TradersAcademyClub.com Review

Vladimir Ribakov

Formerly VladimirForexSignals.com

Updated: Jun 4, 2021 · Visit site  · Is this your company?
TradersAcademyClub.com

Contact: support@TradersAcademyClub.com, +44 123 4480569

Join live discussion of TradersAcademyClub.com on our forum

Hawaii, USA,
Feb 25, 2018,

Surprised US is banned from membership

I only gave 2 stars because I was excited upon reading the amount of value offered by the website only to find out as I was signing up that all US citizens are not allowed into the membership.

Reply by Vladimir Ribakov submitted Mar 21, 2018:
Hello,

There was a period we couldn't accept new U.S clients and therefore the doors were closed.

We recently re-opened the doors and we now accept new clients.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused and hope to see you with us

Best regards,

Vladimir Ribakov
Canada
Nov 14, 2020,

Not what it appears to be.

This is not a review I enjoy writing, but it must be written. First off, I'm not a newbie in forex struggling to make a profit. I began studying and trading forex back in 2006. I haven't paid for any type of forex service in a few years due to most being so horrible or outright scams. But after buying a subscription and looking inside this Trader’s Academy Club (TAC) member’s-only area, I had to write a review.

The performance page at the TAC website is the first issue. If you look at the list, it is page after page of wins. There are entire pages with no losses. I went through every page and there are no pages with more than three losses on a single page. But there are MULTIPLE pages without a single loss. Back when Ribakov had his other signal service at a different website he would get multiple losses, as many as seven in a row. And for sure, there was definitely NOT a series of page-after-page winning streaks that you see at this TAC website! Are we to believe that Ribakov's trading abilities suddenly improved by leaps and bounds in a matter of days after switching to a new website? I will now give you some insight on what is happening here, and it’s pure genius in the way of marketing. After Ribakov switched over to his new site, TAC, Ribakov and his partner stopped giving the entries and exits to his signals. Once you pay your subscription and get inside the trading room, you will see that Ribakov and his partner are doing nothing more than calling the SWING of the trade. Simply put, he is predicting whether the price will move up or down. You took the trades in the direction of the swing, but still lost several trades in a row? It doesn’t matter. Ribakov or his partner picked the right direction and those are listed as WINS on the performance page. If you didn’t pick the right entry / exit, that’s your fault. Are we to believe that the majority of the members at the TAC website are consistently making profits that match the performance page? That's the whole issue with this TAC website. When Ribakov was giving entries and exits to his signals at his previous website with as many as 4-7 losses in a row, his members were LEAVING. And just to be clear, the importance of picking the correct entries and exits cannot be over emphasized. An account can be blown even when a person knows the correction direction of the market- and still only risking 1-3 percent of their account! This is a theme of many books on forex that have been written over the years by professional well-known market traders. At best, these newbies at the website are floundering around in chat in an attempt to find where to enter and exit. A few manage to make good picks and proudly post their results. But the majority are not picking correct entries and exits and wonder what they are doing wrong. Those struggling members (who think they are the MINORITY) stubbornly continue at the TAC website because "charts don't lie". If the majority of members had a winning ratio of trades that matched the TAC performance page, they could risk 5-10 percent on each trade and become a millionaire in a relatively short period of time.

If you want to get the service for free, you only need to sign up to use Ribakov’s sponsored broker. Every time you push the button to enter a trade, whether you win or lose, Ribakov makes money. This is a common way for signal services to make money. I know for certain that some websites that use this ‘money tool’ in their signal services make more money from the commissions than they make in their own trading account. Allow me to better explain. Even if a person has a $100,000 account, making a few percent in profit each month is not going to be a viable living salary. Let’s say you make an average of 5 percent each month and remove those profits so you can live and feed your family. That’s only about $60,000 a year before taxes. You might get to keep something like $30,000 after taxes, paying for health insurance, etc. That’s poverty-level wages in most countries. That’s why folks like Ribakov have been getting commissions on trades by members, and he has been doing it many years. I'm not saying it's a bad thing to make commissions, I'm just trying to shine some light on how a lot of forex services make the bulk of their profits.

