Day traders vs Night traders

As for me, I'm not a full-time trader and I usually trade in my free time. Sometimes daily, sometimes at night and don't think about sessions. However, maybe I should learn more about it and its differeces.

As for me, I'm not a full-time trader and I usually trade in my free time. Sometimes daily, sometimes at night and don't think about sessions. However, maybe I should learn more about it and its differeces.

Do you prefer long term or short term positions when you trade? Which ones do you find more suitable to trade when you don't have a lot of time to observe the charts?

Do you prefer long term or short term positions when you trade? Which ones do you find more suitable to trade when you don't have a lot of time to observe the charts?
Long term is the safest option I think, as long as your positioning ignores short-term price spikes (volatility) and market noise. But you should be up to the latest news that can affect the price, since the higher is the timeframe, the less information you use to place your trade and the more factors are coming that may affect it.

Long term is the safest option I think, as long as your positioning ignores short-term price spikes (volatility) and market noise. But you should be up to the latest news that can affect the price, since the higher is the timeframe, the less information you use to place your trade and the more factors are coming that may affect it.

I agree. I also think that if one trades in the long term they should be aware not of the news that cause temporary spikes, but also be knowledgeable about fundamental analysis in general.

If you don't want to monitor charts all the time, of course you should choose long term trading.
As for me, I'm a day trader (don't usually keep positions opened for more, than 1 day). Actually, I prefer to short-term trading, cause I'm too nervous, when my orders are opened. I need to look on charts all the time :)

I also think that if one trades in the long term they should be aware not of the news that cause temporary spikes, but also be knowledgeable about fundamental analysis in general.
Sure, long-term trading is more about fundamental analysis, while scalpers and day traders should be pros in technical analysis.
However, all traders should use all tipes of analysis to be successful.

Back