• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Forex-MegaDroid.com

General discussions of a financial company
My experience with Megadroid

Good morning all. Im new here and thought I would share my Megadroid experience and settings.

I have been using MD since mid April, about 4 weeks. I started with FXCM-US and have added, IBFX and Alpari-UK all demo accounts. I have just funded FXCM UK and will go live next week.

I started running on a home laptop but have been running on ForexVPS for about three weeks using their UK servers smallest service which allows for two MT4s and Two EAs running simultaneously..../~$55/month. Their service is exceptional. If you are serious about this, I would reccomend them. Their US servers are $35/mo. I went with UK servers because I want to have UK accounts if possible for the protections that are apparently offered over there. I am US based

My plan is to live test FXCM UK on monday and then add Alpari live i n a week or two if all goes well.

So far I have had over 40 demo trades across the three brokers, the most with FXCM since they were the first, all profitable except three.

FXCM is +12%, Alpari is +15%. IBFX is new but all profitable.

On May 11, I had two very large back to back losses on FXCM but have since recovered. As others have reported, I believe this was due to discovering that I had a disconnect and I restarted during the trading session. This is when I went with Forex VPS. Stability and high speed connectivity are important. Both FXCM and Alpari run live with MD 2/7 on these servers and I make a habit of restarting the MT4s both on Sunday afternoon and resetting the magic numbers for the week.

I am running 0.1 on IBFX and FXCM and 0.2 on Alpari. All are aggressive, recovery on and no NFA. I see lot sizes of 0.7 on FXCM and ~1.4 on Alpari. So far IBFX is trading +2.0 lots or larger. FXCM and Alpari are $10,000 demo accounts. IBFX is $25,000 demo.

MD is trading once or twice Mon-Thurs each night and did not trade at all for the first two weeks which I believe was also an error

I am new to forex but these kind of results are simply amazing to me and I hope that live trading will be similar. One of the things that is most interesting is that MD seems to open trades I never would. on 5/19 MD went long and was in a significant loss for several hours but managed to recover and get out with a profit of a few pips on all three brokers. 5/19 looks like a possible turn in the EURUSD downtrend so MD may have been early. Whatever, it is impressive.

12bfree,

Great posting from Steinitz. I've read this before, but its always a good reference.

This system works well with a larger data pool, and more diverse grouping, where you can develop long term consistant odds. Backtesting an EA for a long period could produce a large data pool, but a single EA, a single trading system, or an individual, is a very specialized group, and subject to extreme swings in consistancy that result from over specialization.

The problem with this formula is that it doesnt take into account the impact of significant consecutive losses, or variable risks, on the group model.

This system works well with consistant averages, but leaves little space for extreme situations. A system like this one is great for evaluating a very large group where individual results will be absorbed by the group. But in a smaller grouping individual results will have a much greater effect.

The question then for a small trading system is how many consecutive losses can I withstand at these rates, what are the odds of this happening, and is it worth the risk?

In the case of Megadroid, running a large position size is worth the risk to me, but only on a smaller account. On a large account I would have to question my choices. Could you comfortably risk a large portion of your total money on a single trade? Not reasonably.

In the case of using the Kelly Criterion for tradling, its important to consider what percentage of your total assets you allow yourself to use. Consider that even with the best calculations you could still lose everything and need to start over.

gd morning guys

new week, new chances..........
yesterday we had an holiday over here. Anyway,made a few good ones within NY session.

MD no trade, FA-S2.0 still in a trade.....

let´s see what the cable will do in about 3.5 hours....

always good trading

gd day guys

on FXDD +10 pips......:)
amazing because he done it at the beginning of an 4H downtrend.....

me again...

just finished reading a very interesting trading system I put within my charts to my Dynamic Price Channel Indicator too. It looks very good and is very useful with this. Within this system the guy explained exactly how to enter a trade when divergence signal appears and more.... Great stuff.
Called Money Is Plentiful.

So if anybody is interested in DPC Indicator, this system and about the Hidden Divergence give me a mail to hotrod1958@web.de
because all 3 of them fit exactly together...

:)always good trading

update: I used the DPC first with 1h charts, but there´s too much noise so I went on to 4h chart. Less trade opps but much less noise within the market and much more pips to go for.... and the buy or sell signal is much more clear...... hope this will help you

Last edited:
in profits...

on FXDD +10 pips......:)
amazing because he done it at the beginning of an 4H downtrend.....

but only +6 pips on my FXDD.

amazing? i thought that buy trade at the beginning of so many red candles was scary! thankfully no damage done.

Back