Lastly, I must warn you that if you sign up for Ribakov’s service and want to use his 45-day refund policy, you are in for a surprise. I failed to read the small print. Ribakov will only give you a partial refund. No matter how you slice it Ribakov makes money, even if you use his "guaranteed refund policy".

If you have used this service and lost money, please don’t shy away from your responsibility to leave a detailed review of your experience. I’m expecting Ribakov himself to make an attempt to discredit my review and that’s fine. For anyone who thinks I just want to bash Ribakov’s service, please go now and look at his performance page before he takes it down. Ask yourself if you really think it’s possible that the majority of his members are making trades that match his unbelievable list of WINS. Thanks for reading and be forewarned.
Reply by Vladimir Ribakov submitted Nov 16, 2020:
Hello Trader 123,

First, thank you for your feedback. It's important to me personally to always improve and do things better for my clients.

I'll start with saying that leaving a review is welcome and great, but tell lies - isn't! You blame us for a partial refund? That's a complete lie and I can prove your transaction number is 100% refunded.

I must say that when I see a review or feedback, I do expect to see a review about things we do really give and do in our club, and about my work.

Your review is about anything just not about the club, me, or any value that we give to our members. You've been a member for less than a day, where you were asking where do you get signals with the exact entry and exit and once you were told it's not a signals service, you leave.

If you spent the same time that you've spent on emailing my team and then leaving your review on really reading my website and the reviews of other members here, you would figure out that we ARE NOT a signal service, and we don't tell you entry and exit price. And that's exactly what other reviews here tell and explain where exactly is our force and expertise. We are giving live market analysis, real time trading report with full of trading ideas, and of course it's the responsibility of the trader to follow that and apply it. If you don't follow, how do you expect to make any success? It sounds like you are looking for someone to tell you what to do, when to do, and how to do. Or even someone just to trade instead of you. Well, if you read my website, and you read other members review here, you understand that is NOT what we offer. And you would save your time, my time, and others reading it.

Then you bring my old service years ago, and try to do what? Ruin my name? Ruin the reputation of our club? I am PROUD to say that I become much better as a trader and as a mentor during these years, and I am working hard to polish my techniques and give best to my members. I also got my certificate as Financial Technician during this period. So when you try to say I had different results years ago, then yes, of course I did. And I am proudly said I increased my success rate significantly. Don't you do some things in your life better today, then you did years ago? I am sure you do. So do I.

Also, I want to be very clear about that - NO ONE every guarantees that you'll get the same results as anyone else. Especially like in your case, where you even not ready to put the effort required. But I am proudly saying that there are clients that in time do even better than I do in our club, and they post their results. I will say it clear - if you don't put the effort, and you don't apply the techniques correctly, there is no way you'll have the same results!

And last, as a client you get fair option to get free access to the club with the brokers program. And of course it is allowed because the broker pays us commissions from your activity. Why are you trying to present it negative, while it's totally free choice of everyone if to pay membership or to join with brokers program? You are trying to present a very positive opportunity for clients in a very negative light. This is a very fair option for those who don't want to pay us the fees, still get their access. As simple as that.

Last - I am proud of the success rate my techniques present, and I am proud of the highest level this club achieved. And you are welcome to check our club, see yourself how these techniques perform in real time.

To the readers of this conversation - I'll repeat - if you are after trading signals then this club isn't for you. If you are looking for someone to tell you exactly what to do and when, save your and my time. But if you are after real proven trading techniques
and real time education and improving your trading - I am sure you'll find our club as a great help achieving your goals.

Thank you for your time and for your review.

I wish you best and please stay safe in the crazy reality of 2020.
Mario,
Germany,
Jul 13, 2011,

I've tested the service and i'm not satisfied with the signals and everything on this site...he shows alot..no question, but i can't learn from it. His signals are based on H4 divergences and still now the members shared account made only loss.
Read the Review from Keith and check the link he posted at the end. THIS IS AN AFFILIATE LINK...lol sure that he likes the service :D.

