FOREX PRO Weekly July 29 - August 02, 2013

Sive Morten

Special Consultant to the FPA
Monthly
We so many times have discussed this time frame that it is really the challenge to find something new and interesting here. At first glance it could be seen that here is nothing special and no big deal around, but in reality the oposite is true – it is a big deal around current level. Direction of real breakout of the flag pattern could set the direction of the market in long-term perspective. Partially we’ve talked about it in yesterday’s video. But here are some more details. It is probably rather milestone sign that market is forming indecision pattern right around breakeven point of long-term sentiment, I mean yearly pivot point. It is very simbolical at current moment. Speaking about flag pattern itself, we already can find a lot of covert signs. For example, usually when price shows bullish trap action, i.e. fake upward breakout, in 90% of cases oposite real breakout follows. But what we see here? We see double failure. First it was bullish trap and then it was cancelled by bearish trap, since breakout down was also false and now is the question will real breakout up follow or not. We could think that as market has vanished bearish pattern – it must be strong bullish moment and may be this is true, especially because market still hold above yearly pivot. But we can ask – why this can’t happen again? Now let’s take a look at next picture and you will understand, why this flag is cornerstone.

eur_m_29_07_13.png

Here is what could happen, if we will get downward breakout:
eur_m1_29_07_13.png

Upward scenarios are also impressive:
eur_m2_29_07_13.png

Still understand me correctly, I’ve drawn 1.618 butterflies, but may be they will be 1.27, may be there will be some other patterns. Other words, we should not treat these scenarios as something definite. What we have to understand is that current moment could become a defining one for long-term perspective. We do not trade monthly charts (although may be someone of you do), but when we understand what is going on in big picture – we know major direction of the market, hence we know in what direction to trade on lower time frames and you can do this for extended period of time. Market now still stands in tight range and may be we will not get direction on coming week and even during next month, but when it will happen, the action could become really fast. Usually such moments coincide with some significant future fundamental events and changes. Sometimes we scare of large scales and we can’t believe in such significant moves and tell “hardly it will happen, this is too great”. But imagine that this is hourly chart – and picture becomes absolutely objective.
That’s why when market in general stands indecision, it is very difficult to trade pure trend action on lower time frames, when you do not have clear patterns. If market still has not chosen the direction, how you can trade it with confidence? In such moments it is better either switch to another asset, or trade clear patterns that market will form in short-term context.
Weekly
The first picture of weekly chart at my hesitate opinion has more bullish signs rather than bearish. This conclusion mostly comes from the way of market’s respect on 1.2750 support area. You probably remember that this level was a neckline of H&S pattern, 0.618 extension of AB-CD pattern, some fib level – in short it was solid support. Normal bearish development didn’t forbid a bounce from that area, but later market should return right back and pass through this support area. Bounce should not be too extended. But what do we see know? Market almost has reached the top of former right shoulder, price has erased bearish stop grabber pattern, that could not have come at a better time. Now trend has turned bearish, market stadily stands above MPP and very close to MPR1. Other words, market has vanished all bearish signs that were formed previously. That’s why something put me to think that bullish development is more probable here in nearest future, although technically we do have nothing except bullish engulfing pattern and bull trend. At least chances are exist that market will reach previous highs or even reach upper border of widening triangle.
eur_w_29_07_13.png

On previous week we also have taken a look at this chart and here you can see how it could be significant the direction of breakout of widening triangle:
eur_w1_29_07_13.png

