1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ActivTrades.com

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by AsstModerator, Sep 4, 2008.

1. AsstModerator

AsstModerator FPA Forums and Reviews Admin

2. VNFX

VNFX Recruit

Pls give us your opinions about ActiveTrades.

Dear All,
    I'm a victim of Crown Forex SA. I'm now looking for a reliable broker. Is anyone holding live accounts with ActivTrades? Please kindly give me your advice about this broker. Is ActivTrades reliable? Should I open live accounts with him?
    Thank you so much and look forward to hearing from you.
    Kindest Regards,
    VNFX

3. PipStar

PipStar Sergeant

I have a live account with this broker for many months and they are ok, no problems with withdrawal and so far so good. They are also regulated in the UK by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) and that in itself offers some degree of client protection. Up to you whether you should open an account. May be you can start with a small amount to test them out.

4. Samo

Samo Recruit

Hi!

I read that this broker has a guarantee of funds up to 48.000 pounds. Is this 100% true. Since I am a victim of Crownforx as well, I would reall like to be convinced that this is true. Because on Cronforexes web site it also says secured funds, well now will see how secured they realy are.

5. Stony

Stony Sergeant

Hi Samo,

deposits in British banks and financial institutions which are regulated by the Financial Services Authoriy (FSA) are secured up to certain amounts by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). Details you can find out here:

Home - Consumer home page - About us

Since ActivTrades is regulated by the FSA, deposits are secured. As far as I know, up to 48.000 British Pounds. But that number might have changed (upwards) during the last months.

Stony

6. Samo

Samo Recruit

Thanks Stony.

But I was told that this guarantee might only be valid for the account where you trade futures but not for the forex account. Since futures are traded on the regulated market. However forex is traded on the OTC market.

What do you think?

7. dave_rimmer

dave_rimmer Recruit

Activtrades

SCAMMERS
    I was with this company for several months and am actively pursueing a complaint with them.They are not good broker with constant requotes and platform freezing.There head of operations Mr pike is rude and offensive who blames everything else but there fault.
    Stay well...well clear

8. Zenith

Zenith Recruit

I had a chat with the customer support for a couple of requotes, last week. They suggested to switch my account to the interbank profile. At the moment I'm happy with this arrangement. No more requotes and competitive spreads.

9. lex7775

lex7775 Banned

i absolutly agree with you..

when i was there it was hell

forget this broker ...:hissyfit:

10. FxQueen

FxQueen Recruit

I've stuck with them for a few months myself.

I am not one to quickly condemn a broker for inappropriate trading decisions but when your brokers platform starts to be manipulative, then some thing is't right. I've lost all my portfolio on that platform

Other traders, please BEWARE OF ACTIV TRADE!!!!.

fsa or no fsa theses guys will rob you in day light.
    :mad:

#10 FxQueen, Apr 5, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2010