• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Forex-MegaDroid.com

General discussions of a financial company
Cool, thanks for the input Ken, much appreciated!

Looking forward to some profitable trades with MD, can't for the life of me figure out why I stopped using it in the first place ... :err:

Hi all,

Im new to EA's and I', thinking of going with Megadroid after much research.

Just wondering as of March 2010.. is this still working well for you guys?

Anyone still having problems or little or no trades?

Lastly, can anyone confirm results with gomarketsaus.com (Go Markets Australia?)

thanks

FOMC Interest Rate Decisions today at 4:15 eastern time

Right durring MegaDroids trading hours

This may not be the best, or safest day for trading

MD only trade few

MegaDroid did take 1 trade yesterday 3/16 using the more aggressive setting and closed with 6 pips profit on my FXDD accounts, both live and demo, and 3.8 pips profit on an FXCM demo account.

Hi all,
I got 2 questions about setting up Megadroid

a) GMT Offset.
I am in Sydney Australia, running on GoMarkets.
The Gomartkets page says their GMT offset is +2

When Megadroid GMT settings is set to Auto, the chart says the GMT Offset is
+1 (Auto: Local)

Is this right? Should I set it to +2? What exactly is that + 2?
Australia is GMT+10!?

b) The Lot Size Setting.
Default is 0.1.
Does that mean it will always trade at 0.1 ?
The manual says if Automated order sizing is not required, this value will be taken?
Where in the settings can I change auto lot sizing?

thanks all.

Hi all,
I got 2 questions about setting up Megadroid

a) GMT Offset.
I am in Sydney Australia, running on GoMarkets.
The Gomartkets page says their GMT offset is +2

When Megadroid GMT settings is set to Auto, the chart says the GMT Offset is
+1 (Auto: Local)

Is this right? Should I set it to +2? What exactly is that + 2?
Australia is GMT+10!?

b) The Lot Size Setting.
Default is 0.1.
Does that mean it will always trade at 0.1 ?
The manual says if Automated order sizing is not required, this value will be taken?
Where in the settings can I change auto lot sizing?

thanks all.
Hi,

The auto offset is based on the broker server time, not the country that you from.
When you sent to auto GMT at MD, mean your broker server time is GMT+1.
Lot size 0.1 is the size to trade by MD, auto lot sizing is to allow MD calculate the size to trade based on you capital, you can change it at the setting.

This is all explained pretty well in the MegaDroid manual. GMT Offset is the difference between your platforms operating time (not the time where you are) and actual GMT.

Broker

Hi all,

Im new to EA's and I', thinking of going with Megadroid after much research.

Just wondering as of March 2010.. is this still working well for you guys?

Anyone still having problems or little or no trades?

Lastly, can anyone confirm results with gomarketsaus.com (Go Markets Australia?)

thanks

Hi, the most important part to me about MD is the broker. And then just all the normal things like recovery and also the % of 0.2 or 0.25. Some people do not agree with this but MD has so much intelligence and I don't think there is another EA that can adapt to the market conditions that well. So just trust it and leave it. It will do the rest. I am running it live on The Collective (a broker club) for 4 months now and I am in a very healthy profit. It made a few losses over this period as normal and I need to pay membership fees every month but it's still in very good profit. In parallel I am running demos and also test other brokers. I can say my best broker for MD is ATC. On everything I tried ATC does the best on a very constant basis. So I would recommend that. I have a profit of 48% on ATC over that past 8 weeks total. That is 21.6% per month. I think it is good since the commission on ATC is 80% of one lot you trade. In other words $8 per full lot of $10 or 80 cents per mini lot. Its sounds a lot and looks a lot but the way MD trades makes that look like nothing.

Back