• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Black Diamond Forex LP - Michael Salerno - rip off artist?

I am having an issue with a company
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elijah,

I'd be very annoyed with false claims, which is why I am annoyed with you.

I never said you were trying to sell something. I said there were some unusual overlaps which made me suspicious of a possible situation involving one person pretending to be more than one person without special permission. When you denied it, I pointed out the fact of an IP overlap.

1. I know the sources of my traffic. You and Marsha are both posting from IP 73.36.224.141. You've been using that IP to post since December. So far, Marsha's account creation and both of her posts are from that IP.

2. Marsha already said she knows you in Post #9. For some reason, you keep acting like she's a stranger who happened to find your thread. The only reason I'm not banning you as a probable multi is because what Marsha said provides a sensible explanation for the IP overlap.

Why are you continuing to pretend that you have no idea who she is or how she got to your thread? It would have been much more honest to come forward and admit that the two of you are both posting from the same location. Instead, you falsely accuse me of not knowing how to spot unusual activity in a forum.

actually if you had any real website dala collection, you would know the source of all your incoming traffic, false accusations are always insulting, what would you expect in return from false insinuations?

Since I know the source of the traffic shows you've been lying to me, I expect an apology from you as well as an explanation for your poor behavior. This is the 3rd time I've asked you to be honest. Please do not disappoint me with more dishonesty or waste my time with more useless insults.

Elijah,

I'd be very annoyed with false claims, which is why I am annoyed with you.

I never said you were trying to sell something. I said there were some unusual overlaps which made me suspicious of a possible situation involving one person pretending to be more than one person without special permission. When you denied it, I pointed out the fact of an IP overlap.

1. I know the sources of my traffic. You and Marsha are both posting from IP 73.36.224.141. You've been using that IP to post since December. So far, Marsha's account creation and both of her posts are from that IP.

2. Marsha already said she knows you in Post #9. For some reason, you keep acting like she's a stranger who happened to find your thread. The only reason I'm not banning you as a probable multi is because what Marsha said provides a sensible explanation for the IP overlap.

Why are you continuing to pretend that you have no idea who she is or how she got to your thread? It would have been much more honest to come forward and admit that the two of you are both posting from the same location. Instead, you falsely accuse me of not knowing how to spot unusual activity in a forum.

Since I know the source of the traffic shows you've been lying to me, I expect an apology from you as well as an explanation for your poor behavior. This is the 3rd time I've asked you to be honest. Please do not disappoint me with more dishonesty or waste my time with more useless insults.

SAVE IT, I am not acting, and nothing I said is not true to fact. Yes I know Marsha, and not biblically, and for the record she is strange! just because someone uses a common IP doesnt make them the same person, you made several false accusations, and severalk infrences as to what you imagined (which turned outt tto be untrue) I am not pretending anything, perhaps if you were a little more interested in the facts, they wouldntt be so hard for you to obtain. and it is a matter of fact I dont know how she got to the thread, maybe we should ask her? if its important as I do not know, but I did post the thread in several places online and in various social media. I was not witth her when she arrived at the site, so asking me is pointless as I have no direct or indirect knowledge of how, but you might be right! it is my bet that she arrived via one of the several links I posted online in other places linking to here, bitching about the rip off artist Mike Salerno. and BTW I did submit a complaint to the CFTC. and btw I didnt know she was going to post here before she did it, hello I am not her stop assuming that, I didnt know until after your system emailed me that someone responded here.

unusual doesnt mean duplicate account, are you done with the multiple users accusations? instead of focusing on whats important some sleeve ball ripping off new forex traders every day, you are busy worrying about and imagining that users have double accounts when they dont.

I focus on keeping the forums fair to all parties involved. If I have to waste time dragging the truth out of users when checking on something suspicious, it's that much less time I have to spend looking at complaints about possible scams. I've run the forums and reviews for a long time. The number of people who try to make multies to support a scam complaint is nearly as large as the number who do it to support a scam company. If I don't examine possible multies against a company as closely as possible multies in favor of a company, then the FPA can have no claim to fairness.