You can test the service from vlad if you're not satisfied like me you can refund. But im waiting for my money about 2 days....

Mark,
Denmark, Denmark,
Feb 8, 2013,

I've been a member of Vladimir's service for about a year and I decided to write this post to warn you about the risk you may take when following Vladimirs traders. Sorry for keeping it this long but it was hard to shrink it.

First of all trading with Vlad can be sometimes really messy and once you decide to follow you have to be online and ready for updates. One of the reasons is that he sends updates just a few minuts before a price whould have reached an entry, SL or TP if you didn't adjust it. I know they have a trade copier but I can't use it with my broker (yet).
I experienced that issue a few days ago and unfortunately I lost 340 pips. Was late by half an hour... damn...

Let me give you an example with EURGPB. On 22.01.2013 he sends
Sell @ 0.8373 SL @ 0.8450 with instructions:
"Market sell. Completing 4H false break. Open target. Short term trade. Vlad"
At that point I decided to risk 1% of my account as he said it's a short term trade.
Now the price doesn't really go in the right direction and members are given an update:
"update tbe sl to 0.8570 please. the pair is creating a clear top and i prefer to give it chance to work.vlad"
Wow, now I have to change my stop from 80 pips to ca. 200 pis, so I'm risking ca 2.5% now.
OK, so far so good? No, that's just the beginning...
On 24th he sends another signal for EURGPB
Sell @ 0.8510 SL 0.8650, instructions:
"Sell limit! It is separate trade from the one running. Long term trade. Vlad"
How do I understand it, should I take it or not? At the same time the first trade is updated:
"I equal the SL for both trades running to 0.8650, going for daily cycle. Target for both trades is 0.8250"
Nice, SL for the first trade is now ca. 280 pips and I also take the second one.
The price is still going up and we're getting a third order on 28th:
Sell @ 0.8460 SL 0.8710 with instructions:
"SELL LIMIT!!! This is seperate trade from those we have. Please adjust SL of all trades to 0.8710 and TP for all to 0.8250"
OK, so my SL for the first trade is ca 380 pips and I took all 3 trades.
The third trade is closed with a few pips profit after a short while.
But I still have two running trades and he sends another update:
"adjust stop higher to 0.8860. the only reason i keep the trades is that we have weekly hidden div. and daily div. eur is overrated. vlad"
Half an hour later after this update the price goes above 0.8710. At that point I simply wasn't able to adjust the SL and my stop was triggered. Oops.. -380pips on a "short term trade" that lasted almost two weeks.

If I didn't miss the update that I would have SL 490 pips for a regular signal. Hmm...

So SL from 80 pips to 490 pips which is from risking 1% to over 6% on a single trade. Remember, there were 3 running trades at the same time.

Fortunately for the others, the price reached 0.8716 and retraced to 0.8450 (time of writing) so it all turned well. But was it a good trade?
Can you be online from around 6am GTM till 12am GMT?
How about you, US friends? :)

There is also something that worries me a bit. The performane stats you can find on the web site are not correct.
1. The SL has the initial price only (not the one that changes for on open position)
2. What is worse it does not show all the trades, e.g. I cannot find the EURGBP sell @ 0.8373 on 22.01.2013.
So if I can't find that one how can I trust it has all the others? Especially losers.
3. The investor style strategy has a impressive number of pips since january 2012. It is over 29000 pips now, but you will never find that all his open positions (as of 8.02.2013) give -20000.

It is public and you may find it here:

It is also hard to find a preferrend account size for trading this type of style. To me it's min 5000$ and trading 0.01 lots. He does the same on www.mt4.com (link above)

Summarizing if you want to learn how to trade diverences it is a good place for you. You will get a lot of material, live trading rooms almost every working day, webinars, etc.
But you MUST bear in mind that to trade this style you MUST be prepared to lose even a few hundred pips on a SINGLE position - when following his daily singals and also be able to lose several thousands pips when trading investor style. Just to mentioned he's now -20000 pips on an investor style.

