TradersAcademyClub.com Review

Vladimir Ribakov

Formerly VladimirForexSignals.com

Updated: Sep 25, 2020 · Visit site  · Is this your company?
TradersAcademyClub.com

Join live discussion of TradersAcademyClub.com on our forum

Wes,
Vancouver, Canada,
May 14, 2013,

Hi Again. This is an update to my Oct 18, 2012 review.
Sorry my last post was one massive paragraph.

I have a much deeper understanding of Vlad's trading system as I have been using it since Sept. 2012.

Overall his service is profitable but not perfect.

Unfortunately I am downgrading his service to GOOD instead of excellent for a few key reasons.

Here is a summary of key points I have learned.

1. I use his regular signal service of FX pairs only (no indices or commodities and not investor style, live trading room, or guest trader signals). This costs me about $100. USD for signal trade automation. If you want to execute the signals yourself you can get it for $80. I think. There is also a VIP service for $127. but that is for hardcore traders who want to participate in live trading room and learn his trading style to trade themselves. I have no time to trade (and burnt out from many years of trying) and just want automation!!!! (yes I am lazy and greedy:)

2. Yes I love the service. It works and it makes a lot of pips per month. My calculations show he has averaged over 200 pips every month since he started the service in June 2011. I documented and analyzed every single trade he reports on his website.

3. I only trade his regular service because I did not see the same high quality results from his other signals. All of the trades I have taken since Sep. 2012 have been documented accurately on his website EXCEPT he organizes his results page by ENTRY date not exit date. So you have to backtrack to find a trade that has eventually been liquidated.

4. Beware of trading with too much RISK. Even though his profits are extremely consistent I made a big mistake. I started with a $2000.USD account with ThinkForex using an auto-trading platform called "MIRROR TRADER" which totally automates the copying and trading from Vlad's signals to my account.

- Because of growing confidence in his consistent results I went from risking 1 mini lot (10,000) per $1000. of account balance to 1 mini lot per $500-$750 of account balance. Then I learned a hard lesson about his trading style:

-Vlad doesn't always exit his losing trades - he hangs on to some of them. He doesn't do it often but when I traded with higher risk I got stung with the EURGBP pairs. He opened 2 positions and they went against me until my broker liquidated both positions which wiped out my account.

-I thought I should quit trading for a while and re-evaluate but I added another $2000. dollars and kept going with faith he would make it all back. Which he did!!!!

- as of this date (May 14, 2013) Vlad is currently holding 4 long term trades. The oldest is the EURAUD going back to Aug 29, 2012 which is down about 600 pips currently. My last calculation (several weeks ago) showed he was down about 1280 pips total on all 4 positions. I was hit by some of them even though one of them eventually turned around for a profit.

- so you better be trading with low risk as you could be holding some positions for a long time. The only upside to this is that he continues to trade the same currency pair many times if there are more opportunities for it. Over the long run his long term profits far out weigh the long term paper losses. Even though my account got wiped out from too much risk my account has made 1109 pips since Sep 2012. That really is a dream come true as I have been trading since 2000 with no long term success with any system. They make money for a while but then slowly bleed to death in the end.

5. His Investor style signals (I receive these signals but don't use these) are meant to be long term even though many positions are exited within one to several days. He states that long term trades should be used with a SWAP FREE account as the overnight swap fee can get fairly high over time and negate any benefits.

- I analyzed most of his investor style trades and since Jan 2012 he has made over 42,000 pips ($2298 with mostly micro lots according to his records) HOWEVER, his long running open trades (35 total trades) that have gone against him are now -216,000 pips. (these include commodities and indexes) It seems like a lot to be down but he only trades micro-lots ($1000. lot sizes) so his dollar value is actually only $2,290 in profit according to his records. So after over a year he is only at break even if my calculations are accurate.

- 28 of these trades are JPY denominated pairs!!! For some reason he has built institutional style (very many) positions in these pairs. (-27,778 pips lost) Half of them appear to be hedge positions of which some are showing several hundred pips profit each (4,625 pips profit)

- I don't know where I can get a swap free account so I will stay away from these signals for now.

6. TRADENCY sucks!!! This is the 3rd party mirroring company that many brokers use to automate trades from signal service providers into client accounts. I LOVE their we based trading platform as it allows configuring of trade rules for every single fx pair. But Vlad no longer promotes using them as they have missed signals at an accelerating rate until none were copied.

