European Forex Professional Weekly 2010-01-14

I understand, we've talked about the same thing but with different words.
You're right, concerning earnings report that will be particular interesting (although I'm not intend to invest in equities in near term).
I think that the most interesting will be banking sector reports and Credit card deliquences information. I expect that JPM will show better than expected earnings.
But I'm not sure that only reports can influence EUR/USD. Today's data was also in a row with expectation and showed growth. Dollar gain not only from domestic improvements but from problems in EU and other countries also.

My tight short-term level of 1.4420 was broken, it means that weekly bearish trend should continue in nearest term, so I will be looking for enter short.

Gold moving in a row with EUR/USD. Also potentially bearish signal on a weekly Crude oil, may be I'll enter on the next week. But, the moving of US Treasuries confusing me a bit. That's why I thought that it can be another up move...

EURUSD and Gold Daily DEMA is about to turn bearish. If this occurs both daily and the weekly trends will be down.

Well, I have a sleeping short order around 1.4420, but possibly market will not reach it, because 1.4400 - Confluence and agreement resistance.
On 1.4420 agreement and hourly ovebought level, so it's very suitable for shorting.

On gold and Crude Oil I'm already short now on a weekly basis. (relatively long-term). But possibly, on crude oil there will be additional oportunity to enter short around 80$ (March contract).

Sive.

Attachments

• EUR_USD_1H_18-01-10.JPG
    EUR_USD_1H_18-01-10.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 23
Well, I have a sleeping short order around 1.4420, but possibly market will not reach it, because 1.4400 - Confluence and agreement resistance.
On 1.4420 agreement and hourly ovebought level, so it's very suitable for shorting.

On gold and Crude Oil I'm already short now on a weekly basis. (relatively long-term). But possibly, on crude oil there will be additional oportunity to enter short around 80$ (March contract).

Sive.

Thanks Sive.. I am glad that you share your trades with us.

On Gold, I only able to open one contract since the stoploss you mentioned is too wide for me. (I limit myself with %2 of my money for each trade with 1/10 levereage.)

On EURTRY & USDTRY pairs, we are still waiting for the IMF standby agreement and I am not quite sure how the Turkish market will react this news since it has been bought several times by the market after it was first rumoured last year.

On Gold, I only able to open one contract since the stoploss you mentioned is too wide for me. (I limit myself with %2 of my money for each trade with 1/10 levereage.)

Well, it's a weekly trend, so the right stops usually far a bit. But you can trade shorter trends. My positions basically long term.

Concerning 2% rule - it's simple and wise.

On EURTRY & USDTRY pairs, we are still waiting for the IMF standby agreement and I am not quite sure how the Turkish market will react this news since it has been bought several times by the market after it was first rumoured last year.

Unfortunately I do not track this pair and really can't help.

Unfortunately I do not track this pair and really can't help.

I know, just wanted to share my situation and the reason why I couldn't open a EUR short position.

But today, seeing that it is too close to the 1.4420 confluence I opened a EUR short position since SL is too tight and loss amont is sacrificable.

I am now both short on Gold and EUR.

Nice enter, Sentinel. Looks like forecast was correct and you're already earn about 100+ pips.

My sleeping order was 1.4420, but unfortunately it wasn't touched a bit.
And I was out of the office. But this is not the end - will try to enter on retracement later...

1) Market closed below Weekly confluence level.
2) Daily, Weekly trends are bearish.
3) We are now at OS level.

What is your opinion Sive? Wait for a retracement to normal OB/OS level for a new short?

What is your opinion Sive? Wait for a retracement to normal OB/OS level for a new short?

Well, dealing with OB/OS is allways as slice and dice. But very possible that housing data today will be anemic. I indend to enter on a short side, so there are 2 possible levels:
1.4250-1.4260 - hourly Confluence. This level is mostly probable to reach.
And 1.430 - hourly confluence and level when OS should be normalized.

Moving higher to 1.4380-1.44 is also possible, but there is a great risk to receive weekly W&R in this case. If it will happen, I will not enter on short side probably.

EURUSD reached another weekly confluence level (1.4115 - 1.4080). Weekly COP is close at 1.4010. Daily Detrend Oscillator is OS at daily chart. I think it is time to take a break and wait for next opportunity.

Closing my EUR short positions.

Last edited:
Back