Current Gold Levels ?

"....There is still a downside risk to $1300. So going long now can be risky."

.........hmmmmm....bad idea to let my sweeter smelling half read that post coz now she is out on a buying spree for more jewelry at bargain price.

Not gonna try any Gold shorts until a clear bearish sign. We are in a short term uptrend.

Quicksilver, I hope you've got a SL on that trade. I think the downside risk may be worse than 1300. Of course, the sky's the limit if things turn solidly to the upside.

Note to self: Don't let RahmanSL anywhere near the treasure vaults.

"Note to self: Don't let RahmanSL anywhere near the treasure vaults."

Already been there.....nothing left....just one sweeper cleaning the room.....probably sold off treasures when gold was at 1,700 levels.

My indicator is my sweeter smelling half.....keeping a close watch on when she (and her friends) will no longer consider gold as bargain buy.

Quicksilver, I hope you've got a SL on that trade. I think the downside risk may be worse than 1300. Of course, the sky's the limit if things turn solidly to the upside.

So far so good. Fingers crossed. $1450 looks like the next point.

P.S: Last night I was just 'this' close to actually buying silver from Bullion Vault. Maybe I missed the boat, silver might head to 26.

"Last night I was just 'this' close to actually buying silver from Bullion Vault. Maybe I missed the boat, silver might head to 26."

You will get your chance to get back in on silver as I think & believe the market is not quite done with manipulating the metals.

So far so good. Fingers crossed. $1450 looks like the next point.

P.S: Last night I was just 'this' close to actually buying silver from Bullion Vault. Maybe I missed the boat, silver might head to 26.

$1450 target achieved and would like to short around 1555 if we reach there.

Been playing around with some stuff and find some interesting observations.

Gold - If a daily candle closes below 1446 and opens below it, Gold is likely to reach 1365.
Silver - Noisy
EURUSD - Targeting 1.3160 (Can't ignore this pair when you mention Gold & Silver)
oh and because EURUSD is mentioned, I might as well mention some more.

AUDUSD - Targeting 0.95839
NZDUSD - Targeting 0.84130

P.S: By the way, these are not trade recommendations, but rather an experiment on a new system i'm trying out (backtesting done. Forward testing on demo from next week).
P.P.S: These are long term targets, so expecting TP's to be reached either end of this new week or end of next week.
P.P.P.S: Pharaoh/RahmanSL, I hope you guys are subscribed to this thread... need someone to watch/remind me IF these levels are hit.
P.P.P.P.S: Apologies if it seems like I have hijacked this thread.

Hi quicksilver (must be a huge fan of that superhero character :cool:),

I'll do one better and, when market opens, actually put in some "small" trades based on your "experimental new system" ;)....and if I make money, I will keep all the profits.....if I lose money, I will come in here and tell you "bad experimental system" :p

....hmmmmm, I have some long still opened positions on USD/JPY...any idea on probability of the pair going up to the 100 levels next week as some analyst have predicted??....I don't think so, as it might just hit the 99 level and then take a nose-dive down to the 97, and even 95, levels.
Anywhere, I will be observing this pair very closely as all my still opened positions are on them.

I still am not sure what I did right, but my small trial live accounts (USD1.1 & 1.3k), with my trail new brokers ICMarkets & Axitrader, but the account balance are up by 283% & 163% respectively (118% accumulatively) since 14 &15 Apri 2013.

So, I will have some room to accommodate some positions on your "experimental new system" and shall report here as I have them.

Cheers and all the best!

Well, at least for YOUR sake, I hope the price targets are hit ;) I had to download ctrader to put in my pending orders (strange MT4 doesn't allow that)

USDJPY - Given the current state, I wouldn't really enter a position. From the looks of it, there is a probability of 97.45 being reached (97.2 to be precise). Expect to see some ranging/bounces happening around 97 region. 96.86 is showing up as a strong support level and if it holds (and there are new buy orders sitting there), then probably we could see the level of 100 being breached finally.

Not sure if 100 will happen this week, but it is likely that 97 region to be hit by Wed/Thus.

Drawing an inference of the above to economic events, Monday Pending home sales is looking to be strong, which should potentially make the Yen weaker against the Dollar (maybe this will push Yen to 97 region).

Wednesday, ISM index shows to be weak and on the same day the BOJ minutes are due.

I think what might push Yen higher would be perhaps a weak/soft unemployment data and some push from the BOJ minutes. The region near 99 was tested about 3 times most recently, maybe 4th time the Yen might get lucky.

P.S: Since you are already long, look for Tue/Wed opening price. If it opens higher (wed open > tue open), then you're in the money.

Back