Does forex strategies usually work?

I can discuss only about the topic of usage one or several strategies for a very long time. I backtested so many strategies using metatrader strategy tester in MetaTrader 4 and 5. All strategies is based from my understanding how the market works. Most using simple standard indicator like rsi, stochastic, moving averages and bollinger bands.
What I can conclude is that good performance in the past does not guarantee profit in the future. To overcome this problem I used optimization function in the robot tester to find the best workable parameter to forecast what should happen in future. It might not be 100% accurate but at least have an edge to win the market.

It might not be 100% accurate but at least have an edge to win the market.
You can't expect same results from backtest in live trading because you make simulation in "laboratory environment", environment live trading is imperfect (slippages, technical issue and so on )

Some work better than others, some don't work very well at all.
A strategy is just a set of rules which must be met in order for the trader to make the trade.
In answer to your questions, yes they can work well, but don't always expect 100% constancy. This is where account management and capital preservation comes in.

Forex strategies work but should be first properly backtested in demo account and show returns sufficiently high to cover slippage and wider spreads also should not be too sensitive to execution speed as demo doesn't involve any liquidity.

Usually, to measure trading strategy work, traders make a trading journal and make comparison winning rate and loss rate in every trade they made, if the win rate is higher than the loss rate, the strategy is work, but if the loss rate is higher than the win rate, the strategy doesn't work

Yes they do in my case Supply and Demand trading buddy .
You have to backtest , demo it forward test etc get a real feel for it oh and pick a time frame that best suits your lifestyle

Usually, to measure trading strategy work, traders make a trading journal and make comparison winning rate and loss rate in every trade they made, if the win rate is higher than the loss rate, the strategy is work, but if the loss rate is higher than the win rate, the strategy doesn't work
I can't agree with that, win rate can be lower than loss rate and still you will be profitable.

I can't agree with that, win rate can be lower than loss rate and still you will be profitable.
Yes indeed possible, but it is impossible when using a 1:1 risk-reward ratio, I just take a general setup risk-reward ratio of 1:1, and possible still profitable when using a higher RR although the win rate is lower than the loss rate.

Back