EUR/USD at the 1.3800 level.

The EURUSD had a narrow range day yesterday and is likely sidelined waiting for today’s European Central Bank (ECB) interest rate decision and monetary policy statement and press conference.

EUR ECB's Mario Draghi will speak at the rate decision press conference later today and the non-farm payrolls are on Friday, so the market is expected to be pretty volatile for the rest of the week. We'll have to wait and see what the effect of these events will be

the market is correcting after today's speech, I think i will buy short looking for the next resistance level @1.2710

Euro will go back to 1.32 before end of year.close your short position before you are wiped out.we will have same scenario as for the gbp when it reached 1.71 and people started calling long position 1.78 and 1.85... -
this message today was sent to me from unknown mail
what do you think about it?

EURUSD has wavered around 1.2650 since Draghi’s speech, and the next key event that could determine is future direction is tomorrow’s US payrolls report. Another sub-150k ready for NFPs could trigger a sharper pullback in the EURUSD downtrend, back towards the 1.2800 highs from 24th September.

The non-farm payrolls certainly had an effect and EUR/USD fell another 70 pips today. The bearish trend shows no signs of exhaustion and if you look at the monthly filter chart the previous lows are at 1.2030 and 1.1870 so I wouldn't be surprised if it's headed for those targets, though I don't think it will happen any time soon.

Back