FOREX PRO WEEKLY August 05-09, 2013

Sive Morten

Special Consultant to the FPA
Monthly
On previous week we have discussed in details possible scenarios and why current price location is very important. I’ve checked other currency pairs and come to conlusion that no major pair shows much better setup than EUR. Yes, may be JPY and AUD are also interesting, but not too much compares to EUR. Thus, our monthly analysis stands intact. We have just one new thing here – August pivot points.
We so many times have discussed this time frame that it is really the challenge to find something new and interesting here. At first glance it could be seen that here is nothing special and no big deal around, but in reality the oposite is true – it is a big deal around current level. Direction of real breakout of the flag pattern could set the direction of the market in long-term perspective. It is probably rather milestone sign that market is forming indecision pattern right around breakeven point of long-term sentiment, I mean yearly pivot point. It is very simbolical at current moment. Speaking about flag pattern itself, we already can find a lot of covert signs. For example, usually when price shows bullish trap action, i.e. fake upward breakout, in 90% of cases oposite real breakout follows. But what we see here? We see double failure. First it was bullish trap and then it was cancelled by bearish trap, since breakout down was also false and now is the question will real breakout up follow or not. We could think that as market has vanished bearish pattern – it must be strong bullish moment and may be this is true, especially because market still hold above yearly pivot. But we can ask – why this can’t happen again? Well may be it could, now we do not tell that we can estimate further direction from current messy action and do not even try to do this. we just want to indicate the current condition - action is really indecisive in big meaning of this word, since we see two fake breakouts around yearly pivot, that itself is a breakeven of yearly sentiment.

eur_m_04_08_13.png

On previous week we have shown charts – what could follow if real breakout will happen, depending on its direction. Here we just call you to be careful and always keep an eye on big picture, despite what we are trading on lower time frames.

Weekly
As you probably understand already, we do not have many changes on higher time frames. Thus, on weekly chart price has formed doji or high wave pattern that indicates indecision situation on market. Deep retracement has happened within previous week, but market has closed as it opened. Trend holds bullish here, market not at overbought and 5/8 Fib resistance has been tested once already. As we’ve said earlier - previous action mostly has more bullish signs than bearish.
This conclusion mostly comes from the way of market’s respect on 1.2750 support area. You probably remember that this level was a neckline of H&S pattern, 0.618 extension of AB-CD pattern, some fib level – in short it was solid support. Normal bearish development didn’t forbid a bounce from that area, but later market should return right back and pass through this support area. Bounce should not be too extended. But here market almost has reached the top of former right shoulder, price has erased bearish stop grabber pattern, that could not have come at a better time. Now trend has turned bullish. Other words, market has vanished all bearish signs that were formed previously. That’s why something put me to think that bullish development is more probable here in nearest future, although technically we do have nothing except bullish engulfing pattern and bull trend. From the other side, I do not see any bearish issues right now at all, except may be the moment that new MPP has not been tested yet by market.
eur_w_04_08_13.png

Daily
On daily chart we have two possible setups at once and one of them has been confirmed already. This is the pattern that we’ve discussed on Friday – yes, this is bullish stop grabber. We not just occasionally have said earlier, that it is unclear situation on daily chart and plunge down on Thursday of previous week does not resolve anything. It is obviously insufficient action for any drastical changes and we’ve said that it’s not over yet. Worse than expected NFP data on Friday has led to upward bounce from nearest Fib support level. That particularly has given us bullish stop grabber. The minimum target of this pattern is previous highs and invalidation point is its low. The level around lows of grabber are significant even without relation to the pattern, because that is WPS1 and Fib support as well, and moving below WPS1 will not just erase stop grabber, but will mean that this is more just retracement inside of bullish trend. That could be the sign of short-term bearish reversal.
Second pattern is DRPO “Sell” LAL, that I still have decided to include in our discussion. As we have discussed, the thrust up here may be is not perfect, but at the same time it is not as bad as to be absolutely hopeless. May be it works, who knows… Anyway, currently we do not have confirmed DRPO pattern yet. For that purpose we need to get second close below 3x3 DMA, that is a thin green line on the chart. By now we already have first close below it and close above.
And now we’re shifting to the most interesting moment. You may ask – how it could be, bullish and bearish pattern simultaneously. Do they contradict to each other? Not quite. Since the minimum target of stop grabber is just previous highs – market could reach them and stop there. This action could become particularly the second top of DRPO “Sell” pattern and then market could turn down. See – this is simple, and price at once will complete grabber and will not erase DRPO “Sell”.
But it is not as simple with DRPO as it seems. DRPO is a pattern that goes side by side with its failure – and as we know DPRO Failure is also a directional pattern. Thus, watch up closely here. Here could be second variant. If market will show small retracement on Monday (because WPP stands very close) – slightly inside of grabber’s body – this could become a confirmation bar of DRPO, but prior completion of grabber’s target. That will be worst scenario, or better to say most sophisticated one. Because when you have confirmed DRPO and bullish grabber – this could be the possibility for DRPO “Failure” and stronger upward continuation later during the week. So, keep an eye on this possibility. If this will happen, we will definitely track it in our daily videos.
But know all seems cloudless. We have bullish confirmed pattern, all trends are bullish, and market is not on overbought. Let’s stick with it and later will see what will happen.
eur_d_04_08_13.png

