• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss AAFXTrading.com (Warning - This broker earned a SCAM label)

General discussions of a financial company
Which trading platform do you use? Stock trading is available with MT5 as far as I'm concerned.
In any case, AAFX is not the best broker ever for trading stocks. There is 10% margin requirement and the list of the avaialble ones is not that big. Just a few dozens I guess. Less than 100 items for sure.
The 1:10 leveragefor stocks is not that little. Don't you think so? I wouldn't dare using more than 1:2 for investment purposes.

Investing is a vague term, so is long-term trading. I'd say investing is smth that does not assume closing a trade when the market conditions get unfavorable. That's not my plan for AAFX stock trading.
I just wanted to try some longer-term buy only startegies with stocks here and they will have a stop loss set. Any leveraged trading requires placing stop loss orders.
So basically yeah, 1:10 is pretty much enough even for active trading. For investing in the sense I've described above no leverage is requred at all.

I'd say investing is smth that does not assume closing a trade when the market conditions get unfavorable.
You forgot to menton that investing also does not assume closing a trade if the market conditions get favorable too. You neither close positions at the time of drawdowns, nor do that if unexpected profits occur.

Heh, yeah. And as I said that's not the plan. The media gets so tense from time to time about certain companies that it's very tempting to be able to make some money using the hype. Can't believe how well news agencies can move market prices!

Media obeys the law of supply and demand too. People want to now more about Elon the Great, media supplies this demand, the more media writes about it, the better Tesla feels. I know there are trading algos that use webcrawlers to see the number of brands mentions. And they make trading decisions based on these numbers. No direct correlation with real economic reports, but that's how it works nowadays. Pitiful but true.

They've had this bonus for ages and I don't think they will change much in future.
That's a bit annoying btw to see the chritmas and new year poster on the website all year long. That would be nice if they introduced some juicy offer for upcoming 2022, but I doubt they will as I said earlier.

IMO the more stability the broker demonstrates, the better. If you look at the way binary brokers do the business, you'll notice they change the rules avery week or two. I can't imagine working in a that kind of an environment.

Binary brokers tend to gamify the business. It may seem very silly for experienced traders, like, who the hell will want to participate in that kind of a digital quest? but as we all know, demand is what creates the supply, which means there a thousands if not millions of young and brave people willing to bet on red or green and, most importantly, collect some worthless points, awards, stars and achievements on their path.
Personaly, I'd say if you wanted to get some digital rewards, you'd better start learning a foreign language with duolinguo app. But hey, who am I to forbid people waste their money in a careless way with binary brokers if they want to?
To sum it up, yeap, the more stability, the better. AAFX doesn't look bad at all from this point of view.

I think that when people say that trading is getting heavily gamified, they are exposed to a strong illusion. They see what they want to see. It’s a common thing for our human brain to simplify things to make it easier to perceive them. Very often the brain overdoes with it and I think that trading is a typical victim of such simplification. People think that it only remains to merely click buy and sell buttons to earn money and they narrow down the whole trading process to banal guesswork. They just become the victims of aggressive marketing tricks.
Those who approach trading with a cold mind know for sure that there’s no game here. I.e some may view AAFx bonuses as a game to play, others will see some new opportunities here.
Trading is the never-ending hard analytical job. Such people can’t understand where all those folks saw game in trading. I should confess that when I was making my first steps in trading I also perceived it as a sort of game. Over time harsh reality broke in and I realized that it’s a serious thing.

Back