- It also took 3 weeks for Tradency to get Vlad's signals setup when I opened a second account with AVAFX (Vlad's current broker).

- so I had to switch to 4x Solutions trade replication solution which costs me an additional $35. per month. Tradency's Mirror Trader was no extra cost. The problem with 4x Solutions web based replication platform is it's so stripped down with only 1 risk setting for all the signals.

- With 4xSolutions interface you can't control which pairs to trade or set different risk for each pair. The EURGBP requires 1/3 less risk than the rest of the because its pip value is so high. That's what blew out my account originally.

- so far the 4xSolutions trade replicator has been flawless in catching and trading all of Vlad's signals. It also shows a history of all the signals that Vlad has generated and their status. This is where I obtained all previous stats for his trading.

7. Vlad's support staff disappoint me. There is either a language barrier or they are too rushed to care about carefully reading emails and responding accurately. I don't wish to paste the many emails I have had with them but I wish they were better. They're poor responses have frustrated me and actually prevented me from buying other Vlad trading systems because they never answer all the questions I have.

SUMMARY: Even though I wanted a completely automated solution with a successful trading system this experience has been far from hands free.

-I have traded many systems with many platforms and many brokers over many years, so navigating all the technical and communication challenges wasn't too bad for me.

-I have also been studying the markets and technical analysis since the early 90's when there were no trading platforms or internet. (It's a bit tragic it has taken this long for technology to catch up so I can make trading money)

- so I have no idea how a newbie can possibly manage all this without tearing their hair out. There are so many scammers and low quality services that require so much trouble-shooting that I don't think I would be able to endure it all. So best of luck to all.

That is enough for now. Sorry Vlad. I tried to be accurate. You will probably respond and tell me my calculations for the investor style signals are way off. You may be right but to be fair I didn't know what your trading strategy was going to be and it was never stated anywhere that you would be holding long term losing positions.

Anyway, I still love the service and I expect the signal success rate to continue. I may post another update in the future. I hope this has been helpful.
Cheers.

2012-10-18 5Star
Review: I have been using the signal service for less than a month and I can't be happier with the results. I did a lot of research on this guy and his website. He has his signals results posted on the website for public viewing and its very impressive even with a few 500 pip draw down periods - he averages about 200 pips a month. I originally emailed them a few questions about the service. They responded fairly quickly and answered the questions quite well. It took about 30 emails to be satisfied enough to give it a try. I had to change brokers because my Canadian broker doesn't handle the "Tradency" mirroring platform. There seems to be only 5 brokers that can handle the mirroring and they did tell me which ones. So I started a $2000. account with ThinkForex in New Zealand (so far so good). Vladimir has several types of signals that you get but not all can be mirrored. Based on past performance I decided to just use his personal signals only and not the guest trader or the other live room account where members can submit trades. The website has a lot of good info. I have been trading since 2000 but I only traded daily trends with limited success because of my time zone and the fact I need to sleep! He has a lot of video webinars archived on his site that I have watched. The website is very easy to understand so I can't see how people can make complaints about the service or info unless they did too little research or have unreasonable expectations. So far the account is very profitable in 3 weeks it is up $750. based on trading 2 mini lots per currency pair. His alerts are also emailed so I can see what he is doing. He uses a divergence based system which is quite sophisticated. I would love to try his LST automated trading software but I am too lazy now and am very curious to see how my account does into the future. Because he uses divergence trading it is possible for an extended market to happen and trend way beyond normal expectations. This is why he has several large draw down periods in the past. According to his stats his max trade loss was 200 pips. It has only happened a handful of times. I took all his past trading records and put them into a spreadsheet then plugged all the calculations in to see how a funded account with different amounts of leverage would perform. It seemed to survive the draw downs quite well depending on how aggressive the leverage was and keeping the # of lots adjusted to account size. I am conservatively only allowing 1 mini lot per $1000. in the account. This should survive his maximum drawdown of 500 pips and only deplete the account by $50% or so. According to his video webinars his signals are a medium aggressive strategy. I have had only about 5 or so trades a week but they average about 30 pips. He holds positions anywhere from a few hours to a week depending on his outlook and how the market is developing. His signal service is 100. per month for his jr. package which is OK for me right now. For another 50. per month you can access his live webinars and trading room and chat with him real time. The signal service subscription is managed through Clickbank. I have had a problem with them in the past when I cancelled a different signal service but it was eventually straightened out and I received my full refund. Although this review sounds biased, I am just a trader trying to make a buck. I have been doing this a long time and am amazed at how much better the technology & trading knowledge and services has come. I hopefully can submit another review of this service in a year or so

