FOREX PRO Weekly January 13-17, 2013

Sive Morten

Special Consultant to the FPA
Monthly
Now we probably can say that market has passed through Confluence resistance. It stands 200 pips above it. Trend holds bullish here, as well as price action, and there are two important moments. First one is related to current move up. Actually, market has no barriers ahead – next resistance level is 1.3834 and monthly overbought. Still, take a look at 1.3486. This level is significant by two reasons. It coincides with 50% resistance and second - this level is a kind of quality test for current upward move, since this is a high of most recent swing down. We know that when market forms swing up that is greater than previous swing down – this might be an indication of reversal. Particularly by that mean – 1.3486 is significant. That is what about current swing up...
Now is about longer and larger view. Pay attention to 1.2130 area – here we have all time 50% support level and it has been tested already once in 2010. In 2012 we have seen second test. When market hits support level multiple times sooner or later it will behave as a thrown ball on the ground – every next jump up will be smaller than previous one. The same relates to market’s bouncing from support. We have no signs currently – how strong current bounce will be. Sometimes second bounce has the same distance as the first and market breaks level on third touch, but sometimes second bounce will be smaller since support has become weaker. What does it mean in long-term perspective? Very simple – market is challenging all time 50% support. Now it’s bouncing for the second time, but it will probably return right back. Third bounce could happen as well, but it will be much smaller and after that breakout should follow. It means that although current move up looks pretty bullish – very probable it’s just a bounce in a longer picture, at least until it holds inside of previous swing up.

eur_m_13_01_13.gif

Weekly

On couple of previous week price action was really cunning. When we saw that market has not reached 1.3350 area and minimum extension target of AB-CD pattern – we knew that it should happen. But usually market continues to the target immediately while here we had rather deep dive down inside of consolidation and testing of MPP that put confusion on us.
Now I do not see anything special here. Price has reached 0.618 target of AB-CD, trend holds bullish. There are no bearish signs here – any divergences, DiNapoli directional patterns… nothing. All that I can say here is that we have trending action, I mean all that we have now is just a trend that is confirmed by price action. Trend is bullish, previous week was rather bullish as well, market has tested MPP and now holds above it, i.e. sentiment is bullish as well here.
Next resistance area is 1.3486, but it will catch AB=CD development between 0.618 and 1.0 targets. I do not know, how market will deal with it. Ultimately, we have strong resistance around major 5/8 Fib level that as we can see now – is weekly Agreement and overbought as well.
eur_w_13_01_13.gif

Daily
Sorry, guys for a bit overloaded chart, I just want to safe space. Daily setup is rather sophisticated, mostly due most recent AB-CD pattern that we will discuss on 4-hour time frame. One definite conclusion could be made here – context is bullish, trend is bullish but it’s not the time to jump in. Market stands at weekly AB-CD target, daily AB=CD completion point and daily overbought. Hence we need some deep to buy. Since market just has hit this level it had no time to start retracement and we do not have any orienting points currently to judge about its possible depth. Usually EUR is good trending market that makes rather small retracements once it stands in long-term solid trend. However, we know that market at overbought that could suggest a bit deeper retracement. Looks like there are two major levels to watch for. If it will be small retracement, probably we will see testing of WPP at 1.3241 and nearest Fib support at 1.3225. Take a look at red harmonic line – it points on this level as well.
If retracement still will be deeper due overbought condition – then our attention to confluence support at 1.3140. That is also WPS1, MPP and take a look – another harmonic swing. Still, as I said, here is some moment that makes overall situation not as simple as we would like to see it. That is another AB-CD on 4-hour time frame chart…
eur_d_13_01_13.gif

4-hour
The major difficulty with it is it’s target. It stands around 1.3430 that is beyond as daily overbought as MPR1. So, the major question is – whether market will turn down right now immediately or, it will hit AB=CD target first and only after that will show retracement? Tell me if you’ll know. But one this should be kept in mind – if market on Monday will show continuation up – don’t be hasty to jump in, since it could reach just 1.3433 and start move down.
On houlry chart I do not see anything important currently.
eur_4h_13_01_13.gif

Conclusion:
Upward bias holds well on all time frames. Still technically market feels the downward pressure from different Extension targets and overbought condition. That’s why it makes sense to wait a pullback to enter long, although currently there is no possibility to estimate as whether pullback has started or not as its potential depth. All that we can do now is to make some assumptions as we did in daily analysis.
In long term perspective now it looks like price has chances to reach 1.3830 level.