60-min
On hourly and 4-hour charts thrend is bullish. As we have the pattern on daily that assumes taking out of previous highs, we probably should try to find something of that sort on lower time frames. Thus, it is possible that we could get butterfly “Sell” here. Although it’s target a bit too extended to upside, but appearing of butterfly is welcome as from DRPO standpoint as stop grabber pattern.
Before upward continuation market could show retracement down and simultaneously hit WPP. As we know that EUR likes 50% retracements, may be this will be it, but 5/8 is also fine. We do not want to see here just two things – fast move down by some solid black candle and taking out of 1.3180 lows. Until that will happen – upward scenario will be valid.

eur_1h_04_08_13.png

Conclusion:
In long term perspective, market mostly still stands indecision, because is coiling around long-term sentiment breakeven point – yearly pivot. To point on direction price has to show break – out from current range. Until this will happen we can’t take sequence of trades in any direction. All that we can do in such environment is to search short-term clear setups and trade them fast.
One of them we have on daily chart. This is bullish stop grabber that potentially could become the part of DRPO “Sell” LAL pattern. That is scenario that we will track most part of coming week I suppose.

The technical portion of Sive's analysis owes a great deal to Joe DiNapoli's methods, and uses a number of Joe's proprietary indicators. Please note that Sive's analysis is his own view of the market and is not endorsed by Joe DiNapoli or any related companies.

EUR/USD Daily Update Tue 06, August 2013

Good morning,
as usual market has followed to most complicated scenario for us. Particularly - has confirmed DRPO "Sell" LAL, by yesterday's close below 3x3 and has kept bullish stop grabber valid. So, what we should to do - enter long or short?
My direction is long by some reasons. First, as I've said many times, I do not like current DRPO on EUR mostly by 2 reasons - poor thrust, too deep retracement within it and second - no second top of DRPO. Market has closed below 3x3 for second time but it has not formed the top. It means that there was no attempt to continue move up and hence that was no failure of this attempt. Hence, the mechanics of current so called DRPO is different and doesn't corresponds to normal DRPO action.
Besides, if market will show DRPO failure here - that will be significant, and could lead not to just splash up but probably to some further upward continuation.
eur_d_06_08_13.png

Now about stop grabber - it's still valid and I think that this is our major pattern by far. On 4-hour chart price action is absolutely in a row with our expectations - market has shown 50% retracement and now take a look - is forming multiple bullish stop grabbers in a direction of previous thrust up. That is the type of grabbers that I prefer to trade. Trend is bullish here.
eur_4h_06_08_13.png

On hourly chart we see the butterfly that still has chances to appear, since daily grabber that it is based on is still valid.
Now the most unpleasant things - risks... The major risk, that I see here is possible compounded downward retracement as AB=CD pattern on hourly chart. It will not destroy butterfly, but could shift starting point for upward action lower.
Thus, we have some possible ways how to act here. First of all, I do not want to enter short right now, based on DRPO "Sell" pattern. Probably it will make sense to do this, if daily grabber will be vanished, but not now. Second, the agressive tactic is to enter long due 4-hour grabbers with stop below them 1.3230. If market will start move up - shift stop to b/e and switch to trading of daily grabber.
The conservative tactics - wait, if market will continue move higher and move above WPP, drop time frame to 15 min chart and try to enter on some retracement. That will protect you from possible plunge down, but your entry point will be worse. So, decide...
eur_1h_06_08_13.png

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update Wed 07, August 2013

Good morning,
Well, market perfectly has completed our yesterday short-term trading plan. But this small upward move has really significant consequences for daily chart. In fact, by yesterday's close market has formed DRPO "Failure" pattern (as we've decided to treat overall action as DRPO). This means that market should show some action to the upside.
At the same time we have valid stop grabber that suggests taking out of 1.3350 highs.
eur_d_07_08_13.png

On 4-hour chart yesterday's stop grabbers have worked nice and hit predefined target. Thus, now you can move your stop to breakeven and shift to trading of daily grabber pattern with target 1.3350. If do not have any position - market stands at 0.618 minor extension of AB=CD pattern. It could respect it by some minor retracement, thus if you will find suitable moment for entry, you can try to do this. Another significant moment here- market has moved above WPP. Trend is bullish here.
eur_4h_07_08_13.png

