FOREX PRO Weekly December 24-28, 2012

Sive Morten

Special Consultant to the FPA
Monthly
On monthly chart trend holds bullish, and within two bars we see bullish price action as well. On the past week price has done attempt to overrun upper border of K-resistance area. If market will break through it – next important level to watch is 1.3486 high. If market will show greater swing up and take out this level – that will be an appeal on reversal on monthly chart. Looks like our suggestions about potential solid bullish context more and more get confirmation from price action.

eur_m_24_12_12.gif

Weekly

First of all, let’s take a look at this contracted chart. Here we have a lot of bullish significant moments. Trend holds bullish. Initially market has passed through 25x5 DMA and already re-tested it form the other side to confirm the real breakout. Two weeks later market has passed through upper border of 1.5 year bear channel. Breakout has happened by excellent strong candle. All recent consolidation, in fact, is a struggle with monthly Confluence resistance and on recent week market has closed above 1.3150 area, that is upper border on this K-resistance area. What other barriers does market have above? It’s not at overbought, no Monthly Pivot Resistance levels. I see only 1.3480-1.35 previous highs, next is 5/8 major resistance at 1.3830 area, that is the target of weekly AB=CD and 1.27 extension of large butterfly “Buy”.
eur_w1_24_12_12.gif

Now let’s take a look at most recent price action. Price stands in a progress with AB-CD pattern, that is also could be treated as Gartley’s “222” Buy. Price has hit resistance area of 1.3310-1.3350. This is 1.27 extension of previous swing down – particularly this level has help upward continuation. 1.3350 is 0.618 extension target, but market has not quite reached it. What do we see now? Not very fascinating sign for bulls – shooting star pattern on weekly time frame, that theoretically could easily shift to evening star pattern. If we will see this price action, it will lead market back inside of previously broken consolidation area. When shooting star is apeared, it is a burden for bulls, since commonly, you can tell that trend up will be reestablished, only if price exceeds pattern’s top. Another unpleasant moment, is that market has not even reached 0.618 extension target, that is a minor one. But does it really mean that bears are taking control? Well, one thing that could happen and will not lead to bears’ domination is retesting of broken trendline on the first chart. Downward price action could take place just for retesting it around 1.29, for instance. But now any attempt to gues it is more a gambling rather than analysis. Currently shooting star is important, that let us tell – until market will not take it high, upward trend will not be reestablish. For those, who has a bearish view and wants to open short position – this is nice invalidation point.
eur_w_24_12_12.gif

Daily
So, we have rather tricky situation. From the one point of view – all trends are bullish, I mean weekly and daily, while price action shows some bearish patterns, and looks like they take leading position, since particularly by weekly pattern price was not able even to reach minor 0.618 AB-CD extension target. Daily chart is a bit overloaded with details. We have bearish pattern on weekly, so invalidation point of this downward scenario is high at 1.3208. Here we have two major support levels. First one is at 1.3120-1.3140 – it includes WPS1 and nearest 3/8 Fib support. Second one is daily K-support area at 1.3140-1.3160. This area is very significant by some other reasons as well. Take a look at the chart – this is daily oversold and daily breakeven point. Another moment – take a look at blue lines. I’ve cloned previous retracement down and drag it to current top. Harmonic swings suggest that if market will hold the harmony retracement should not exceed the same K-support area. At the same time, weekly time frame does not exclude possible move even to 1.29 area as a possible re-testing of broken border of the channel. Based on daily time frame we can’t say more – only that retracement will probably continue and most powerful support area is 1.3140-1.3160 that has most chances to hold it.
eur_d_24_12_12.gif

4-hour
Since talks about retracement’s depth are a bit for longer-term perspective, price action on intraday chart let’s us to prepare some more or less definite strategy for beginning of the week. Recall, that on Friday we’ve disccused possibility of B&B “Buy” on daily time frame, that usually starts from significant daily support level. Lead market to this level, in turn, could DRPO look-alike pattern on 4-hour chart, and now we see that step by step price is moving to this significant support that is also minimum DRPO target – 50% support level. This area will be WPS1 as well and Agreement with 1.618 extension of 4-hour AB-CD. So, in the beginning of the week we have to be careful to any bullish reversal patterns around 1.31.
Only when (and if) B&B pattern will be finished we could start think about whether it shift to some greater downward AB-CD or market will continue move up, i.e. about retracement’s depth.
eur_4h_24_12_12.gif

