• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss ForexTester.com

General discussions of a financial company
Is Forex Tester compatible with Windows 10?

Absolutely. You can use Forex Tester 2 under any version of Windows.

I updated my Windows OS to Windows 10, and Forex Tester shows me that my registration key is invalid. What should I do?

Please follow the next steps to receive a new registration key and re-register Forex Tester:
  1. Download latest Forex Tester version from our site:http://www.forextester.com/download
  2. Install it on your computer (you can find installation instructions here:http://www.forextester.com/installation )
  3. Run your Forex Tester.
  4. Go to Help → Register program menu.
  5. Choose the "I do not have a registration key" option and press "Next".
  6. Choose "Yes, I already paid" and press "Next".
  7. Fill the key request form in the next window. Choose "Old key does not work" option as reason to request the registration key. If you forgot some contact information, you can write something like “Don’t remember”.
  8. Press "Request key" button.
  9. We will generate registration key for you and send it via email within next 24 hours.

How can I change the speed of testing?

You can do it with the help of the special scrollbar that is just to the right from the "Pause" button.

Can I pause testing and continue it later?

Yes, sure. You can pause testing and save the project with all elements and open it later. You can find more information about projects here: forextester.com/projects

Can I test data on several currency pairs simultaneously?

Forex Tester allows to open any required number of charts for any currency pairs if you have data for them.
The charts for these pairs will be moving simultaneously.

Can I test data on several timeframes simultaneously?

Forex Tester allows to open any required number of charts for any timeframes.
The charts for these timeframes will be moving simultaneously.

Do I have to run statistics manually?

No, you don't. Forex Tester gives you all the information about the trades that have been closed.
Just go to "View -> Show Market Info" menu and do not waste your time on manual analysis anymore.

How can I get aggregate information about this particular bar (candlestick)?

This information is available in "View -> Show Data Window" menu.
There you will see all you need about each bar.

What is the profit chart and where can I find it?

Profit chart is a special instrument for analysis of your strategy performance.
It shows the balance, equity, margin and dropdown in a comfortable visual way.
This chart can be find in "View -> Profit Chart -> Show Profit Chart" menu.

What Windows versions Forex Tester is compatible with?

With Windows 2000 and higher (Windows 2000, 2003, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10). Forex Tester is not compatible with Windows 95/98/Me.

Back