EPIC Managed Funds

C M Herndon

Recruit
Heads up for this "fund". They guarantee return of the program purchase fee if their programs lose money over a twelve month period. I enrolled in FX Forecaster in November 2007. The acct. steadily lost money, but I never heard from anyone about getting out. They just let it ride until about nine hundred dollars of the original five thousand was left. I closed the account and put in a request for the program refund. The folks at EPIC received the documents on December 15, 2008. I am still waiting for my refund. The main contact at EPIC is Richard Brooks, and the "owner" is a guy named Ryan Manzanilla. The Attorney General in California told me this is a Federal matter since it was conducted across state lines. I will wait and see. Meanwhile, look elsewhere for managed funds.

Epic Investment Solutions ==> SCAM

I too was lured by the 12-month iron-clad guarantee in Aug 2008 after trying my best at due diligence for 9 months. Ryan Manzanilla, CEO and Founder.

Their EUR/USD and USD/JPY system was auto-traded as "Parman Master 5" at GainCapital. I wish I could have been on the other side of each trade: poor money management, low ratio of winners, and nonexistent communication gutted my $10,000 account -94% in less than 5 months.

I waited til my 1-year anniversary to claim my $7,000 front fee refund. Too bad again. They have totally vanished with my fee money.

Has anyone learned how to locate the principals through the CFTC, what help they can give to enter Small Claims Court? Or is CFTC all smoke and CYA?

Last edited:
That kind of depends. If they were registered, it shouldn't be hard to find them. If they weren't registered, then your only option is to report them and hope the CFTC decides to investigate.

Back