Forex Signal (Tue, Jan 19, 04:30 am EST) UK CPI m/m

Very interesting. This was a signal of yours that I really tried to pay attention to. Unfortunately, I got back to my desk perhaps a minute or so after the accouncement and they were already analysing it on Bloomberg TV. What I saw on the chart was a sharp downward turn BEFORE the announcement and a big up afterwards - but this was way too quick for me. I then picked up plenty of pips on the retracement afterwards which kept on going and going and going. This was on GBP but the same happened with EURUSD.

Hi,

you can simply use the calendar here on this site. That should be sufficient. Since the market sometimes reacts very fast to news release I recommend you take a look on the the description as how to trade those news. Sometimes I use a straddle - but you need to know how to apply it.

Hope this helps!

Hubert

Hi,

you can simply use the calendar here on this site. That should be sufficient. Since the market sometimes reacts very fast to news release I recommend you take a look on the the description as how to trade those news. Sometimes I use a straddle - but you need to know how to apply it.

Hope this helps!

Hubert

Definately. I used a 10 pip SL and it retraced to hit it because of the increased spread. Should have made SL 15 pips....next time.;)

Aah! Nice jump but i was using the post-spike strategy. It went down after the small second spike. Didn't manage to make money on this. Retracement strategy with stop loss at pre-spike level, and trail didn't work this time :unhappy:

hi what is this retracement strategy you mention?

What Currency Meter

Hi Latiff,

Please what currency meter are you talking about or what type of currency meter are you using.

Tx man.

:eek:oh:

Back