economic calendar news

No need to do news-based trades, it's just good to know what's happening in real time.

I agree with you but for this you have to trade on larger time frames. If you are a day trader or a scalper, then you have to look at news as a must.

Usually I am reading news on forexfactory, this site also always update news on time, and also already available detail explanation about news and what impact to currency.

I agree with you but for this you have to trade on larger time frames. If you are a day trader or a scalper, then you have to look at news as a must.
Yes, definitely. But if you're a scalper better to avoid important news altogether as gaps may jump over your stop loss.

Hi pelords,

Just to add on to the list of suggestions :)
I kinda like FxStreet's one a lot fxstreet.com/economic-calendar ; due to the tick under the 'time left' column... very easy to the eyes :)

Cheers and happy trading buddy!

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, definitely. But if you're a scalper better to avoid important news altogether as gaps may jump over your stop loss.
Yes scalping trader might better avoid news especially high impact like as nfp, fomc etc, because often after news has been released then price move with spike movement and unpredictable, maybe dangerous if scalping on news use big lot size

Yes scalping trader might better avoid news especially high impact like as nfp, fomc etc, because often after news has been released then price move with spike movement and unpredictable, maybe dangerous if scalping on news use big lot size

Whenever we are doing our trades that are actually based on scalping then the risks in our trading are also greatly increased :)

Well, last week's euro news showed that not only scalpers were at risk during such events.

I think that one should follow the economic news even if they trade on the larger time frames. Occasionally high impact events have an effect on the market that is large enough to influence even those people. Besides, it's good to be informed what is going on around you even if you don't think it will affect you much.

Looking at economic calendar is necessary for inter day traders. Its because for inter day traders and scalpers a little bad move in market can cause loss so they have to beware of news time.

Back