• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Forex-MegaDroid.com

General discussions of a financial company
Last night, Pipbuster opened 2 trades, and broke about even with a small profit. In checking Forex Peace Army's demo with the same broker, FX Pro, it opened 2 trades and about broke even as well.

However, on Oct. 14th, FPA's MD opened a Sell and went to stop loss, and Pipbuster didn't have any trade for that day.

I thought that perhaps FPA was still running version 1.21 because of the extra trade on the 14th. BUT, I ran a demo last night using 1.21 and it went to stop loss (I didn't run a demo for the 14th).

So can anyone figure out what is going on?

My guess is that FPA is still running version 1.21 because of the trade on 10/14th. But, if they are running 1.21, they broke even last night and my demo went to SL.

Perhaps it's because of demos being filled at different times than live?

FPA - SL on 10/14. Broke even with small profit on 10/25. Version 1.21?

Pipsbuster - no trade on 10/14, broke even with small profit on 10/25, Version 1.30 - Same broker FX Pro.

Demo on Interbank - stop loss with Version 1.21. Opened a Buy.

Only running MD 1.3 on FXDD demo account also hit the SL AND opened a SECOND trade, Aggressisve on. Glad it wasn't real cash. What a mess.

I have shut down all live trading. Opened one live last week and closed manual for $75, but I have lost trust in MD at this point.

As I mentioned before, I would recommend to all of you to get Henry Liu's currency strength meter and trade the London/NY overlap 7-11AM ET with a few other technicals like ADX and CCI. I have been paper trading this and will go live next week. It works very well.

hi all

just checked my trades with live Alpari UK account for this and there were no trade at oct. 14th.
Last trade was on 26th with small profit, 20th with +5.3pips and 18th with -0.6 and +15.1pips....
so your trades hitting S/L should be for different price action using a demo account.
I´m using Alpari UK live account, aggressive=false, v1.30.
:eek:oh:
I found something really interesting for breakout trading, worth to have a closer look for. It´s the London Breakout and New York Breakout, both using same template just with different times.
Short explanation: I only trade this with EURJPY and only for T/P1, sometimes I just scalp with this, so no martingale strategy for me.
OK, you find all the stuff for this here...
7am-9am Big Dog USD Breakout Strategy - Page 178 @ Forex Factory
at post no. 2662. This is for NY breakout.
For London breakout you can use the v3.2b.mq4 indicator template as well as the name tells ya.
Thread for this one is here
A Simple London Breakout V.2 @ Forex Factory
again, I use both only with EURJPY and goin for T1. Put the indicator stuff to your charts and go back in time so you can check how it worked before...

just checked my trades with live Alpari UK account for this and there were no trade at oct. 14th.
Last trade was on 26th with small profit, 20th with +5.3pips and 18th with -0.6 and +15.1pips....
so your trades hitting S/L should be for different price action using a demo account.
I´m using Alpari UK live account, aggressive=false, v1.30.
:eek:oh:
I found something really interesting for breakout trading, worth to have a closer look for. It´s the London Breakout and New York Breakout, both using same template just with different times.
Short explanation: I only trade this with EURJPY and only for T/P1, sometimes I just scalp with this, so no martingale strategy for me.
OK, you find all the stuff for this here...
7am-9am Big Dog USD Breakout Strategy - Page 178 @ Forex Factory
at post no. 2662. This is for NY breakout.
For London breakout you can use the v3.2b.mq4 indicator template as well as the name tells ya.
Thread for this one is here
A Simple London Breakout V.2 @ Forex Factory
again, I use both only with EURJPY and goin for T1. Put the indicator stuff to your charts and go back in time so you can check how it worked before...

Hi Dirk,

This is very cool because I have been studying the Big Dog strategy (free) on Donnaforex forum that someone had posted, just this past week.

And also, I purchased another EA, Forex Morning Trade which only trades 1 1/2 hrs before the start of the London session on the GBP/USD pair. Other people have been using the same EA during other sessions on other pairs, such as the EUR/USD 1 1/2 hrs before the NY session with good results. I've been demoing it to see what TP works. By "accident" last night, the EA was set to the wrong time and opened a trade on the EUR/USD 1 1/2 hrs before the London session and earned pips there as well. I was up at 3 am this morning looking at the trade and thinking there must be a way to scalp using this EA or using the Big Dog. But I'm not so confident with manual trading, and pull out quickly. I feel more comfortable with scalping a few here and there rather than watching a robot going into negative for double digit pips.

Thanks, I'll take a look at what you sent.

Cathy

hi cathy

you will love the manual system because the template the indicators create with the decision box is great. And works great too. I do trading with this by feeling. When price action is slow I scalp too. You will love it.
Ya, the FMT EA. I have an eye at this one too. Guess I will get him soon.

I´m now in FUS with Bob Iaccino too and the chat there is great as his trading system and signals. One guy mentioned the FMT and I had a look to the thread. Looks like the developer is within that.

I have nice results with the manual system I mentioned in my last post, goin for €10 every morning and NY Open and t should work for asian session open too. Just for a few days now but it works damn well. I done the London open by an different system before but this one is far better.

Give you here the FMT developers thread, goto
ForexMorningTrade journal - Page 58 | Trade2Win Forums (site I´m reading now, goto page 1 :) )

Hope you like it and
always good trading

Hi Dirk,

Yes, I'm subscribed to the FMT forum, and have been demoing the EA. The backtests though from Jan 2010 to present are not good, though. I've found the best success is allowing the EA to open the trade and then manually handle it, however that isn't working out too well due to the time zone for me!
So far I've demoed profit, but with a sacrifice of losing sleep. I'm thinking of demoing lower TP, such as 10-20 rather than 30-40.

hi cathy..

hours ago I posted the forum link, I don´t know why they hold it back because this is the FPA forum for FMT.....
yu´ll find me there for this

Back