has no idea about this. That's really no responsibility.
Reply by Jason Rogers submitted Oct 22, 2018:
Hello elviesjo,

Thank you for trading with FXCM, and we believe it is important that clients know beforehand when dividends will occur for stock indices and how significant the dividends may be. A dividend calendar is located on our website that lists when a dividend occurs for stock indices and if the dividend amount may be larger than normal. The dividend calendar is found here http://help.fxcm.com/uk/Product-Guide/Overview/CFD-Trading/889323311/What-are-the-upcoming-dividends-for-FXCM-s-Index-CFDs.htm . While the exact dividend amount cannot be listed ahead of time because it is proprietary information from a third party and cannot be released prior to the index issuing a dividend, we do provide you with a range based on the past 12 months of dividend data to help you decide whether you want to keep the positions open or close the positions to avoid earning or paying dividends.
Malaysia,
Sep 6, 2018,

I had requesting an IB commission fee transfer to my trading account for few times, 92022107, but there is still no reply from FXCM site.
Reply by Jason Rogers submitted Sep 11, 2018:
Hi jscheok,

Our support team is available by live chat 24 hours a day to help check the status of any requests http://bit.ly/FXCM_Live_Chat

Obediah,
North Enland, United Kingdom,
Aug 20, 2018,

What's the problem?

Every once in a while I check out other brokers just for curiosity and their review's always make bad reading. I've been with this broker for the best part of a decade, so as a kind of control I come back here for comparison just to give some perspective from a broker I have had nothing but good service from. After dozens of in/out transactions without a glitch I honestly cannot see the basis for all these complaints. I suspect that a lot of these - I was stopped out unfairly stories - relate to people leveraging large % of their accounts to steal a few pips. We all know (or should) that spreads can and do momentarily widen quickly and without warning, experience shows that this style of close to the edge trading usually ends in tears. When losing money, the hardest person to blame is yourself. A longer term style whilst not giving that instant gratification usually works overall.
To sum up. Unless there is another FXCM I don’t know about, many of these reviews are very misleading…

Reply by Jason Rogers submitted Sep 7, 2018:
Thanks for trading with FXCM. Our goal is to provide the best forex and CFD services in the industry, and your feedback is very important to us!

How good is FXCM?

Unbiased traders reviews on ForexPeaceArmy is the best way to answer how FXCM is doing as a forex broker. https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-reviews/78/fxcm-forex-broker

Additionally, we'd recommend to check recent FXCM community discussions: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/community/tags/fxcm/

How do I open FXCM account?

Opening an account with FXCM takes 3 main steps:

• Select your country of residence and desired trading platform to get started.
  • You will then be directed to FXCM server to complete the online application.
  • Log in to the MyFXCM client portal, deposit funds, and start trading.

What is FXCM?

FXCM is an online forex broker. FXCM offers access to trade following assets on MetaTrader 4 and Trading Station.

• Forex
  • Shares
  • Indices
  • Commodities
  • Crypto

Is FXCM regulated?

FXCM Group is a holding company of Forex Capital Markets Limited, and regulated in 3 countries.

• Forex Capital Markets Limited ("FXCM LTD") is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) with registration number 217689.
  • FXCM Australia Pty. Limited ("FXCM AU") is regulated by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (AISC), AFSL 309763.
  • FXCM South Africa (PTY) Ltd Ltd is an authorized Financial Services Provider and is regulated by the Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSC) under registration number 46534.

Why did FXCM get banned?

On February 6, 2017, FXCM was banned from operating in the U.S. after the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) found the retail currency broker had defrauded their retail forex customers.

CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage.
74.74% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with FXCM.
You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.