Forex investment scam - managed account, fake MT4 server

Winson Soh

Recruit
It started with a person by the name, Leo Cheung who luring customer from QQ chat, I know him thru QQ chat so-called an investor and the sales person from fxgmr.com. He showed a lot of forex London Loco Gold (LLG) trading MT4 statement history to me and proof that the managed trading account can generate 50-100% of profit per month and the account gets double within 3 months. Everything looks so real, I can see the MT4 program installed on my computer and the account is credited with minimum investment amouint of $3k after I've deposited to them since Sept 2015.

The first and second months showed good trading return, my account got double from $3k to $7k. The LLG trading account according to Leo, it is traded by a third party trader, Angus Cheung. Later found out that actually managed by another company, skymillionhk.com. When I started with this investment plan, the trader is on profit sharing basis where the profit generated by the winning trades need to share 30% with them where the investor only gets 70% of profit back for every winning trades. Some more I requested an empowerment letter from Angus Cheung that my account can only utilise 30% of capital for every trades at all time and if the account gets margin call, the company, fxgmr.com agreed to pay back 30% of my initial capital which is $900 due to it is a managed account and it is not suppose to trade bigger lot trade size that will burst the acccount. Normally the account opens at $0.50/lot for account size $3000.

Leo also recommended me to introduce friends to join this scheme as it is so profitable. Then I recommended 8 friends to open accounts and joined the scheme. First thing I started to suspect on the profit sharing deduction on the first month, Leo said the company is kind enough not to deduct the profit sharing portion due to the account is not having big enough fund, they will only deduct the 30% traders commission upon the investor withdrawal. I was so amazed how the trader survive or get their share after spending much effort of making the winning trades.

On 18 Dec 2015, out of a sudden before the trading day close for the day, the trader suddenly executed a buy and sell trades on the same currency pairs with the lot size that risks the account to be burst which is $2 - $4/lot causing the account losses 80-90% of the fund. When I called up Leo, the account manager of fxgmr.com, he said the trader claimed that this is the strategy he made to counter the trade and make back some profit to the floating trades (hedging), but it is against our earlier empowerment agreement.

Now all our 8 accounts total lost. All our money gone into the scam company account or the trader pocket, Angus Cheung. I've been thinking what benefit if the trader executed such big lot trading size, if this is not a winning strategy, then it is simply that the whole setup was a scam. The purpose of bursting all accounts is at the time when enough account deposit and no withdrawal made by the investor, then the scam company or the trader will burst all the accounts and get all the deposit "legally".

How can we make a complain and escalate this scam to the authority? Since both gmrforex.com and fxgmr.com is having the NFA regularised, can we make such a complaint to NFA, so that they can take action to suspend their license and NFA register?

Points to take note and detect forex scam:

i) is the forex company server can be search and found from any other MT4 program? This fxgmr server cannot be found! It customized its own MT4 program installer and the server name it connects is CN, HK without a proper site

ii) the empowerment authority letter sign by the trader, Angus Cheung is having different name from his name card which I later only found out.

iii) Every withdrawal request made through Leo Cheung manually, it is so called a personalised service but in actual fact, it could be a one man show which manipulate the whole scam. There's no customer servicce, support@fxgmr.com or accounts@fxgmr.com, when called up the landline phone no. on the website, all phone numbers were disconnected.

iv) It is extremely dangerous for managed service to empower the trader to trade on our forex account. We have no way to control their trading style and execute trade size.

Attachments

• Angus Cheung gmrforex name card.jpg
    Angus Cheung gmrforex name card.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 6
  • HK police report no. made.jpg
    HK police report no. made.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 5
I'm glad to see you reported this to the Hong Kong police and shared the case number. That will help anyone else having the same problem.

There's no reason not to contact the NFA and ask them for an opinion of the issue. Post back here and let everyone know what the say.

Hi, I am also located in HK. But my similar case is involved with a UK company - binary brokerz. May I know what police said about your case. Just keep it on file? I am still able to contact the customer services but their answer is to wait and the silence indicates that I need to bear all my loss even if they traded for me with a wrong strategy. I am scared of any kind of investment now. Please share the update if you make any progress on your case. Binary brokerz is not a regulated company and I don't know which UK finanial authority I should make the complain to if it is needed. But I did contact lawyer for legal advice. But not easy to get free legal advice and I don't know if my case will make them put efforts to win back. Dispute resolved offline is usually preferred. Appreciate your sharing.

I'm glad to see you reported this to the Hong Kong police and shared the case number. That will help anyone else having the same problem.

There's no reason not to contact the NFA and ask them for an opinion of the issue. Post back here and let everyone know what the say.
Hi Pharaoh, my friend also have reported to NFA, they asked for all the evidence to proof the misconduct of the broker offence, but what I worry is the individual who did this insider job where he illegally requested deposit fr investors using the company name, but create fake MT acc and stmt, then the broker can deny they do not have such staff exists. As I've managed to call up skymillionhk.com, they already denying the exist of the staff name, Angus Cheung and all our MT4 acc no due to the acc no. is 7 digits but theirs are 8 digits.

Hi, I am also located in HK. But my similar case is involved with a UK company - binary brokerz. May I know what police said about your case. Just keep it on file? I am still able to contact the customer services but their answer is to wait and the silence indicates that I need to bear all my loss even if they traded for me with a wrong strategy. I am scared of any kind of investment now. Please share the update if you make any progress on your case. Binary brokerz is not a regulated company and I don't know which UK finanial authority I should make the complain to if it is needed. But I did contact lawyer for legal advice. But not easy to get free legal advice and I don't know if my case will make them put efforts to win back. Dispute resolved offline is usually preferred. Appreciate your sharing.
Hi Angel, I've made the Police report on 22 Dec 15, so far no action taken yet by the Police. But at the same time I make another 2 complaint/report to HK Cyber Crime and financial, security comms (FSC)since it could be a cheating and illegally deposit case by individual and FSC monitor the company registration in financial industry. Hope any authority will response and provide advise.

Ok, thanks. I lodged one complaint with Financial Conduct Authority UK today http://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/scams/report-scam. And I thinking if I should lodge a report to http://www.actionfraud.police.uk coz the loss had incurred. Let's exchange information and hopefully to get the money back. I found out from internet that the company owned binary brokerz was alerted by Canadian authority as unregistered financial service provider and the company name is about to be dissolved. This worries me.

Winson, could you give me the webiste of HK Cyber Crime and financial, security comms (FSC)? I need their email and phone number.

Hi Angel Ren, since u r a HK citizen, can u find out for me, Leo Cheung made this Police report at Wong Tai Sin, no. 15046722 but he didn't get a copy of report. How can I follow up to get a copy of Police report? normally HK Police will take time to investigate, do they have a special commercial Crime dept to handle this? as I used to watch TVB series about 商业罪案调查

Hi, since your case involved missing people and no company you can contact, I think you can lodge the court case. I can still contact the company but seems that the loss traded by them need to be borne by me based on the website terms and condition. I will hold off the police reporting part and wait for my legal advice first. Thanks for your information and hope you can get back the money.

Back