Now price stands with 5th wave inside of it. Sometimes flat exit from triangles happens, but in most cases market will either show breakout to the upside or fail to reach previous top and turn to the downside. Current low stands slightly higher than previous one and this keeps road open for appearing of butterfly “sell” with ultimate target round 1.43 area. Somewhere around stands objective point of AB=CD pattern either. What is significant that this possible scenario ergonomically links with monthly perspectives of possible upward action, especially close above MPP and hit over obviousness of H&S pattern by shifting it to H&S failure. That is also logical, since obvious patterns rare works. Will see, but this significantly renovate overall action on EUR and gives absolutely different picture. Now we just have to educe signs of this potential move and control it’s normal development.
Perspectives to the downside we have discussed already on Friday and they could be seen on monthly chart – that could be butterfly “Buy”.
Daily
Well, guys, here I can’t add anything new. We have small Friday indecision candle and all that we’ve said on Friday is still valid. Trend is bullish here and market is still approaching to significant area. As we’ve noted EUR very often shows 1.618 extension after hitting of overbought level before any significant changes happen and this level stands around 1.3350. Simultaneously somewhere around (in relation to widening triangle) usually happens the failure moment, if price will not be able to pretend on upward breakout of megaphone pattern. As a rule, if price does not reach the upper border of triangle and turns down – this might become early sign of possible downward breakout.
And finally, market is showing some stable bullish pressure. Price has not turned down after initial spike, but gradually moving and moving higher. Very often this leads to fast upward acceleration and I can’t exclude that coming week could become defining moment. Still, as this area stands slightly higher, in the beginning of the week we can’t do much, because this will be mostly look like gambling risk, rather than reasonable trading.
eur_d_29_07_13.png

4-hour
Here is we see the same picture as on Friday, since market has not shown any solid action yesterday. Now we see that 1.3350 area will be not only MPR1 and target of butterfly pattern but also a WPR1 on coming. In the beginning of the week we can’t exclude that market will show retracement to WPP, but neccesary condition here is to see that market will remain above it. Usually market shows fast acceleration up, when market shows initial splash, then gradual and choppy but upward action. Thus, on Monday first we will monitor price behavior around WPP and later, what is more interesting – how market will response on 1.3350. I have some feeling that we could see fast and furious upward breakout, but do not treat it as a call to take long position right on Monday. Our view here the same – get breakout first and enter on retracement second. We do not call you for gambling and taking position in advance of breakout, because this is too risky.
On hourly chart we have the same upward channel and market stands near the upper border, thus, short retracement to WPP is logical and possible, but most interesting things should happen after that, as we’ve said.
eur_4h_29_07_13.png

Conclusion:
Currently on different time frames across the board some bullish hints are started to appear. They are blur and not obvious but they are visible. We probably stand at the eve of clarification moment that could happen very soon.
Very probable that price action will become clearer and stronger after current period of choppy behavior.

The technical portion of Sive's analysis owes a great deal to Joe DiNapoli's methods, and uses a number of Joe's proprietary indicators. Please note that Sive's analysis is his own view of the market and is not endorsed by Joe DiNapoli or any related companies.

EUR/USD Daily Update Tue 30, July 2013

Good morning,
well, we still closer and closer to major event of current week. What is more interesting that FOMC Rate decision will be on 31st - the last day of the month, that could put some impact as well, because we know how monthly close price is important from technical point of view.

So, market stands flat and with anemic activity. Nobody wants to take responsibility and take a bet on any direction right at the eve of FOMC. So, we probably do either. On daily time frame market still coiling around WPP and it probably will continue to do it till tomorrow. Since price has not reached WPR1 and 1.618 extension yesterday, I suspect that today it hardly will do it. Hence it might happen tomorrow, as a part of big upward blow, if it will happen of cause. But in this case we will not be very interesting particular with 1.3350 level already.
eur_d_30_07_13.png

On 4-hour chart there are two important moments for us. First is support line, that today coincides with WPP and MACD divergence, if we can call it as divergence. Be careful with it. I do not like divergences if they are not accompanied by resistance, overbought, exhausting patterns and any other signs of market's fatique. And here is precisely this sort of divergence. When I see such sort of divergence, It is more bullish dynamic pressure for me, rather than divergence itself. May be I'm wrong, but be careful
eur_4h_30_07_13.png

In very short-term perspective, we have some not bad setup, although I'm not sure that you would like to trade it. On hourly chart we see bearish dynamic pressure, market has not quite tested WPP and potential for butterfly "buy". This scenario could become true and may be market will test the trend line, simulteniously with WPP by forming butterfly pattern:
eur_1h_30_07_13.png

But, honestly speaking, price action here is rather boreing, and if we will not get something exciting tomorrow - then probably will take a lot on some other pair.