Wyatt,
Georgia, USA,
Jul 22, 2017,

Reliable signals! Support is not quite what other services are, but they definitely have a real trader who knows what he is doing more then 95% of FX traders and that's what matters to me. Almost every month I have been a member has been a winner as well. This is what I call a good trader!

joseph,
Uganda,
Jan 27, 2018,

its worth it. No regrets for me.

Their adverts or appearances may not be glossy but their content is very good and rich.

Nidal,
Oct 8, 2013,

I've joined almost a month ago, long story short, does it worth it? yes.
is it the right place for me? I still need to find out.

even before I receive any signal I've made a couple of good trades from reading his ebooks "double doji secrets" and the "secret of Japanese candlestick"

if you looking for a place with few signals a day with small stop loss, it's not the right place for you.

if you are novice don't go for the VIP membership just subscribe to vlads signals.

the live chat room signals are not signals they need some experience to execute them Vlad gives his views on a number of opportunities but it's your job to look for the entry, stop and exit.

so it's not something easy. in general most of his signals are long term with massive stop loss.

most probably I won't renew or maybe I'll downgrade to receive Vlads signal only, the reason why simply because Vlads signals does not meet my trading style, I like to trade with very tight stop loss and large positions and indicators confuses me i usually trade with clean screen and a couple of lines.

do I recommend him? yes I do for any one who wants to learn and get trading ideas without specific entry and exit point go for the VIP membership otherwise subscribe to vlads signals only.

is the performance report accurate? during the last month they published all the results accurately. (I am talking about Vlads signals and the investor style signals, not sure which method they use to decide on the live chat signals as there are no signals in the first place)

long term investors: this is the place to be. I've watched a video for Vlad that was recorded on Jan 13 about the 2013 price predictions for several pairs and I've went through almost every trade idea in that video and Honestly THUMBS UP Vlad.

in general, good customer service, good website (heaps of resources and materials), good technical and fundamental analysis. good value.
Ray,
Aug 18, 2013,

SLT is okay to me. RR=1:2 is the secret of this stratedgy. Sometimes loose trade 3 ~5 times straight makes most of traders feel fear. Like Mr.Vladmir say in the manual , sometime loose but in total make a little bit money. I think making a little bit money little by little is most important thing in Forex trading. I think traders don't have a chance to make big money quick. If you have big money, you have a chance to earn big little money. If you have small money, you have a chance earn small little money. I enjoy his stratedgy because gain more than loose concept is simple, easy and true. (hopely...)

Bordeaux, France,
Aug 24, 2018,

absolutly great , honest , cheap and friendly..what else

the best service of learning while i am trading , great people always reachable , good teachers very friendly , the cost is nothing compare to the benefits , i am close to 1 year now in the club and i will renew my subscription .
Vladimir and Yordan are really fantastic guys , so i can't find anything else to add .
Thanks to them

Mar 18, 2018 - 5 Stars Absolutly excellent , every day live trading room is very helpful ! all the team are nice people and customer support is fantastic .

Canada, Canada,
Jan 2, 2020,

Honest and Reliable Master Teacher

By following his teachings he will make you money and give you a career for life.
He also creates a number of ai programes and a divergence course of study and live applications.

Reply by Vladimir Ribakov submitted Jan 15, 2020:
Thank you very much for your feedback
Laura Popescu,
Bucharest, Romania,
Nov 30, 2013,