I dont believe anyone has gotten that far in reading it but I hope it was helpful anyway :)

Wes,
Vancouver, Canada,
May 14, 2013,

Hi Again. This is an update to my Oct 18, 2012 review.
Sorry my last post was one massive paragraph.

I have a much deeper understanding of Vlad's trading system as I have been using it since Sept. 2012.

Overall his service is profitable but not perfect.

Unfortunately I am downgrading his service to GOOD instead of excellent for a few key reasons.

Here is a summary of key points I have learned.

1. I use his regular signal service of FX pairs only (no indices or commodities and not investor style, live trading room, or guest trader signals). This costs me about $100. USD for signal trade automation. If you want to execute the signals yourself you can get it for $80. I think. There is also a VIP service for $127. but that is for hardcore traders who want to participate in live trading room and learn his trading style to trade themselves. I have no time to trade (and burnt out from many years of trying) and just want automation!!!! (yes I am lazy and greedy:)

2. Yes I love the service. It works and it makes a lot of pips per month. My calculations show he has averaged over 200 pips every month since he started the service in June 2011. I documented and analyzed every single trade he reports on his website.

3. I only trade his regular service because I did not see the same high quality results from his other signals. All of the trades I have taken since Sep. 2012 have been documented accurately on his website EXCEPT he organizes his results page by ENTRY date not exit date. So you have to backtrack to find a trade that has eventually been liquidated.

4. Beware of trading with too much RISK. Even though his profits are extremely consistent I made a big mistake. I started with a $2000.USD account with ThinkForex using an auto-trading platform called "MIRROR TRADER" which totally automates the copying and trading from Vlad's signals to my account.

- Because of growing confidence in his consistent results I went from risking 1 mini lot (10,000) per $1000. of account balance to 1 mini lot per $500-$750 of account balance. Then I learned a hard lesson about his trading style:

-Vlad doesn't always exit his losing trades - he hangs on to some of them. He doesn't do it often but when I traded with higher risk I got stung with the EURGBP pairs. He opened 2 positions and they went against me until my broker liquidated both positions which wiped out my account.

-I thought I should quit trading for a while and re-evaluate but I added another $2000. dollars and kept going with faith he would make it all back. Which he did!!!!

- as of this date (May 14, 2013) Vlad is currently holding 4 long term trades. The oldest is the EURAUD going back to Aug 29, 2012 which is down about 600 pips currently. My last calculation (several weeks ago) showed he was down about 1280 pips total on all 4 positions. I was hit by some of them even though one of them eventually turned around for a profit.

- so you better be trading with low risk as you could be holding some positions for a long time. The only upside to this is that he continues to trade the same currency pair many times if there are more opportunities for it. Over the long run his long term profits far out weigh the long term paper losses. Even though my account got wiped out from too much risk my account has made 1109 pips since Sep 2012. That really is a dream come true as I have been trading since 2000 with no long term success with any system. They make money for a while but then slowly bleed to death in the end.

5. His Investor style signals (I receive these signals but don't use these) are meant to be long term even though many positions are exited within one to several days. He states that long term trades should be used with a SWAP FREE account as the overnight swap fee can get fairly high over time and negate any benefits.

- I analyzed most of his investor style trades and since Jan 2012 he has made over 42,000 pips ($2298 with mostly micro lots according to his records) HOWEVER, his long running open trades (35 total trades) that have gone against him are now -216,000 pips. (these include commodities and indexes) It seems like a lot to be down but he only trades micro-lots ($1000. lot sizes) so his dollar value is actually only $2,290 in profit according to his records. So after over a year he is only at break even if my calculations are accurate.

- 28 of these trades are JPY denominated pairs!!! For some reason he has built institutional style (very many) positions in these pairs. (-27,778 pips lost) Half of them appear to be hedge positions of which some are showing several hundred pips profit each (4,625 pips profit)

- I don't know where I can get a swap free account so I will stay away from these signals for now.