Last edited:
USD/JPY Daily Update, Wed 31, July 2013

Good morning,
as EUR continues coiling around, I offer you to look at JPY today, since it has much more attractive short-term setup. I've read the toughts about possible DRPO on daily EUR, and may be it will work, but I do not like the thrust there. Actually, on daily S&P500 we have much better setup for possible DRPO "Sell"...
Now, concerning JPY... On daily time frame we see that market is finishing downward AB=CD pattern, but has not quite reached the target yet. The target of AB=CD stands at MPP that has not been tested yet and 50% support that gives us an Agreement as well here. Trend is bearish here.
jpy_d_31_07_13.png

On 4-hour chart we see perfect example of thrust down and can see where precisely daily AB=CD target stands. Also, we see that market has completed smaller AB-CD and has reached 1.618 extension of it. Now, as you probably understand - we can get DRPO "Buy" with potential move to 99.00 - 50% resistance of the whole thrust down of DRPO.
jpy_4h_31_07_13.png

But first, we need to see that market will hit daily target and here is how it could happen. On hourly chart market could form butterfly "Buy" pattern that has 1.27 target right around daily AB-CD objective point. Thus, we probably have to wait, when market will complete butterfly and can take long position. Then we will have to get confirmation of DRPO "Buy", otherwise, if market will fail to confirm it or will form DRPO failure - take profit whatever will be from butterfly and step aside.
jpy_1h_31_07_13.png

I do not know whether you will trade this right before FOMC, but this looks more clearer and attractive, compares to EUR, for example.

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update Thu 01, August 2013

Good morning,
so, guys FOMC meeting has happened, have we got what we've expected? Not quite, or better to say quite not. Bernanke has said nothing new, only that economy is improving (although it is difficult to call this bubble as improving), and they see risk of desinflation, so they will continue QE with considerable future.
Since Fed buys bonds and MBS on open market for 85 Bln per month, ask yourself, who is a holder of these bonds. Hardly holders are population and industrial companies. Mostly they are banks, hedge and investment funds. If you are a manager of hedge fund and gradually exit from huge holdings of MBS via QE program - where you will transfer your money? Probably not in long-term loans of real economy sector. Most probable is stock market. So, It is very probable that bubble on stock market will continue to rise. But companies stands at the edge of potential limit of improvement their balances. Till that moment many companies show improvement in statement not due solid revenue growth but mostly due contraction of expenses and mass retirements. We will see, what will happen...

Now, speaking about EUR - I do not see much what could be done here right now. Market has formed "high wave" pattern. This pattern is not reversal or continuation. It indicates indecision and future direction will depend on breakout side. Until market stands inside- nothing will happen. I do not want to buy, because market at WPR1 and 1.618 extension - butterfly completion point. Also, as we've said, EUR very often shows reversals after reaching 1.618 when it hit overbought condition. Now we stand right at this moment.
I do not want to sell either, because trends and price action are bullish and market still stands inside and above support of upward channel.
eur_d_01_08_13.png

On 4-hour chart we have broadenin triangle pattern, that very often becomes a reversal one, but as with high wave - mostly it depends on breakout direction. Probably it could give us more clarification and confidence with reversal if it will shift to diamond, but this has not happened yet.
Thus, I do not see anything attractive for trading right now on EUR
eur_4h_01_08_13.png

And the last one idea - well, may be this will be 1.618 3-Drive sell on 4-hour chart. I'm speaking about most resent 3 tops. Since they are stand at 1.618 extension of each other...