There is a very high correlation between IP overlaps in cases of "me too" posts and multies. If I had been 100% certain the two of you were multies, I'd have banned both accounts instantly. Instead, I asked what was going on and you lied.

Even after I pointed out the IP overlap and Marsha explained things, you were the one who chose to keep providing false information. It doesn't take a genius to guess that your actions of false denials and rudeness before your newest post are often correlated with multies. Only Marsha's post saved you from being banned as a multi. At least she knew how to tell the truth the first time she was asked.

As it stands, consider yourself on warning for unethical and uncivilized behavior. If there are any repeats, you'll be banned for unacceptable conduct.

Thanks for finally telling the truth. You may now proceed to continue working on your issue. Since you've contacted the CFTC, I suggest asking Marsha and anyone else you know who was a victim to do the same. Feel free to invite other victims you know to join the discussion, but ask them to do so from their own homes or offices.

Elijah decided to try to continue throwing his temper tantrum. He's now banned.

Marsha, please give more details. You can do that in this thread or you can start a new thread.

While you may not Elijah's remarks I agree with his claims...I used to work in one of the offices...There are a lot of things that don't "pass the smell test at Black Diamond"...Here are a few:

1. Why were we promised to trade live capital in the beginning of August and it is now the end of August and capital still hasn't been traded?
2. Why hasn't BD been able to offer each employee segregated accounts so the employee can see their name and account balance at all times?
3. Why when the first classes that signed up for BD that there were only 3 offices (Miami, Philly, NYC) that were going to open, now there are 15-20 offices listed? BD is hiring inexperienced traders with no proof that their methodologies work and they want to open more offices? Trading is a profession of extremely high attrition. Why would a business risk even more capital on unproven individuals unless they needed to gather risk deposits to convert to operating expenses because they were cash poor?
4. Why are remote trading positions offered WITH NO INTERVIEW NEEDED????!?!? (http://www.blackdiamondforex.com/remote-trading) Scroll to the bottom of the page you where you will see this statement. What sort of business gives out $50K in capital with no interview needed?

There are so many more things that smell like rotten garbage at this place...I would be extremely wary of getting involved with BD...

Despite the way in which Elijah went about sharing this info about Black Diamond, I can confirm that a lot of what he, along with "RippedOffInPhilly" is saying about it, is correct. While I do not know these individuals, I am specifically joining this site today, to support their claims. I can also add that the Michael J Salerno that is running Black Diamond spent 21 months in jail after being indicted in 2005 in New Jersey for multiple counts of tax fraud, wire fraud, and giving false statements. One can simply google "Michael J Salerno flemington" or ""usa v michael j salerno 2005" or "michael j salerno lynn gale" to get details about the case and who is running Black Diamond. While I am all for giving people second chances in life, when you add his past to the way he is running Black Diamond now, I think anyone looking to trade and give money to a company run by him, should be aware of his history.

Have you verified that the Google results regarding criminal charges point to the same Michael Salerno who is involved with Black Diamond? One of the results I found is this:

http://www.nj.com/hunterdon/index.ssf/2015/10/post_5.html

It talks about a second Michael Salerno from the same city.

I'm not defending or attacking the Michael Salerno of Black Diamond by asking this. I just want to be sure whether he's the same Michael Salerno who had some previous legal issues or not.

I'm also interested in something which came up earlier in the thread. MarshaMaines (TM) mentioned that Elijah had introduced her to Apiary. I was very suspicious of Apiary from the moment I first heard about it, but the reviews have been pretty good over the years. If Apiary is good, why would Marsha and Elijah jump over to another company? Did anyone else move from one of these other "Let us train you and we'll fund you" companies to Black Diamond?

