• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Knight Capital Markets & Fortress Fund (Warning)

WayneH

Recruit
REVIEW MODERATION TEAM NOTE: (2015-12-07). Since this thread started out more as a question than an accusation, it is being moved to the Has Anyone Heard Of? folder. If anyone does have direct issues with Knight Capital Markets or Fortress Fund, please start a thread in Scam Alerts.

I was emailed by a fund called Fortress Fund. Below is a link to their myfxbook.

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/FortressFund/fortress-fund/1377608/VAjJfr61vxtLQW2O9hFp

As you can see the performance looks amazing. How ever they request you use a company called Knight capital markets ( www.knightcapitalmarkets.com) to deposit funds.

I have been researching into this company and have had a lengthy text conversation with them in which they could not answer a single question regarding the full company name or origin.

Its more then likely a Ponzi scheme or just a black hole for you funds.

The site has possible Chinese origins.

If any one has any information to correct me please post.

Based on what I can find (or can't find) in the Internet WayBack Machine, it looks like KnightCapitalMarkets.com hasn't been online all that long. Contact Us claims they are in Finland, but there's no postal address.

Knight Capital has been around for several years and I highly doubt is any type of scam.
I have a small account here from 2012 too I was using with an EA a friend developed.

Never had any problems with this broker for me.

Happy trading everyone! :)

No not "Knight Capital" but "Knight Capital Marktets" they prob intentionally used the same name for this very confusion.

The awards they claim to have won are actually for "Knight Capital" not "Knight Capital Markets"

I have been in touch with Fortress Fund and it is 100% a scam.

The owner is Ethan Cooper and if you google the name you will find previous emails online regarding him running a swiss fund and wanting funding from a couple of months back.

According to what I can find, knightcapitalmarkets.com wasn't a fully functional website until sometime in 2014 or 2015. It was nothing but a parking page in April 2014.

I looked also at myfxbook and their website
But their website is made augustus 2014 ...

And registered on a private name in Arizona (USA)

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2015-10-16 om 12.58.44.png
    Schermafbeelding 2015-10-16 om 12.58.44.png
    70.6 KB · Views: 6
Anyone know a reliable Forex funds with good results ?

Moderation Team Note: Do NOT ask for company recommendations in a Scam Alerts thread. If anyone does recommend a company, this will permanently tie the recommended company's name to a complaint about another company.

Use the Forex Company Comparisons folder in the Commerce Zone for this sort of question.

No not "Knight Capital" but "Knight Capital Marktets" they prob intentionally used the same name for this very confusion.

The awards they claim to have won are actually for "Knight Capital" not "Knight Capital Markets"

I have been in touch with Fortress Fund and it is 100% a scam.

The owner is Ethan Cooper and if you google the name you will find previous emails online regarding him running a swiss fund and wanting funding from a couple of months back.

Yes Wayne - knightcapitalmarkets.com is the same as the one I have had an account with for several years. (Knight Capital).

Happy trading!

If your account is older than mid-2014, then how could you have accessed knightcapitalmarkets.com? The website wasn't up before that.

They are a well known broker in Asia/M.E. regions. (Knight)

It's interesting how many Western traders have not heard of a lot of the bigger brokers such as Asian broker REMOVED is bigger then REMOVED(!) yet doesn't have FPA review page or big presence at all..

Review Moderation Team Note: Please don't mention uninvolved companies in threads in the Scam Alerts folder.

If you know of brokers the FPA doesn't have listed, please use the +Add New Site button in the broker reviews list.

Back