From theory to practice

M_I_H_A_I

Recruit
Hi,

I have started to learn Forex Trading at BabyPips School a few months ago.

I have finished 170 lessons from a total of 360 lessons, without practice, neither on a demo account.

BUT, in this moment I can say that I have tested, a little, the TrendView charts connected with a broker demo account and adding an indicator like Moving Average, Bollinger Bands, just to look...

Also, I'm tired of so much theory.

I don't want to stay 10 years to learn / go through all Forex and only then move on to the practical part.

Do I really need to go through all the theory about Forex in order to start trading (on Demo first) ?

When I refer to the practical part, I would like to have some kind of course /tutorials (I prefer videos) in which it simply takes you from scratch and insists on a certain strategy for a longer time, all you have to do for that strategy to excel.

I think we don't apply all Forex strategies.

At first, I guess you end up focusing on only one.

Does that type of practical course / tutorials exist?

Only after I excel in practicing a head-to-tail strategy, then of course I want to continue learning something else, which I will also want to focus on in order to excel.

Last edited:
If you go to Forex Military School, you can skip over the early theoretical chapters and start doing some demo work.

Forex Military School

It's right here at the FPA, and it's free.
First, I don't want now to start another course like Forex Military School (Not yet).

Second, if I skip the theory from Forex Military School, means that I skip the all chapters from the course or is a chapter somewhere for the practice (I haven't found one) ? If Yes, tell me exactly the link.

I recommend reading Day Trading and Swing Trading the Currency Market, by Kathy Lien. It helped me

I prefer to stick to one plan, with one strategy and practice it for a long time.

At the moment I don't want to read EVERYTHING about Forex for 10 years, only then to start practicing something.

True, lol. Silly me. Well, you may create a demo account somewhere and practice.
I think you haven't understand why I have asked.

Okay, the demo account is created. And then what if I don't know nothing ? Now I want the steps.........................

First, I don't want now to start another course like Forex Military School (Not yet).

Second, if I skip the theory from Forex Military School, means that I skip the all chapters from the course or is a chapter somewhere for the practice (I haven't found one) ? If Yes, tell me exactly the link.

The first discussion of demo trading in FMS is here...

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-books/64/chapter-5-part-vi-the-time-has-come-to-talk-about-demo

If you want to be a technical trader, skip ahead to...

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-books/174/chapter-31-part-ii-mechanical-system-creation-framework

and refer back to anything you plan to use from chart patterns and indicators you want to build into your system. You should be able to have something simple up and running for initial testing within a day or two. Then keep refining it until you can make it profitable on demo.

Hello!
I remember days I was confused as you are right now!
I understand you, there is a long way as you mentioned.
Yes, start with a demo account, why not?
at the same time try to watch videos of Reynar Teo, he can show you the road.
Try to know yourself better, then you can make better decisions! Being a scalper or swing trader, etc.

Back