Pharaoh,

Yes, through research, background checks, etc, it has been confirmed that the Michael J Salerno running Black Diamond Forex is the one who was in jail. The age, previous towns lived in, and mothers name(who can be seen in the one link as the person who posted bail for him) are all matches between the Black Diamond Salerno and the Salerno who was indicted and convicted by the US Attorneys office in NJ. The one in the article who is pictured is someone else who kept being mistaken for him.

I do not know anything about Apiary and don't know Elijah, other than knowing his name from the Chicago group of which I was not a part.

There's over 150 traders that have paid "risk deposits" to Black Diamond/Salerno (they recently removed any text saying "risk deposit" and only call them "capital contributions" or "training fees" now). Some, including myself were misled and strung along for months saying "live trading" would start the following week or so, only to be given a new excuse why that wouldn't happen and that the traders would stay have to stay on demo for the time being. Eventually, numerous people were going to start looking more heavily into Salerno's background and find this stuff out. Unfortunately, it was too late for the 150+ who already gave money.

The final straw for many was when he told some of the traders that instead of "going live" he would pay them the profits they made off their demo accounts. At the same time, he was telling traders in other offices that those traders were "live" trading.

Maybe all those traders will eventually be given live accounts but I'm not sure what Salerno's "end game" is here, so it's not something I wanted to be a part of.

My name is MARSHA MAINES. I live in Charlottesville Virginia and a friend of mine who taught me Forex Trading a year ago introduce me do the Forex trade. Elijah told me of another company that he was starting to trade with call Black Diamond Forex here in Chicago he directed me to their website I went to their website and looked at all the different offices they had available I emailed their offices and ask them if they had anything in the Washington DC area they did not they said they had offices in New York Philadelphia Miami Chicago and soon other places all over the US. I was told that training was provided and that they were hiring traders to work on their trading floors in their trading offices I was born in this country and usually when an employer hires you and they have an office you get up in the morning you get dressed and you drive to the office if you go to work and then you drive home and at the end of the week you collect a paycheck. I emailed Darrell the account representative and we talk on the phone at least three or four times before he said that I can pick any office to work out of if I happen to relocate I could come work at one of those offices until they had a washington-dc location. My husband and I used his entire disability check for the month of July and made arrangements to come stay at Elijah's home so I could go to work at Black Diamond Forex OFFICE in Chicago. After we arrived here the three of us went to a training class at Dunkin Donuts in downtown Chicago where Mike was doing a presentation and it classroom with approximately 30 other people. when the class was over Mike and I met one on one to discuss my personal financial situation and that I had relocated to this office to go to work in his office only to find out he did not have an office. I wish I had recorded our conversation as it was just the two of us however he made it quite clear to me that unless I had "cash to invest" then I could not come to work in the office when the office was opening in September. I explained to him that I was broke and I had just traveled halfway across the country to come to work in his office I needed a job that's why I came. He offered me the remote access a $250 a month and email my resume into his office for consideration for any other positions he might have available.

Have you verified that the Google results regarding criminal charges point to the same Michael Salerno who is involved with Black Diamond? One of the results I found is this:

http://www.nj.com/hunterdon/index.ssf/2015/10/post_5.html

It talks about a second Michael Salerno from the same city.

I'm not defending or attacking the Michael Salerno of Black Diamond by asking this. I just want to be sure whether he's the same Michael Salerno who had some previous legal issues or not.

I'm also interested in something which came up earlier in the thread. MarshaMaines (TM) mentioned that Elijah had introduced her to Apiary. I was very suspicious of Apiary from the moment I first heard about it, but the reviews have been pretty good over the years. If Apiary is good, why would Marsha and Elijah jump over to another company? Did anyone else move from one of these other "Let us train you and we'll fund you" companies to Black Diamond?
I still trade in a demo acct with Apiary. Their BEELINE to funding training is Invaluable. I am not at a Gold 2 prefund acct and Next month hope to recieve my Funded account when i pass my exams for Gold 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back