The technical portion of Sive's analysis owes a great deal to Joe DiNapoli's methods, and uses a number of Joe's proprietary indicators. Please note that Sive's analysis is his own view of the market and is not endorsed by Joe DiNapoli or any related companies.

EUR/USD Daily Update, Tue 15, January 2013

Good morning,
Current setup on EUR is relatively simple. As we've suggested in weekly research - market stands at resistance, but we need some clarification of wether it will proceed to 1.3430 (AB=CD target) or start pullback right around 1.3380. For that purpose we need some more informations on lower time frames - some patterns, AB-CD's or something. Potential targets of pullback are 1.3240 area - 3/8 support and WPP or 5/8 support and MPP+WPS1 area.

Now we get it. On 4-hour chart it could be DRPO "Sell". Although it has not been confirmed yet, but it stands at the eve of that. If DRPO will be confirmed - do not be hasty enter short, if you're scalper. It's better to wait of move below 1.3336 low. Because of pattern on hourly chart...

Yes, on hourly we could get a butterfly and I do not want to treat it as minor pattern - recall, we have uncompleted AB=CD on daily with 1.3430 target. How we could combine both patterns? Simple:

1. Wait of DRPO confirmation. If it will happen - wailt for brekout of 1.3336 low. Only after that scalp traders could enter short with target around 1.3220-1.3240

2. If DRPO will be confirmed, but not reached 1.3336 low - stay flat. Appearing of DRPO Failure will be your signal to enter long, since butterfly probably will take a domination. Then your destination is 1.3430-1.3445.

3. It could turn that we will not get DRPO at all - market will not close below 3x3 and turn to upside. This will increase Butterfly chances.

All these points for scalpers only. If you're daytrader - then sit on your hands and wait for 1.3220-1.3240 as the first possiblity to enter long...

Attachments

• eur_d_15_01_13.gif
    eur_d_15_01_13.gif
    24.4 KB · Views: 129
  • eur_4h_15_01_13.gif
    eur_4h_15_01_13.gif
    24.7 KB · Views: 140
  • eur_1h_15_01_13.gif
    eur_1h_15_01_13.gif
    21.3 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update, Wed 16, January 2013

Good morning,
Well, on daily time frame looks like it was enough - MPR1 + AB=CD to start a pullback down. DOSC shows that market is not at overbought and price is ready to equilibrium of OB/OS level by DOSC. Probably DOSC will hit zero right at 1.3240 support.
Market has formed nice bearish engulfing pattern, and we're approaching to our first, prefferable level, where we have to watch for possibility to enter Long - 1.3220-1.3240.
Now we're moving to second stage of our plan - drop to intraday charts and watch for reversal patterns in 1.3220-1.3240

On 4-hour chart that was a really cunning price action yesterday. Market simulteniously has cancelled Butterfly, shown DRPO Failure and later started working as DRPO. By my experience I've found just two ways how is possible to deal with such sort action. First is - to place stop slightly lower than top of DRPO, or right on it after it was confirmed. I mostly use this on lower time frames, when I can take this risk by my money management.
On higher time frames that is not always possible, since such stops are rather expensive.
That's why second solution - is to wait a pullback. Retracement after confirmation of DRPO is quite common issue. Then, if DRPO was not failed - enter at retracement. IF stop is still too expensive - wait when market start action by DRPO and enter on pullback on lower time frame. May be you will find some other solutions...

So, currently DRPO is working and approaching to it's target - 1.3220-1.3240 area. So, all attention to hourly-30 min chart.