6. TRADENCY sucks!!! This is the 3rd party mirroring company that many brokers use to automate trades from signal service providers into client accounts. I LOVE their we based trading platform as it allows configuring of trade rules for every single fx pair. But Vlad no longer promotes using them as they have missed signals at an accelerating rate until none were copied.

- It also took 3 weeks for Tradency to get Vlad's signals setup when I opened a second account with AVAFX (Vlad's current broker).

- so I had to switch to 4x Solutions trade replication solution which costs me an additional $35. per month. Tradency's Mirror Trader was no extra cost. The problem with 4x Solutions web based replication platform is it's so stripped down with only 1 risk setting for all the signals.

- With 4xSolutions interface you can't control which pairs to trade or set different risk for each pair. The EURGBP requires 1/3 less risk than the rest of the because its pip value is so high. That's what blew out my account originally.

- so far the 4xSolutions trade replicator has been flawless in catching and trading all of Vlad's signals. It also shows a history of all the signals that Vlad has generated and their status. This is where I obtained all previous stats for his trading.

7. Vlad's support staff disappoint me. There is either a language barrier or they are too rushed to care about carefully reading emails and responding accurately. I don't wish to paste the many emails I have had with them but I wish they were better. They're poor responses have frustrated me and actually prevented me from buying other Vlad trading systems because they never answer all the questions I have.

SUMMARY: Even though I wanted a completely automated solution with a successful trading system this experience has been far from hands free.

-I have traded many systems with many platforms and many brokers over many years, so navigating all the technical and communication challenges wasn't too bad for me.

-I have also been studying the markets and technical analysis since the early 90's when there were no trading platforms or internet. (It's a bit tragic it has taken this long for technology to catch up so I can make trading money)

- so I have no idea how a newbie can possibly manage all this without tearing their hair out. There are so many scammers and low quality services that require so much trouble-shooting that I don't think I would be able to endure it all. So best of luck to all.

That is enough for now. Sorry Vlad. I tried to be accurate. You will probably respond and tell me my calculations for the investor style signals are way off. You may be right but to be fair I didn't know what your trading strategy was going to be and it was never stated anywhere that you would be holding long term losing positions.

Anyway, I still love the service and I expect the signal success rate to continue. I may post another update in the future. I hope this has been helpful.
Cheers.

2012-10-18 5Star
Review: I have been using the signal service for less than a month and I can't be happier with the results. I did a lot of research on this guy and his website. He has his signals results posted on the website for public viewing and its very impressive even with a few 500 pip draw down periods - he averages about 200 pips a month. I originally emailed them a few questions about the service. They responded fairly quickly and answered the questions quite well. It took about 30 emails to be satisfied enough to give it a try. I had to change brokers because my Canadian broker doesn't handle the "Tradency" mirroring platform. There seems to be only 5 brokers that can handle the mirroring and they did tell me which ones. So I started a $2000. account with ThinkForex in New Zealand (so far so good). Vladimir has several types of signals that you get but not all can be mirrored. Based on past performance I decided to just use his personal signals only and not the guest trader or the other live room account where members can submit trades. The website has a lot of good info. I have been trading since 2000 but I only traded daily trends with limited success because of my time zone and the fact I need to sleep! He has a lot of video webinars archived on his site that I have watched. The website is very easy to understand so I can't see how people can make complaints about the service or info unless they did too little research or have unreasonable expectations. So far the account is very profitable in 3 weeks it is up $750. based on trading 2 mini lots per currency pair. His alerts are also emailed so I can see what he is doing. He uses a divergence based system which is quite sophisticated. I would love to try his LST automated trading software but I am too lazy now and am very curious to see how my account does into the future. Because he uses divergence trading it is possible for an extended market to happen and trend way beyond normal expectations. This is why he has several large draw down periods in the past. According to his stats his max trade loss was 200 pips. It has only happened a handful of times. I took all his past trading records and put them into a spreadsheet then plugged all the calculations in to see how a funded account with different amounts of leverage would perform. It seemed to survive the draw downs quite well depending on how aggressive the leverage was and keeping the # of lots adjusted to account size. I am conservatively only allowing 1 mini lot per $1000. in the account. This should survive his maximum drawdown of 500 pips and only deplete the account by $50% or so. According to his video webinars his signals are a medium aggressive strategy. I have had only about 5 or so trades a week but they average about 30 pips. He holds positions anywhere from a few hours to a week depending on his outlook and how the market is developing. His signal service is 100. per month for his jr. package which is OK for me right now. For another 50. per month you can access his live webinars and trading room and chat with him real time. The signal service subscription is managed through Clickbank. I have had a problem with them in the past when I cancelled a different signal service but it was eventually straightened out and I received my full refund. Although this review sounds biased, I am just a trader trying to make a buck. I have been doing this a long time and am amazed at how much better the technology & trading knowledge and services has come. I hopefully can submit another review of this service in a year or so