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update Fri 02, August 2013

Good morning,
EUR currently shows anticipated action. 4-hour 1.618 butterfly has been completed, it also could be treated as 3-Drive Sell pattern. EUR also has a tendency to show some reversals at 1.618 extension from overbought swings, and that has happened again. Thus, in very short-term perspective direction, probably, has been chosen. By yesterday's plunge we've got bearish engulfing. Second oportunity here is possible stop grabber pattern. These two patterns could lead, for example, to appearing of DRPO "Sell" Look-alike pattern on next week.
eur_d_02_08_13.png

But, guys, that does not resolve our riddle. This is mostly tactical issues. When you deal with markets, you can either trade particular pattern and stand aside other time, or you can get overall picture when different patterns on different time frimes add each other. Say, what we've got on JPY 2 days ago. That's the way that I like to get.
But on EUR we do not have it yet. Yesterday plunge, what does it mean? Either market has failed with weekly megaphone? Not yet probably... Or what? We can't answer right now. Too few data and a lot of contradiciton moments. Price action is too nervous and I suspect that market is still indecision.
I such circumstances I prefer to deal with other markets. As our member Greasey said about AUD DRPO on weekly chart or with S&P and JPY. Since on EUR we do not have strategical understanding only tactical patterns for scalp trading.

On 4-hour chart we see that trend is bearish, market has not quite reached the minimum target of 3-Drive pattern that is low beween 2 and 3 drives. Probably market could do this after some minor bounce.
eur_4h_02_08_13.png

Hourly chart shows that bounce could be to 1.3250 level - 3/8 resistance, natural support/resistance line and area around WPP.
eur_1h_02_08_13.png

So may be we will get some AB-CD when market will complete minimum target of 3-Drive and daily engulfing, but what will be next is a question...

Last edited:
guys, after reading this week's analysis i got curious and took a look at the e/u on H4 using tradingview.com. here i have a Gartley 222 SELL (chart is attached). of course, market might continue up to the 3350 mark sive mentions, where on this chart you can see we have a 61.8% fibonacci retrace level.

the upward channel sive mentions is displayed using dashed yellow lines. the balloons provide brief explanations for those who might be new to this whole harmonic/DiNapoli approach.

MACD is showing signs of fatigue but that in itself means nothing. some other oscillators (not displayed due to space constraints) show more distinct signs of a market losing momentum and ready to head down. maybe. let's not forget that oscillators turn before the market, and the market continues going up while the technical indicator is already moving down, and then the market drops like a stone. ;)

anyways, any thoughts always welcome.
good trading all. ;)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-07-28 at 21.43.15 .jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-07-28 at 21.43.15 .jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 78
guys, after reading this week's analysis i got curious and took a look at the e/u on H4 using tradingview.com. here i have a Gartley 222 SELL (chart is attached). of course, market might continue up to the 3350 mark sive mentions, where on this chart you can see we have a 61.8% fibonacci retrace level.

the upward channel sive mentions is displayed using dashed yellow lines. the balloons provide brief explanations for those who might be new to this whole harmonic/DiNapoli approach.

MACD is showing signs of fatigue but that in itself means nothing. some other oscillators (not displayed due to space constraints) show more distinct signs of a market losing momentum and ready to head down. maybe. let's not forget that oscillators turn before the market, and the market continues going up while the technical indicator is already moving down, and then the market drops like a stone. ;)

good trading all. ;)

Well, may be they right, may be we will see downward action. That's why the core of our trading plan is to not anticipate this but take action when direction will be chosen. :)
As you understand, it is everything possible at FOMC meeting. But, guys, I feel that something is going on around, and this stands against the major logic. If we can make a bet on direction, I probably take bet on upward action, but not more that 1 % of my capital :)

Thank you Sive sir for the higher time frame analysis...
can you please tell me abt weekly monthly pivots and resistance..
i am showing my s&r lines
support n resistance.jpg

good trading all. ;)

Like Like Like:)

Back