Conclusion:
Currently we have to major tasks on EUR/USD pair. In short-term perspective we use more or less definite trading plan, based on DiNapoli directional patterns, that are daily B&B and 4-hour DRPO. If all will work as it has to – we should get a 100+ pips bounce from 1.31 area.
But it is difficult to talk with same clarity about medium-term perspective that gives us two riddles. First one is – is current move down retracement or reversal, possible W&R? Second – if this is retracement, how deep it will be? On second question, we can say, based on our analysis, that until 1.29 it could be treated as retracement, since ultimately, it could be retesting of broken parallel channel.

The technical portion of Sive's analysis owes a great deal to Joe DiNapoli's methods, and uses a number of Joe's proprietary indicators. Please note that Sive's analysis is his own view of the market and is not endorsed by Joe DiNapoli or any related companies.

EUR/USD Daily Update, Tue 25, December 2012

Good morning,
Merry Christmas everybody, I hope you will spend warm and good time with your family and have a great doubt that somebody of you will read this update :). May be only if you're an absolute workaholic. Don't think it on me, since Russian Orthodox church celebrates Christmas on 7th of January and today I have usual working day ;).

I'll try to make it short, especially because officially markets are closed today.

On daily time frame we see that market behaves according to normal B&B development. We have first close below 3x3 and if it will turn to B&B, it should start somewhere from 1.31-1.3140 area - range between 50% and 3/8 major support levels.

Hourly chart gives us nice picture that agrees with this assumtion. Take a look - by yesterday's bounce we've got nice looking AB=CD pattern, with the target almost pips to pips right at 50% support area. Here is 1.618 extension of our initial AB=CD pattern.

If, for example, market will form butterfly "Buy" here - imagine that most recent price action on hourly chart is a left wing of it, then 1.618 reversal target also will be very close to 50% support.

That is our major object to monitor till the end of current week, I suppose.

Attachments

• eur_d_25_12_12.gif
    eur_d_25_12_12.gif
    25.5 KB · Views: 156
  • eur_1h_25_12_12.gif
    eur_1h_25_12_12.gif
    23.4 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Good morning,

Guys, today will not be any update, since markets were officially closed yesterday, and although Forex is 24/7 or 24/5, but on my Alpari UK MT 4 I do not have even candles for 25 and 26 th of December :)

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update, Thu 27, December 2012

Good morning,
after two days break, market gives us nice blossom of scenarios. First of all, let's return to our B&B "Buy" on daily. It will not take place, I suppose. Yes, we've got close below 3x3, but market has not reached even 3/8 Fib support. That's why we pass to second possible pattern on this chart - DRPO "Sell", that still could appear.
You know that I prefer to see greater second top of DRPO, and we have the chance for it - take a look at second daily picture with MACDP. We have bullish stop grabber, that could lead either to W&R and stop grabbing above previous highs or to upward continuation.
But I suppose that this will be, probably just stop hunting price action. Later you understand why. That is also the stop grabber that I like to have - in the same direction as the thrust.

Now let's take a look at hourly chart first. On the "1h1" chart you see goofy looking downward AB=CD that nevertheless makes an Agreement with 6/8 support around 1.3205 level. 1.3182 is a failure point of stop grabber. So, if you intend to join upward action -that's the level to watch for.
"1h" chart is risk picture for the bulls. What if current price action is just a compounding bearish AB=CD and "222" Sell pattern? Especially because price action is not a thrusting kind, it's choppy. In fact, I didn't find any solituions, that can cancel this assumption. That's might be so, and looks like we have to take this risk and just choose one or other direction.
But before that, let's discuss 4-hour chart finally...

If stop grabber will work, we can get this Butterfly "Sell" with 1.3350 first reversal point at 1.27. And now recall, what is 1.3350.... First, this is AB-CD target on daily chart, second, this is 0.618 extension on weekly chart. Recall as well, on previous week, we've disccused a bit curious action, that market has not quite reached for 40 pips 1.3350 and turned down. Now price can correct this "mistake". That's why, I think that it will be not upward continuation but DRPO "Sell" and just stop hunting action - because of strong resistance and double-target area.
So, current situation is rather thrilling here. Also,guys, keep an eye on weekly EUR/JPY and USD/JPY.If we'll get B&B's there, it could be nice opportunity to join excellent price action...