Currently on hourly chart I see only possibility for butterfly "Buy", probably 1.618 at 1.3230. Multiple stop grabbers suggest that previous low should be taken out. 1.3230 level is a 1.618 extension of most recent AB-CD pattern. May be market will form something else, I do not know, but now I see nothing more here.

Anyway - today and tomorrow that's our major objective - catch a reversal pattern here and try to use it for long entry.

Attachments

• eur_d_16_01_13.gif
    eur_d_16_01_13.gif
    23.2 KB · Views: 104
  • eur_4h_16_01_13.gif
    eur_4h_16_01_13.gif
    25.3 KB · Views: 108
  • eur_1h_16_01_13.gif
    eur_1h_16_01_13.gif
    26.5 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update, Thu 17, January 2013

Good morning,
On daily time frame is nothing new - all that we can see is just market has slown it's motion down. Trend holds bullish, price is gradually approaching to first important support area.

4-hour chart shows that 1.618 extension of current minor retracement coincides with DRPO target. Let's remember that. Trend holds bearish hear. Theoretically this time frame gives us foundation for possible deeper AB=CD pattern, although with very small BC leg that I do not like. If market will pass through 1.3220-1.3240 support, then probably we will take it into consideration, but now it's a bit early for that. Support level is more important for us currently.

All thoughts now are in relation with hourly chart. On "1h" chart you see, that all current price action stands inside of huge black candle. Some of you probably will see "diamond" pattern here, but I'm not very fascinating about it - it's too short-term, appeared after choppy price action, but not after solid trend. But there are more valuable reasons to not count on it (by my opinion of cause).

First take a look at AB-CD downward pattern. Market has hit 1.27 extension and it is forming diamond, as we think. But take a look at recent price action - consolidation and indecision after hitting of 1.27 - no thrusting attempt, no reversal.
Second, pay attention to how price action behaves in relation to MACD - trend has turned bullish, but price action does not form higher highs, and higher lows, it stands flat. It looks like bearish dynamic pressure could be forming here.

Finally, on "1h1" chart we see the potential for butterfly "Buy" - recall that it's target coincides with DRPO Target.

I absolutely do not want to tell that market definitely will not reverse right here. I just share with you why I will not bet on it and do not count in this. My thought is that probability of new leg down on hourly chart is greater. But what if it will indeed reverse here?
Well, if we will see nice thrust up right from here, then we will do what we always do - drop the time frame and try to catch nearest deep to enter long within new upward trend. Anyway it will be not as expensive as entering long right now and then hold solid drawdown. Especially, if we will get 4-hour AB=CD and 1.3220 still will not hold. That is also possible.

Attachments

• eur_d_17_01_13.gif
    eur_d_17_01_13.gif
    23.9 KB · Views: 97
  • eur_4h_17_01_13.gif
    eur_4h_17_01_13.gif
    23.3 KB · Views: 100
  • eur_1h_17_01_13.gif
    eur_1h_17_01_13.gif
    27.1 KB · Views: 111
  • eur_1h1_17_01_13.gif
    eur_1h1_17_01_13.gif
    24.8 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update, Fri 18, January 2013

Good morning,
Looks like yesterday I still have missed with the depth of the retracement and diamond has appeared to be real and worked nice. So, market has found support at minor 3/8 around 1.3268 and continue move up.

On daily time frame situation looks bullish - trend is bullish, market is not at overbought. Our working pattern here is AB=CD with 1.3430 target. Looking ahead I think that it's better use particularly this level as a target for today...

On 4-hour chart trend has turned bullish as well - here I draw this minor Fib level. You can see that price has not even touched WPP and target of DRPO pattern. Looking through bullish view - we have upward AB-CD with 1.3480 destination point as 0.618 extension, aprroximately in the same area as WPR1 stands. here we have also 1.27 extension of previous retracement. But there are two things that make me worry here - daily AB-CD and slower CD leg of current pattern right in the beggining of it, although retracement was just 0.382.

