Demo trading for 6 months

And if, after 2 solid months, your demo trading is still losing badly, would you then recommend going live?
Agreed. Going live should be only after demo trading shows promising results. No point in losing money if your strategy is failing on demo.

Agreed. Going live should be only after demo trading shows promising results. No point in losing money if your strategy is failing on demo.
Yes if in demo still often faced with failure hence in real account also will bad result, and success in demo actually not guarantee will success also in real account, because in real account usually we trade with emotion

I think that when one is a newbie and they're still learning it's very important to remember that if one strategy is not working, rather than stubbornly trying to make it work one can always move onto another and they can do that as many times as they need to until they find a strategy that satisfies them completely. Take your time to learn and experiment.

Yes i think is good if we making experiment in demo account which we can test kinds system and strategy to making better result in trading, using demo account is good way to learn forex trading system, at least six month also good as early preparation

Yes if in demo still often faced with failure hence in real account also will bad result, and success in demo actually not guarantee will success also in real account, because in real account usually we trade with emotion

Many traders have success on demo, then lose on the real account due to emotions and the increases in slippage and requotes which happen in the real market.

I'm still waiting to hear about even one trader who regularly blew out demo accounts, went live, and was immediately profitable.

I was on demo for 9 months with Hotforex 4 years ago then blowed up 4 small live accounts with them, then returned to demo to work out trading strategy together which is focused on consistency rather on making a lot of cash with high risk. And then I returned to live and yet hadn't have single margin call for 2.5 year.

Many traders have success on demo, then lose on the real account due to emotions and the increases in slippage and requotes which happen in the real market.

I'm still waiting to hear about even one trader who regularly blew out demo accounts, went live, and was immediately profitable.

Demo trading for 6mo+ is ridiculous. You nailed it on the emotional side. People need to have skin in the game to understand the game. Having a plan by demo trading is great until you get hit in the face once with live money.. you just wasted a year and leanred that you have no idea what is coming. At least in a micro account you can learn all aspects and scale up to whats approprite.

Demo trading for 6mo+ is ridiculous. You nailed it on the emotional side. People need to have skin in the game to understand the game. Having a plan by demo trading is great until you get hit in the face once with live money.. you just wasted a year and leanred that you have no idea what is coming. At least in a micro account you can learn all aspects and scale up to whats approprite.

Perhaps, but if you are still losing on demo, why deliberately throw money away on a live account?

Back