On hourly chart we see a bit farer perspective, since current action has chances to to stop at 1.3350 but continue with possible butterfly to 1.3385-1.34 area. But it's a bit extended view, so let's focus on nearest perspective first. By now I do not see any bearish signs on EUR and looks like market has nice chances to proceed to 1.3350 at minimum
eur_1h_07_08_13.png

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update Thu 08, August 2013

Good morning,
Well, guys, on daily time frame market has accomplished our trading plan for current week and hit target - previous highs, as was suggested by bullish stop grabber pattern. We will take close look at longer perspective in our weekly research, but shortly speaking - if market intends to continue move up and challenge previous highs on weekly chart, it should not show too extended retracement down, may be 1.3280-1.3300, but not more and especially it should not move below previous swing low on daily. Thus, today probably will be the rest day, since some retracement will come probably but we can't enter short due to lack of bearish context, at least on daily. Thus, let's wait and see what market will show us in nearest couple of sessons:
eur_d_08_08_13.png

On 4 hour chart market has completed two AB-CD's. Our initial AB-CD that coincides with stop grabber target and most recent smaller AB-CD. Price simultaneously has hit WPR1 and has shown small W&R of previous highs. Thus, some retracement down should happen. Take profit from longs and sit on the hands.
eur_4h_08_08_13.png

On hourly chart, as Lolly has said correctly - we have 3-Drive Sell pattern, that in general looks like wedge and accompanied by MACD divergence, but only on 2- drives...
In general, this time frame for scalpers. I have to warn you that in general, context is still bullish on higher time frames. If you want to take bearish trade - you have to stick purely with this 3-Drive. Target of this pattern stands around 1.3260 - that in general agrees with our expectations on possible retracement. So, the safe tactic is just wait what will happen after retracement, but I do not see any problem if you would like to make scalp short here.
eur_1h_08_08_13.png

Also we have Butterfly "sell" in progress here, although it is too extended and not very nice looking. That's another reason why I'm not very fascinating with short entry... 3-Drive as any other pattern could fail, you know...

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update Fri 09, August 2013

Good morning,
yesterday we had reasons to take a pause to get more clarification form the market on further direction, and looks like we've got it. As market has passed through WPR1, it tells that trend on current week is solid and upward action probably will continue. As nearest target we probably could use 1.618 extension of most recent swing at 1.3443 area. This level stands above previous highs, thus, market at least will take stops around. Currently it seems impossible that market will leave behind this possibility. That's being said in short-term perspective we probably should search possibilty for long entry:

eur_d_09_08_13.png

On 4-hour chart we see how we could do this. First, market has hit 1.27 extension of our butterfly pattern, but it has done it by solid and fast move up. This tells that hardly butterfly will lead to reversal. Some small retracement is more probable and market will continue move up then.
At the same time, most recent upward action is not bad looking thrust up, that is suitable for DiNapoli directional setup - for example B&B "Buy". So, if market will respect current level by retracement, our level to watch for long entry is 1.3345-1.3350 - WPR1+3/8 Fib support and former highs. In general, market could form DRPO and show retracement to K-support area. This also will not cancel upward continuation, but B&B is prefferable. Anyway, since we will act only based on pattern itself and will not anticipate it - let's see what pattern will it be...
eur_4h_09_08_13.png

On hourly chart we also see that here we have 1.27 extension target from our initial AB-CD and 1.618 from most recent AB-CD. Thus, we can count at least on minor 3/8 retracement to 1.3345-1.3350 area and in general, that could become not bad trade with 100 pips potential
eur_1h_09_08_13.png

Last edited:
Thanks Sieve, I see eurusd in a longterm bullish mold already. There is a bullish divergence on weekly chart. But before we have the bullish run, I expect a bearish move to around 1.2851 without breaking 1.2754 low. This will give us a bullish and final H&S on weekly chart. If price turn around at that place, then, position traders can make a kill by entering a long trade from that low. The bullish H&S on monthly chart that I pointed out a few weeks ago is still valid. So, this week, I am bearish and expect price not to take out 1.3343 high. If market takes out the 1.3343 high, ( I doubt), then we may just begin the bullish party right away. How do you see my view?

Remmy,

why ˝without breaking 1.2754 low˝? I think we MUST take this low if we want to go up otherwise we remain bearish although will go up to 1,3650/82.

ATM I am USD bull:

USDbull.jpg

Good trading!

hello, I am expecting some activity, lets see what comes out of this....

HPs.jpg

Good trading!

Back