Now take a look at 30-min chart first. If you remember our reserve plan was: If we will miss upward thrust (i.e. if diamond will work) - we can enter on first retracement. So here I've marked this level. If you have entered long there - now you should have long position.
30-min chart shows forming of bearish wedge right under previous top at 1.3404. Our major task here is how to deal with it. But first - take care about your long position. First, it's probably make sense to use as a target 1.3430 level, second - move your stop to breakeven or protect your profit, reduce risk by some other way... Because there is a possiblity for short-term bearish pattern. Take a look at hourly chart:

That could be a Double Top (DT) if market will fail there. What is important - it does not contradict with daily AB=CD. Very ofen second top of DP is higher than the first one and makes some kind of W&R of it. That's why market could, for instance, complete AB-CD target and DT pattern will be just respect and reaction on it.

If market will strongly accelerate above 1.3404 top, then probably next target is 1.3470 area. But, we have to care about our positions - take this possibility with DT into consideration, and monitor it. Be careful.

Attachments

• eur_d_18_01_13.gif
    eur_d_18_01_13.gif
    23.8 KB · Views: 95
  • eur_4h_18_01_13.gif
    eur_4h_18_01_13.gif
    24.4 KB · Views: 107
  • eur_30m_18_01_13.gif
    eur_30m_18_01_13.gif
    28.4 KB · Views: 124
  • eur_1h_18_01_13.gif
    eur_1h_18_01_13.gif
    22.8 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
So, the major question is – whether market will turn down right now immediately or, it will hit AB=CD target first and only after that will show retracement? Tell me if you’ll know.

Hi Sive,

Thanks a lot for your analysis. I read it since couple of months and learning from it and Military School. Since couple of weeks I'm trying to do my own analysis before reading yours one.
So, I have to proudly say that my analysis shows more and more confluence with yours one :cool:

Regarding to your question above, I can tell you ;)

It will retrace first to WPP.
There is a nice DRPO forthcoming on H1, and a MPR1 a little above.
I hope, I'm gonna put my money for it. :)

Best regards

There is a nice DRPO forthcoming on H1, and a MPR1 a little above.
I hope, I'm gonna put my money for it. :)

Best regards
Hi,probably you mean DRPO sell may be forming on 30 min. chart(I`d call it DRPO LAL). On hourly there is not even BnB buy...

Hi, I am far from being an experienced trader but I have been following these posts over the last year or so and think I should leave my little input here: I have noticed the power of pivot mid lines in the last weeks and how the price bounces off them over and over again. I will give small example: last swing down bounced off a monthly and weekly mid lines 2 at 1.3036 and 1.3032 respectively, then went to the central pivots monthly and weekly at 1.3127 and 1.3121 came back down, bounced off the weekly mid line 2 at 1.3032 to go back up passing monthly and weekly central pivots, passing the weekly mid line 3 at 1.3183 then off to 1.3250 (Weekly R1) and Monthly Mid line 3 1.3252 where it found support during last Friday morning, from there went straight to weekly mid line 4 1.3334, passed it and came back to re test near the end of the week. My point is: hope all of you keep an eye on every single line as they are great not only for profit taking but as well for placing stops. I have taken so much from this forum and wanted to give something back. Just my 20p!!

Last edited:
Hi,
I am new to the forex trading and come upon this thread for some research and learning and i found your analysis is really thorough and hope to learn more, thus i would like to know the meaning of the short form like DRPO, WPS, MPP etc etc...is there a page on this forum to explain the full definition of those short form? it would be great if someone can help me out here...thanks

YH

Hi,probably you mean DRPO sell may be forming on 30 min. chart(I`d call it DRPO LAL). On hourly there is not even BnB buy...

Hi Venelin,

I suppose there will form sell DRPO on H1. Now I see buy B&B on my H1 chart. But I don't want to buy because of OB manifesting on H1,H4,D1 and vicinity of MPR1. In my humble opinion the situation will develop in following steps:
- low gap open at Sunday,
- gap filling during Asian Sesion, maybe up to MPR1,
- maybe W&R above MPR1 at London open,
- then move down and sell DRPO on H1.

If situation will develop in that way, I'm gonna open short position wit TP@WPP and SL above MPR1.image.jpg

Back