• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Forex-MegaDroid.com

General discussions of a financial company
Dirk, everyone,

Always good to check in and say hello. Its a nice time for a little vacation here in the US. Good feast and family.

I also ran FapTurbo, as did many of us. Thats the first EA I bought when it first came out. I had high hopes for it, but soon learned to be disapointed.

Megadroid is the only EA that I've had on a live account for over a year, and it has consistently done well. Not always the most frequent trader, but very good at avoiding losses. I hesitate to say it has a high win rate because most of its supposed wins are actually breakeven trades with a 1 pip gain.

Be cautious running Aggressive mode and very cautious running Recovery mode. I dont use Recovery mode, and I currently run two chart windows with MD, one Aggressive On with a small risk setting, and the other Aggressive Off with a large risk setting. You will need to have an offshore broker or a broker like FXDD that has worked a way around the FIFO rules.

The only other EA that I am currently running is Forex Hippo. I've had this on a live account now for a few months. I like this EA. I've had good results with it, but it is not in the same catagory as MegaDroid. I currently run this on 7 pairs, and it has taken some losses, but its overall still profitable. The key with indicator based systems like this is to use the filters to try to limit the trading, and not get greedy. Its important to eliminate as much risk as possible, even if it mean not trading.

Thanks Ken and Dirk for your suggestions. I will begin looking at the EAs you each use. I've run MD with real money since April of 2009 and it has been profitable. I've used FXDD and been able to take advantage of their mew money bonus a couple of times which helps overall returns. I've been running with small risk size (5%) and aggressive and recovery on. Right now, I'm playing with the market's money so I'm inclined to keep things as they are. Talk to you folks again soon.

John

Thanks Ken and Dirk for your suggestions. I will begin looking at the EAs you each use. I've run MD with real money since April of 2009 and it has been profitable. I've used FXDD and been able to take advantage of their mew money bonus a couple of times which helps overall returns. I've been running with small risk size (5%) and aggressive and recovery on. Right now, I'm playing with the market's money so I'm inclined to keep things as they are. Talk to you folks again soon.

John

Be very careful using the EA's we mention. I cant really recomend anything but Megadroid.
FXDD works fine for MD. As a US regulated broker, it doesnt have the problems with FIFO and Hedging that some of the others do, and the 2 pip spread is fine. Some other brokers do offer better spreads, and this may seem to give more trades, but many of them are offshore or have side commisions, and I havent noticed enough of a difference to change.

Running Aggressive and Recovery On works well with a smaller position size, as long as your willing to accept the occaisional increased risk. Turning these features off allows us to safely run a larger position size all the time with no risk of doubling.

Recent performance

I've been using Megadroid successfully all year, but the ride since September has been a lot bumpier. Trades are more likely to go seriously south before breaking even, and the number of pips yielded in a profitable trade has gone down. Is it the market, my broker (ATC) or just me? I've upgraded to 1.30, but that hasn't improved things. I'm trading with agressive on and recovery mode off, with risk set at 10%.

I've been using Megadroid successfully all year, but the ride since September has been a lot bumpier. Trades are more likely to go seriously south before breaking even, and the number of pips yielded in a profitable trade has gone down. Is it the market, my broker (ATC) or just me? I've upgraded to 1.30, but that hasn't improved things. I'm trading with agressive on and recovery mode off, with risk set at 10%.

I've been watching the same thing. Most of the problems seem to be aggressive trades that open before the NY close. What I've done is to open two EURUSD charts and put MD on both with different reference numbers. On one I'm running a small position size with Aggressive On, and the other is running a large position size with Aggressive Off.

How are you managing to run this on ATC which has to be FIFO compliant? I know they use FXCM's liquidity feed and FXCM has no provisions to work around the FIFO and Hedging rules.

I'm still using FXDD which has a net position based accounting platform and can perform all the FIFO and Hedging compliance within their accounting, back of the house, without interfering with MT4's trading.

How are you managing to run this on ATC which has to be FIFO compliant? I know they use FXCM's liquidity feed and FXCM has no provisions to work around the FIFO and Hedging rules.

