• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Forex-MegaDroid.com

General discussions of a financial company
about the new 1.30....

from another thread:

i have seen the MD code way back in 2009 from one of the beta testers and i took scratch notes only to compare with the original underlying trade setup used....lol.

1.MD has 2 engines, one on 15m and one on 5m(aggressive)

2.MD has a time based trade closure, which kicks in after 1h open trade time and maximum 12h, which will not allow long time open trades to actually hit full TP or full SL.

3.The previous trade hours have been 21-23GMT only, which seems to be changed in version 1.3(The original method avoids deliberatly the first hour after US close and trades only rollover(after spreads stabilize)+2h maximum and never 2x a day=one and out)

4.The risksetting might have changed too, but it takes also the free margin and the margin requirement of your broker for EUR-USD into consideration)
You must check that margin requirement of your broker)

5.A simple backtest will give you a good hand on the lotsize for your account

6.I would never use a risk % in a live account, but rather a fixed lotsize(risk=0 and lots=as you wish)
With that, you can calculate your maximum loss per trade much better

7.That on 2 open trades the second one is smaller is normal, because of lower free margin. Unfortunatly you can not set a fixed lotsize for each timeframe!

8.The 5 m TF gives more false entries than the 15m TF and i would not trade it, unless i knew the underlying indicator settings, which must be very different.(=aggressive=false)

There seem to be substantial changes in the new version, as i already saw from a quick backtest. While total $ look better and MD trades more often, the rather hughe drawdowns from consecutive losses are turning me a little uneasy.

Under no circumstances the 1.3 version should be traded with risks of 0.3 and recovery mode=true(2x lotsize after a loss).

Suggestion:

As long as 1.21 works, i would run that on a live account and have 1.3 version trade on a Demo account side by side to compare trades, until one is comfortable with it.

Wish you a better night today guys!

PT

Note: Do not count on another string of winners, keep risk low, markets are not too shabby at nights right now.
I see a pretty hefty directional orderflow coming in right after the roll pushing prices around that daily chart very prominent fibo level......Retail Traders beware, that is deep pocket p(l)ayground!
On top of that, many trading desks are back from vacation taking new positions right now and the sit-ins are pushed a side.

so with this in mind and also last night I decided now to change my settings to NFA=false, Aggressive=false, RecoveryMode=false.......
because MD made the minus pips last night using aggressive mode I cut this off. So I still use my 0.3 risk because of small account size hopefuly these settings will work. Anyway, I see no real useble aspect of improvement by this because I have to change settings the way he´s doin only half of his work (aggressive=false).
Perhaps somebody has more than one account and 2 MDs runnin would be interesting how different it will be for future results using default settings and settings like mine with same risk level.
And because of MD Team answer: Just leave the new version running and you will see the results who´s right?
damn, trading before August 2010 was much easier.....:confused:

ok,

like yesterday MD went long again at 1.2663, one pip over yesterdays...Quo vadis MD?

here´s an interesting research:
I believe Protrader also commented on the return of the pro traders to their desks from here on out......so I went back and took a quick look at the trade reports on the MD site and....

low and behold mid August to early Sept is littered with 40-50 PIP losses almost every year going as far back as MD goes on both the posted accounts.

Last edited:
damn

looks same like yesterday. This one hour earlier trading seems to confuse MD more than helping open good trades.
So what I will do tomorrow is changing the GMT settings only let him trade the Asian session as before.... let´s see what this will do :confused:

Another wild ride....

MD opened another long trade for a similar result....I'll keep an eye on it and see if I can stop it manually for not too much grief.

I was so close to just shutting it off last night after such a good result on the back of Sive's analysis....now the waiting game. Definitely turning off aftr today...I'm off to Sydney until Sunday. Maybe I'll just put 1.21 back on until this is all sorted.

yeh, same here. luck for me to change Risk back to 0.1 after yesterday roller coaster. see how is this one close. I will put 1.21 back to account after this 1.30 series trade close.

hi guys...

ya, watta ride got me 1pip. This first hour is about to kill the trades almost. So I change now my GMT from +3 to +2 so that he will avoid trading an hour earlier. When chart goes smooth again I will perhaps re-change this but for now this is far to much noise there.
I won´t changing back because I have to live with this version because of shutting down 1.21 soner or later so I will go on change here change there.

