FOREX PRO Weekly March 18-22, 2013

Hi Joshnix,
Well that was my reasoning also. Not looking too hopeful at the mo but will stick with it as risk/reward on this situation now looks OK.
Will get off to bed now and see what has happened overnight when I surface tomorrow.
I have not seen this much volume on a Sunday evening. FAR more than normal.

Hi Cosmos,
Depends on the broker, some do as you say but not all. Has now opened and the trades are still there

Uhm..... is it just me or did market just open about 165 pips BELOW closing price on friday?

Right now Alpari UK tells me market is at 1.2909. Basically daily bullish SG has been cancelled......

This is quite interesting......................

Uhm..... is it just me or did market just open about 165 pips BELOW closing price on friday?

Right now Alpari UK tells me market is at 1.2909. Basically daily bullish SG has been cancelled......

This is quite interesting......................

Yes it did - there is a huge gap due to the news from Cyprus.

Hi Guys, here is by Reuters:
TOKYO/SYDNEY, March 18 (Reuters) - The euro plunged and traders squeezed the yen sharply higher on Monday in Asia as news that Cyprus' bailout plan includes taxing depositors was taken as a dangerous precedent that could ultimately trigger bank runs elsewhere in the region.

Euro zone finance ministers want to tap Cyprus' savers in order for the country to receive a 10 billion euro ($13 billion) bailout, and this decision caused a run on cash after its announcement on Saturday morning. Cyprus was working on a last-minute proposal to soften the blow after a parliamentary vote on the measure was postponed until Monday, a government source said.

Other words - they want to take 10% out from all deposits in banks.

Hi everyone. Is anyone there?
The market has opened with a plunging gap of 175 pips. I am sitting on last week's close with a healthy profit of 130 pips and I had moved my stop to a potential profit of 60 pips. By opening at the current price of 1.2910 my broker will clearly close the trades.
My broker has not yet opened so I have the ability to move my stop. This I have done - to 1.2890. does anyone think this is a wise move?

First time I hear a fellow that can move any settings on his platform while the broker has not opened yet !!!!!
Who more can do this trick ??

Hi Freddy,
I have had three brokers, one of them did not have the facility, I don't know about the other. The current one does allow trades to be ordered - not actual trading but placing buy/sell orders and moving stops/limits on open trades. I have never thought anything of it. It s a very useful facility and for the stock market, I use it frequently to plan trades when the stock market is closed [usually weekday evenings] - in exactly the same way as I do with actually buying/selling shares.
So Freddy, please don't make too much noise, as I would not want them to stop it.
I can see what you mean about "stealing" but cannot actually agree with you. On these particular EUR trades I have not been able to execute the trades at Friday's close. I placed the stops at 1.2888 when placing the orders originally. After the buy price was triggered and the price went in my favour, I moved the stop to b/e. As the price continued up, I moved the stops to harness some of the gain. [well that was the idea - WRONG!] Then last evening, when the market opened, I moved the stops back to where they had started at 1.2888. Why is that stealing?
What do others think?

Hi Freddy,
I have had three brokers, one of them did not have the facility, I don't know about the other. The current one does allow trades to be ordered - not actual trading but placing buy/sell orders and moving stops/limits on open trades. I have never thought anything of it. It s a very useful facility and for the stock market, I use it frequently to plan trades when the stock market is closed [usually weekday evenings] - in exactly the same way as I do with actually buying/selling shares.
So Freddy, please don't make too much noise, as I would not want them to stop it.
I can see what you mean about "stealing" but cannot actually agree with you. On these particular EUR trades I have not been able to execute the trades at Friday's close. I placed the stops at 1.2888 when placing the orders originally. After the buy price was triggered and the price went in my favour, I moved the stop to b/e. As the price continued up, I moved the stops to harness some of the gain. [well that was the idea - WRONG!] Then last evening, when the market opened, I moved the stops back to where they had started at 1.2888. Why is that stealing?
What do others think?

I think lost in translation my friend.. I thought Freddy meant the Cyprus government are about to take 10% from all bank accounts...that is stealing..

Not you because you can change your stop loss...good luck with that if it means a profit...;-)

Back