• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Apiary Investment Fund - Too good to be true??

I am having an issue with a company
Although I'm still not 100% convinced, I have to admit the promise page is impressive.

Nate,
You and your management have made a great step forward with this addition of your 'Promise' page on your website offering. Congratulations on this achievement.
May I suggest that the statistics you present with regard to the range of results and the funding of your student/traders in a well meaning manner, would be held indisputable to us and an interested CFTC, if your firm would simply hire an internationally recogized top 10 accounting firm with immaculate credentials, to independently audit, certify, and publicly report these results; rather than the unverifiable claims your firm now makes and asks a cynical public to believe. This singular act would not only be very easy and inexpensive for you to do; but would add greatly to your firm's credibility at seemingly litle cost.
For example: your claim that 31% of your students with "0 experience" (presumably you mean between "0 & 3 months" experience) are funded by you, seems non-sensical.
Using an independent auditor to tabulate and present your internal stats would make for a much more accurate and believable report, and add much needed credibility to your 'Promise'.

Last edited:
Sorry if I'm out of line resurrecting this thread, but I ended up here looking for more information on Apiary. I just signed up with them and haven't even really started doing anything yet. But I was curious if BigT1 ever finished the evaluation he mentioned doing in this thread?

BigT1 has been a little under the weather, but I think he'll be back soon.

Please do share your experiences. Overall, I view "pay us for training and we'll provide funds" sites with a great deal of suspicion, but I'm willing to wait and see if one or more is really legit.

I sure will let y'all know. How detailed do you want it? lol I mean, I am seriously ground floor. Went through my first list of training.

Thus far, the sales pitch was pretty hardcore, which was annoying because I had pretty much already decided I wanted to do this. My reason for being willing to pay for it... well, I am not very good at doing self-taught kinds of things. I get overwhelmed and it's nice to have someone who knows better organizing things and checking on my progress from time to time. That's an experience I am willing to pay for.

After attending the webinar, I was called by a recruiter who answered some more of my questions and made it seem like it was an extremely limited opportunity... as in, they only accept X number of enrollments at a particular time, and they supposedly have X number of slots to fill. I really am not sure whether I believe that-- it felt like another pressure tactic. Why wouldn't they take as many enrollees as were willing to part with the money? Her insistence that people need to be a "good fit" just felt bogus, and like a way to make me feel "special" when she "approves" me to fork over my money.

Or, I am just cynical. Who knows?

So I get approved, and I get an automatic email to log in, except the link doesn't work properly. She says it's OK, customer support will call me within 24 hours to do a full tour of the website while they're on the phone with me and they can fix my log-in, too.

So this morning, I did get my phone call. My new contact fixes my log in, e-mails me a list that is my first month's "to do" list slash lesson plan. Tells me if I have any questions, I can e-mail him or call support. I ask about the comprehensive website tour, and he says they haven't done that in a long time, it wasn't very productive.

I'm happy with the lessons I've taken so far, which have been a mix of written material, recordings of webinars, video modules that work like powerpoint if each slide were a short movie, and live webinars (but I missed the one offered this evening).

First impressions are that they are extremely pushy, and their sales/recruitment doesn't talk to their education staff at ALL. The recruiter didn't really seem like the brightest bulb in the box, either, and I had to ask some of my questions several different ways to get the answer I wanted... either I wasn't clear, she didn't understand, or I wasn't happy with a spin-y answer. IE: Q: how many people that you educate end up getting funded? A: 100% of people who meet the criteria get funded! --- GRR THAT'S NOT WHAT I ASKED.

So... um.. yeah. Too much detail? :p

For something like this, people need a lot of detail to know what they are getting themselves into.

Hello Pharaoh and Mandolin,
I am still alive, but due to some illness have had to limit my activities.
I encourage users to contact Nathan Allred directly with feedback on the hard sell tactics and tell him FPA sent you.
I will attempt to resume the Apiary test some time soon.
Mandolin, please keep us informed of your progress and your experience with them.
AI

Mandolin,

I am sorry that you felt like you were being strong armed into working with us. That is not our purpose at all. The reason we have to be selective is because we don't have unlimited funds. We are a private fund. If you feel like you have been wronged in any way please feel free to contact me at any time. nate@apiaryfund.com or call me at 801-701-1650 ex 1003.

We have two parts to our business. Number one we teach people how to trade in the markets. Feel free to give us a fair evaluation on our company and on this thread. I invite anyone who has experience with us to post their experiences with us. You can also see what people who are IN the program have said about us in our public forum: https://apiaryfund.com/forum or on the reviews page here at FPA.

Also we feel that we have take every step to be forthright and upfront with our business model and what we are doing. You can find our promise to all of our associates here: https://apiaryfund.com/about/our-promise

This states our purpose as a company, funding requirements, equity curves of some of our trader, refund policy etc...

If at any time anyone has a question or problem they are free to contact me and I will personally take care of the problem.

Nate Allred
nate@apiaryfund.com
801 701 1650 ex 1003

Not strong armed into working with you... I paid for it because i felt it was worth it. My complaint is that all my questions are constantly answered with marketing BS, and that's not only irritating, but leaves me with the feeling that I may just have been suckered. Only time will tell, and no amount of being soothed by another salesperson will reduce that particular fear that I have.

Being honest and forthright isn't always as objective as it seems. Check out DHMo_Org to see a beautiful example of a website that is 100% factual about Dihydrogen Monoxide. It's just presented selectively to make a point.

When I want to know how many people you accept money from as students, I kind of want to know that metric. If that's not feasible for some reason, then I want to know what % of people who sign up on average tend to end up funded.

I don't need to hear that a lot of people drop out because they didn't put in the effort necessary. That's true for all endeavors. I don't want the marketer giving me crap about how she can't guess as to how many people try and how many don't and never actually give me an answer.

When I don't get real answers.... well, like I said, it's suspicious. I'm trying to be positive about the whole thing, but I won't lie, I have my lingering reservations. Not enough to make me quit or demand money back or even close to it... not yet. The first course has me edging that way, though... quiz #1 asks questions that aren't covered in -any- of the material, and contacting support landed me in an "is not!" "is too!" argument until I asked them to show me exactly where it was, and THEN they admit "Huh... maybe someone changed something."

Anyway.... I sound a lot more bitter than I really am about the whole thing. OVERALL I am still having a fairly positive experience. I am open minded and anxious to see where it goes from here.

Back