I hadn't really thought about that. I had asked ATC about FIFO and hedging rules back when I signed up, and they gave me the impression that there were no worries regarding Megadroid. I could dig up their email if you are really interested. Megadroid, in any case, has worked for me on ATC, but as I said, lately it doesn't seem to be running on all its cylinders.

I am hoping someone can help answer my question.

I oversee a range of accounts within the same broker all using Megadriod.

In megadriods most recent trade some have gone to stoploss and other have exited with profit. We all use the same VPS so internet connection shouldnt be the issue.

We all use FXPRIMUS brokerage and after talking at length with them i dont believe that they are trading against us as the EA is the one executing the trade and some large accounts won the previous trade however some lost with MD allowing a 62pip SL

All accounts had stealth mode set to on... however i believe this could have been one of the reasons that led to this issue? Can anyone go into detail about this setting.. or anyone give reasons why some accounts are seeing differences?

Any ideas??

Thanks
Ricky

I am hoping someone can help answer my question.

I oversee a range of accounts within the same broker all using Megadriod.

In megadriods most recent trade some have gone to stoploss and other have exited with profit. We all use the same VPS so internet connection shouldnt be the issue.

We all use FXPRIMUS brokerage and after talking at length with them i dont believe that they are trading against us as the EA is the one executing the trade and some large accounts won the previous trade however some lost with MD allowing a 62pip SL

All accounts had stealth mode set to on... however i believe this could have been one of the reasons that led to this issue? Can anyone go into detail about this setting.. or anyone give reasons why some accounts are seeing differences?

Any ideas??

Thanks
Ricky

Megadroid doesnt always trade the same on every account, even at the same broker. Occaisionally everyone may have the same trade with the same timing, but more often, even when the trade is basicaly the same, the timing will be different.

Examine your trades a bit closer. Are they all the same type of trade, conservative or aggressive? Did they all open at exactly the same time and price? Probably not. Each instance of MD opened its own trades and managed them individualy. Thats one reason why MD has been able to survive with a lot of users all doing the same thing at the same time, Stealth mode is anouther.
If your not sure about Stealth mode, turn it off, MD trades perfectly well without it, and then you can see the actual stops and targets. I run it this way.

Without having the source code to examine theres little way we could discern what its internal proccesses really are. The best we can do is examine its trading and try to make educated guesses.

The last trade I show on my FXDD account was on 11/25, and it went to full profit, 10 pips conservative trade.

Broker question

In slightly over a week, not only did Megadroid recover as usual from the most recent loss it took, but kept on making further profits: FxPro_MD System | Myfxbook

Hi Pipsbuster,

I've been following your fxbook results for several months now and my results are way off yours. I'm using an ECN account with FX Primus and I've decided to change brokers.

I can see you're using FXPro from the fxbook info. Is yours a standard account or is there an ECN option that you use with them?

thanks,
Ray

PS: I just saw forex4crew (Ricky's) post above. I'm getting terrible results even with an ECN account paying 1 pip per round trade in comms. When I was using FX Primus' fixed spread account before I hit a SL when no one else did, compared it to megadroid results on another site that tracked results on 6 different brokerages and none of them hit the SL. So decided to bite the bullet and switch to ECN but the comms eats into the profit and I've never gotten a full 10 pip profit from any trade. Its always 7 or 8 pips when you guys were getting 10 pips. I've had other accounts with FX Primus before and they had stopped execution on those accounts in the past giving reasons like the banks providing liquidity were not putting the trades through. Now I'm getting execution problems again. Past week when you guys were getting trades, I've had none. I looked up the Journal log in MT4 and found several trade orders were rejected by the server. I've had it with them, time to move on.

PS again; I am using a VPS. FX Primus provides free VPS service via a partner and the VPS seems to be OK albeit based in Malaysia. I've not had issue with their service. I'm in singapore, when using their free VPS I connect it to fx primus' server in Singapore so the proximity is not an issue. Compared it to my second VPS account, VPS Land which is similar to forex VPS' setup, they are in atlanta and have oodles of redundancy and the performance is good as well. However, I don't think the issue is the VPS. I've had poor results running the EA from both.

Last edited:
Back