• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss ForexHippo.com (Matt Robinson)

General discussions of a financial company
deciding

I'm trying to figure out if this EA is right for me. Normally once I get a feel for an EA I'm good at managing it. But i see all these different settings and version and the range of currency pairs and I might not be able to get this one figured out. also, my manual intevention is normally limited as I work my manual intevention comes in the form of reviewing and changing my settings everyday. basically I"m trying to figure out if I can make this one profitable for me. I"m willing to try it if i can

Does anyone know high quality historical data?

Thanks Dirk for your kindness! Thanks Ken for your effort and enthusiasm!

Does anyone know where I can get quality historical data? The quality of MT4 historical data is so poor that back test result cannot represent reliable result.

Hi Andrew

ya, the Hippo is not the easy one yet, but his results are good. I first watched the demoing within FPA but when you read this thread they use different settings specially for the EURJPY so the gain should be much smaller but still gain. What I will do is using the pairs with a 3:1 ratio as Ken mentioned, waiting for his and Matts developments. What I know is when Ken says that there is space for more you can believe that. So as I know him from another thread he is very trustable so there should be space for much more within the Hippo. So in my opinion this EA will grow up soon very well. If you can´t make a decision yet watch the thread for the ongoin development.
hi nzfriendlee, no problem. And I have no idea where to get these info perhaps somebody else knows.
always good trading
:eek:oh: I posted this within another thread too, I found a very useful free toolbar with very usefull indicators in. Made great pips with their help and easy to use. So perhaps within this thread there are manual traders too, seekin for more...
so goto Forex Trading Systems | Forex Robots | Forex Scalping | Forex Signals and install their free toolbar. After installing click on Free Trader Tools within the toolbar. There you find the 4xlounge Trend Bars and 4xlounge Technical Dashboard. Together great indication of how strong a trend is, help is included. Within their site you find useful videos and more. Worth to have a close look to. And just installed their free messenger for # Live 4Xlounge Trade Signals!# Live Signals Lounge Charts!# Live alerts from major Forex news vendors!# Free professional Forex lessons!# Free weekly market analysis!# and much much more!! .... lookin forward for results using this one too....

Last edited:
I'm trying to figure out if this EA is right for me. Normally once I get a feel for an EA I'm good at managing it. But i see all these different settings and version and the range of currency pairs and I might not be able to get this one figured out. also, my manual intevention is normally limited as I work my manual intevention comes in the form of reviewing and changing my settings everyday. basically I"m trying to figure out if I can make this one profitable for me. I"m willing to try it if i can

You dont need to be concerned about the recomended settings unless you want to. Matt Robinson runs the default settings on his live published statement with very good results. I am simply testing settings to see if I can improve the results, and Matt has been very interested in making improvements so I have become involved in this as well. None of this is necessary to run the EA well.
The EA includeds the entire manual strategy, so you can see exactly what the system it runs on is, and I found this helpful and easy to understand.

I'm sold

I just signed up and will get some demo testing started. I've never seen an EA with this kind of support from the developer and the users of the strategy...to me that says something! I'm impressed.

ya

I just signed up and will get some demo testing started. I've never seen an EA with this kind of support from the developer and the users of the strategy...to me that says something! I'm impressed.

great thing..... so I just set up my H for trading with settings named below. I use only 4 pairs trading my live account because of their close ratio to 3:1 Ken mentioned before.
I changed the recommended settings of EURJPY .......

All pairs with MAOpen and BBOpen=true
All pairs Risk Management=False
EURUSD TP/SL 20/60
GBPUSD TP/SL 30/90
EURCHF TP/SL 25/90
EURJPY TP/SL 20/30

all other settings default.......

let´s go
hippotamus-clipart38.gif

Dirk, the posted pairs you list look good, I also like the USDCHF and AUDUSD, but be careful for rollover costs if short, especially on Wednesdays. AUD is the big carry trade now.
Your settings for the EURJPY seem a little low, both on the TP and SL. The average range on this pair is very similar to the GBPUSD and the EURUSD, actually a little higher than either right now. I think the default setting of 30/100 is a good choice, 20/30 seems to be inviting trouble. Both the USDCHF and the AUDUSD can be run on the 20/60 setting.

I'm still a little warry of this trading strategy, but it is doing extremelly well going forward. Its just so different than the way I generally look at and trade the markets. Its been a great learning experience, just keep the risk under control (5% or less per pair on a live account seems wise for now) untill we see some real long term results through different market conditions.

I plan to watch the webinars from Forex Cresendo today and see if it seems as good as certain people are claiming.

Hi Ken

thank you for you´re comment. I will change the EURJPY settings and put the AUDUSD to my chart.
I always like to trade this pair manually. So do you demo the NZDUSD too? This pair has a positive correlation with the AUDUSD but seems mostly go the longer way with more pips inside.....
I think we will have fun with the Hippo because Matt mentioned some new settings/stuff for the H and you´re testing/developing too, looks very good to me.....

hi tipuwang, welcome :)
always good trading

Back