Wyatt,
Georgia, USA,
Jul 22, 2017,

Reliable signals! Support is not quite what other services are, but they definitely have a real trader who knows what he is doing more then 95% of FX traders and that's what matters to me. Almost every month I have been a member has been a winner as well. This is what I call a good trader!

joseph,
Uganda,
Jan 27, 2018,

its worth it. No regrets for me.

Their adverts or appearances may not be glossy but their content is very good and rich.

Nidal,
Oct 8, 2013,

I've joined almost a month ago, long story short, does it worth it? yes.
is it the right place for me? I still need to find out.

even before I receive any signal I've made a couple of good trades from reading his ebooks "double doji secrets" and the "secret of Japanese candlestick"

if you looking for a place with few signals a day with small stop loss, it's not the right place for you.

if you are novice don't go for the VIP membership just subscribe to vlads signals.

the live chat room signals are not signals they need some experience to execute them Vlad gives his views on a number of opportunities but it's your job to look for the entry, stop and exit.

so it's not something easy. in general most of his signals are long term with massive stop loss.

most probably I won't renew or maybe I'll downgrade to receive Vlads signal only, the reason why simply because Vlads signals does not meet my trading style, I like to trade with very tight stop loss and large positions and indicators confuses me i usually trade with clean screen and a couple of lines.

do I recommend him? yes I do for any one who wants to learn and get trading ideas without specific entry and exit point go for the VIP membership otherwise subscribe to vlads signals only.

is the performance report accurate? during the last month they published all the results accurately. (I am talking about Vlads signals and the investor style signals, not sure which method they use to decide on the live chat signals as there are no signals in the first place)

long term investors: this is the place to be. I've watched a video for Vlad that was recorded on Jan 13 about the 2013 price predictions for several pairs and I've went through almost every trade idea in that video and Honestly THUMBS UP Vlad.

in general, good customer service, good website (heaps of resources and materials), good technical and fundamental analysis. good value.
Ray,
Aug 18, 2013,

SLT is okay to me. RR=1:2 is the secret of this stratedgy. Sometimes loose trade 3 ~5 times straight makes most of traders feel fear. Like Mr.Vladmir say in the manual , sometime loose but in total make a little bit money. I think making a little bit money little by little is most important thing in Forex trading. I think traders don't have a chance to make big money quick. If you have big money, you have a chance to earn big little money. If you have small money, you have a chance earn small little money. I enjoy his stratedgy because gain more than loose concept is simple, easy and true. (hopely...)

Bordeaux, France,
Aug 24, 2018,

absolutly great , honest , cheap and friendly..what else

the best service of learning while i am trading , great people always reachable , good teachers very friendly , the cost is nothing compare to the benefits , i am close to 1 year now in the club and i will renew my subscription .
Vladimir and Yordan are really fantastic guys , so i can't find anything else to add .
Thanks to them

Mar 18, 2018 - 5 Stars Absolutly excellent , every day live trading room is very helpful ! all the team are nice people and customer support is fantastic .