Have a nice trip John and much better weather over there....

Great article Dirk. After reading what he has to say about the two different programs in Megadroid I would concur that Aggessive False may be a better setting. In my previous backtesting this still produced very good results, and if its safer I'm in favor. In this case the NFA filter doesnt matter since it will only open one trade anyway, and a fixed lot size may also be a good addition. This would allow us to strictly regulate the size it trades at, regardless of current free margin. This means other trades that may be open wont affect it, and neither will wins or losses, so we would have to monitor and adjust this ourselves, and be careful about overleveraging our accounts if we have any other trading. Also, if we run with Aggressive True and NFA False it could be dangerous as it could open simultaneous trades of the same size and easily over leverage the account.

Tonight v1.21 made one trade. I closed it manualy for 9 pips when it stalled, the risk of holding out for 1 last pip is not worth it, however it would have made the 10 pip target soon after. FXCM demo 1.30 took anouther small 1.4 pip loss. FXDD demo 1.30 took 1 pip gain, apparently they saw it the same as I and got out, so I'm happy I grabed my 9 pips.

Also, I am starting testing on a new EA that looks very promising and that you may be interested in, Forex Hippo. This is a kind of under the rader EA, with no big affiliate push, no upsells or similar BS. They charge $99 for it. The most Clickbank will currently allow for any Forex EA's. Dont believe anyone who says they're going to raise the price. Clickbank has had problems with too many refunds and has limited the pricing allowed in order to protect themselves. Thats why Megadroid had to drop the price back to $97.

I first noticed this one because DonnaForex was testing it, and I read her weekend e-mails. The results seemed quite impressive, and the FPA's demo test backs up those results. Check it out at:
Forex Hippo Expert Advisor Demo Test by ForexPeaceArmy.com
MT Intelligence - Statement for donnaforexhyppo
Its amazing no one knows about this EA yet. There are no reviews and only a few comments. Also, no losses, across 8 pairs, 89 trades, since 7/15 when it began. DonnaForex did take one loss last week. It also seems to have good trade managment, quickly closing out questionable trades for a few pips profit, and maintaining low draw downs. I reviewed many of the listed trades and it seems to enter with a good trend, targeting about 75 pips profit, 30 pips on the weak pairs, and generally taking about 30 pips profit. It seems to trade from consolidations and breakouts with the trend, which is a good strategy. I only just bought it and havent installed it yet, so I'll know more in a few days, but seems to be something worth keeping an eye on.

Ken

I am changing all my Megadroid settings to Aggressive False, NFA False, Recovery False. I will also do some backtesting on 1.30, but I havent done it yet.

Thanks Ken

I think this guy who wrote the article should be an Pro somehow so I posted his knowledge about MD.
Just reviewed the FPA Hippo site and yes, very impressive this one. And what I personally like is trading more than only one currency. He is really active so I think I will wait until you tested him.
All these damn changes within MD seems to be he´s running with these only by half of his power so did not see a better MD now, I see cut him to pieces taking his ful power off. Bad one havin a good version running and seems to be destroyed by programmers. They should have a close look to what they done.

Anyway, always good trading

thought the

whole day long and decided too to re-install 1.21. When I done this I felt much better. So no more testing new version, I leave this to the MD Team hopefuly they notice how bad the new version is.
Here´s another post fom another thread:
I notified MegaDroid support of the dissatisfaction with 1.3 today. I requested the reinstitution of 1.21. They wrote me back that they are still supporting 1.21. Had they written something different I would have been done with MegaDroid.

Perhaps they will have another and closer look to their new version because of a lot of tickets they recieved......

Back