Collecting for Profit and other revenue ideas

kimbo

Recruit
My husband recently caught the "Hummel" figurine bug and aspires to be a protifable collector.

I thought it would be fun to start a thread where members share different ways to make $ through collecting, trading, or restorations.

If any of you are a Robert Kiyoaski fan, his golden rule is to never buy assets that depreciate. I wish I learned that in my younger years.

life away from forex

I don't consider any purchase that depreciates as an asset but a liability. I know where your husband is coming from, I once collected Lladro, Carnival Glass and Art Deco. I think collecting comes into two catagories, hobby and investment. My collecting now is limited to gold sovereigns which can still be bought at bargain prices occaisionally but even at market value they appreciate and comics which definitely come under hobby. My real passion though is profitable for me and nothing to do with collecting is poker. I guess a few other traders play also as it is similar to forex in that it needs quick mathmatical calculations and patience. Any other poker diehards out there? We could get our own online weekly tournament running.

I used to collect Coalport figurines when my work frequently took me to the JCB factory at Uttoxeter the Coalport factory was on the way in Fenton (in the poteries)
Sad that the lads at JCB have just had to accept big cuts in order to stay in business.

I have no idea how much my figurines are worth, many of them are seconds and not painted in the normal colours.

Back