Attachments

• eur_d_27_12_12.gif
    eur_d_27_12_12.gif
    24.9 KB · Views: 147
  • eur_d1_27_12_12.gif
    eur_d1_27_12_12.gif
    26.1 KB · Views: 147
  • eur_1h_27_12_12.gif
    eur_1h_27_12_12.gif
    23.1 KB · Views: 140
  • eur_1h1_27_12_12.gif
    eur_1h1_27_12_12.gif
    22.5 KB · Views: 143
  • eur_4h_27_12_12.gif
    eur_4h_27_12_12.gif
    22.3 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update, Fri 28, December 2012

Good morning,
currently market confirms our expectations on possible splash up to 1.3350 and moves in a row with our yesterday's trading plan. On previous trading session we've got another stop grabber pattern as well - that's very typical to see this in such kind of price development.

Our entry level of 1.3205-1.3210 has been hit by deep retracement on 4-hour chart, but this is very common for butterfies. If you've missed this entry, here is another possibility - on 4-hour chart we have another stop grabber is forming. If you're scalper you may stick purely with this pattern and place stop accordingly. Your target is previous highs around 1.3258. But if you would like to join with possible move to 1.3350 and butterfly, then stop has to be placed below 1.3158 low - butterfly invalidation point.

On hourly chart is not much information. Don't be confused with Fib levels - they are from different focus numbers. Usually I do not combine them, but here it was done for space saving. Take a look that 0.618 support of 4-hour stop grabber swing coincides with trend line - sometimes that could be very nice tool. That's the level to watch for long entry today. But first, as I've said - choose the pattern that you would like to trade, since they have absolutely different stops.
Also, despite how nice combination of Fib level and trend line is looking, it is possible of failure breakout, because 0.618 extension of downward most recent AB-CD stands slightly lower. Still, the stop of any pattern will be lower than this target. I'm telling this, just to avoid confusion of possible slight move below trend line, but may be it will not happen...

Attachments

• eur_d_28_12_12.gif
    eur_d_28_12_12.gif
    26 KB · Views: 123
  • eur_4h_28_12_12.gif
    eur_4h_28_12_12.gif
    23.3 KB · Views: 148
  • eur_1h_28_12_12.gif
    eur_1h_28_12_12.gif
    23.6 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Hi Sive,

Marry X-MAS to you and all FPA traders.I remember your last year words for the same period i.e last week of the year.It say it is last week of the year and will probable a low volatile and volume market.It is better to take rest and enjoy with family and friends.Hence market will always be here but who knows you might miss a quality time with your loved one.

Its true to focus more on daily and 4 hour chart for next week.We might see more profit taking in coming week in equity too.

I am expecting a USDJPY chart in this analysis as it is also important .on 4 hourly chart it stuck to support and next week we might see level of 83.5

from a Dutchman in Mexico

Hola Sive.

GRACIAS for ALL your excellent analyses this year.

To you and your family:

Feliz Navidad y Prospero Año Nuevo !!!

Hi Dear Sive;
Since you are the first person that opened my eyes to professional trading, I consider you my master and my teacher.
So my question is like to a teacher, not to point out a mistake or the like.
I was wondering the following; If we have the shooting star on the weekly (which is considered to be very significant) so why wouldn't we consider the target of the shooting star pattern which is another 165 pips, with the target of 1.2975?
Thanks in advance.
Mjunkyard

Thank you Master Sive for all your hard work and utter devotion to teaching us hundreds/thousands of students and tens of thousands of readers, Your generous daily gift to us is amazing and i for thank you from my heart,
May i wish you Merry Christmas and May God's Light keep shining on your beautiful Soul now and always,

Merry Christmas to all FPA contributors and thank you for sharing and for being there for us.

Hello Sir,compliments of the season Sir,Sir please don't ever get tired or used-to the thanks which you get all the time,you deserve everybit of it and more,forex trading is a very challenging career,so what you and FPA are doing is priceless,please keep it up Sir.I know that i would someday meet you in Person,thanks a million Sir and merry Xmas and Happy new year in advance to you Sir and to all FPA family and friends.Tunde from Nigeria.

Back