I read the reviews written on this pages and I feel the need to share my experience.
My name is Laura and I am from Romania. Sorry for the mistakes, because my English language is not perfect.
I joined the Vladimir’s Forex Signals & Mentoring Club on March 2013. I started trading about one years ago. In my fist period I realized that the things are not as they seem on the outside and the Investment amount must be substantial, including advanced courses, personal support and signals.
But after I joined this Club everything has changed! Here I discovered everything I need: how to adapt my personality traits and control my emotions in my transactions, how to use and improve my abilities, I developed my technical skills.
In all this time, thanks Vladimir`s personal coaching I become a good trader. I watched his webinars, I graduated Divergence University, I learned new techniques like: Hedging, The Killer Intraday Principle, Scalping Techniques. I discovered amazing useful tools and indicators. So the mentoring services are awesome! After one year, I still have a lot to learn. Are so many information, that are always update and periodical is posted a new technique or update tool.
I reach the point where I can tell that I can do a successful trade alone. I trade every day, short to medium term trades, fallowing the techniques learned here. Investor Style is also a great innovation but is not for me at this moment. I made some mistake in this period, but finally I learned that if I strictly follow the instructions, I can't lose money. If you want to learn trading, this is the best place for you can find probably. If you want someone to manage your money and make 100% per month, don’t waste your and other people time here. This is not the place for you.
To increase my account I use the knowledge and signals that I received and every month I have good rewards with small risks!
With the Daily Forecast and Live Trading Room I successfully increased my orders number. It is much easier when you have a true example of a person with a clear vision about the market. In the LTR, I have the opportunity to analyse my personal orders. I like to have my personal orders that are not always the best, but Vladimir personally manage my order in the LTR so I'm always on profit. Thanks a lot, because you do all this for that little amount of the subscription!!!!
In the Online Trading Room, on Skype, I discovered great people from all the world that share the same ideals and beliefs. Everyone has something to learn and everyone has something to share here. And all that happens with the support and clear guidance of Vladimir. In Skype room we discuss 24/7. Here are the veterans that always have an good advice and the beginners that want to improve their skills. We discuss about trading methods, about opportunities in the Market so I never feel alone and lost in this big industry.
It happens to almost lose my temper and be tempted to close some of my bad transaction, but with the help that I got in real time I go through and I reach my goal. Now I realized that this club help my in my transaction mode and also help me to put my life in a new order.
Few days ago I meet personally Vladimir and some club members at a seminar. It was like I know them for a lifetime, because in this community we used to be friends!
So doesn't matter that I am a home-based trader. When I am at my computer, thanks to this community, I feel like I am in a huge company and I have all the support to make the right moves in the market. It is so comfortable to have this certitude and to know that in the other room are my kids, that are the best motivation for a big success!
``The only way to do great work is to love what you do!``
P.S.: For those who want details from a real person that started to be a good trader thanks this great person and his services, please fell free to contact me on my Skype ID: laura-ro-

P C Yen,
Jan 17, 2019,

TAC IS SIMPLY THE BEST!!

Traders Academy Club (TAC) has given me the opportunity to gain apt knowledge of new trading philosophies and strategies in addition to the discipline and perseverance it takes to be an extraordinary trader. I strongly believe that the best way to develop my trading skills is to receive and share advice from the members of the club. One's understanding of trading can always be expanded, and I place my complete trust in TAC to help me grow my confidence in being an analytical, patient and consistently thriving trader. TAC has shown to, and will continue to show to be the BEST place for me to achieve my goals and ambitions to the best of my ability.

Nicola G.,
Milano, Italy,
Feb 28, 2014,

Hi all guys, I'm an Italian trader who work on forex since many years now and browsing on the net I discovered the Vlad's service, so I started to read about it. As divergences argumentations have fashinating me since always and Vlad master them very well I decided to subscribed his VIP membership: a new world has opened in front of me! Hours and hours of videos well explained, clear and detailed. Indicators for metatraders, ebook, the support is fantastic and last but not least Vlad is not only a name, a face on his website... Vlad is a person always available, very nice and present when you need of him.. he reply to you personallly and motivating what he is telling, always! Vlad now has become a friend..
I have opened an account only for his signal service and his accourancy is fantastic... I can guarantee that you can gain back what you pay for the service... so stop to fight the markets alone, better to pay for a mentor that make you win the markets, than pay the market becouse we think we are able to fight alone! He have a trading plan (95% of trader don't have it) and he know what is doing...
Every day he send detailed analisys and make online webinar to study the markets togheder...these are not only analysis appointments, but following him day by day you will see that his method will enter inside you... and day by day your eyes will see the charts in a different manner, in order to find trade opportunitys by yourself.
I'm fully satisfied of this service and I recomend it for you that are a beginner, but also for expert people like me to learn more useful things (in trading nobody finish to learn) and to diversify our portfolio management!